Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead: S8

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 22, 2017, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konki

Talking of Fat Eugene's bullets how comes they were the only bullets being used at the ambush? I got the impression they were running low but weren't completely out. You'd think they'd be using a mix of old and new. Also how comes Rick and the lads still had plenty of bullets? And why do I care?

Kryton

Also how did Oceanside know exactly who they were throwing the molotovs at? It's not like they'd had a list of names and faces of the Saviours right?

I'm beginning to think it's all a load of bollocks. The explosions sounded like grenades rather than glass bottles filled with petrol.

AsparagusTrevor

Bollocks don't explode like that either.

phantom_power

Quote from: Konki on April 18, 2018, 03:30:35 PM
Talking of Fat Eugene's bullets how comes they were the only bullets being used at the ambush? I got the impression they were running low but weren't completely out. You'd think they'd be using a mix of old and new. Also how comes Rick and the lads still had plenty of bullets? And why do I care?

The whole thing is fucking dumb, which isn't a great problem in itself if the characters, dialogue, pacing, direction and general plotting were any good. But they aren't. They are dogshit

Malcy

Since there's going to be some sort of a time jump next series, I wonder who will have died in the meantime or will they not bother and we're to believe that everyone is invincible unless there is an episode on air?

Konki

Not sure if I've mentioned this here before but one thing that bugs me about this show is, considering it's a zombie apocalypse with danger round every corner, how comes no one has ever gone off foraging and just never come back with no body ever found? Surely it'd happen at least once. It almost happened with Glenn. But then it didn't.

wooders1978

It happened with Heath to be fair kinda

Malcy

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 19, 2018, 07:36:09 PM
It happened with Heath to be fair kinda

I thought that as well. They said he wasn't gone for good but that's been a long time he's been away. Maybe he's at Sandi Toksvigs camp? Can he fly a helicopter?

Konki

Who the fuck is Heath?

(I have real problems with the character names. Possibly because I'm thick, possibly because they're so badly drawn.)

Kryton

Quote from: Konki on April 19, 2018, 09:32:47 PM
Who the fuck is Heath?

(I have real problems with the character names. Possibly because I'm thick, possibly because they're so badly drawn.)

The African-American chap with braids and glasses.

Malcy

Quote from: Konki on April 19, 2018, 09:32:47 PM
Who the fuck is Heath?

There are still main characters whose names I struggle remembering. Been that way since series 2 or 3.

Konki

Quote from: Kryton on April 19, 2018, 09:55:15 PM
The African-American chap with braids and glasses.

Fair enough, I vaguely remember him now but wasn't someone with him when he disappeared (assumed eaten) who could then report back? I'm more talking about "just popping to the shops, see you in a bit yeah" then just never coming back.

Tombola

Got discussing whether Rick or Negan is the biggest prick last night.

Negan is a cunt, but knows it and has a vision for a post-zombie world. Like the bad guy in Serenity, but cuntier.

Rick blunders in and hopes for the best.

Conclusion: Why do I still watch this shit?

Bazooka

I'm trying to think of TV shows that went off the rails only to then start climbing quality hill, can't think of anything.

phantom_power

I am never sure if Negan believes what he spouts about saving people or if it is just politics. He often contradicts his ethical code so it is either bad writing (hint: it is) or he isn't sure himself

Ant Farm Keyboard

The Lauren Cohan show is a go at ABC.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/grand-hotel-whiskey-cavalier-dramas-picked-up-series-abc-lauren-cohan-the-walking-dead-1202388835/

Cohan will be allowed to return to play Maggie on The Walking Dead, but naturally in a reduced capacity, which makes the cliffhanger for season 9 even more useless now.

Bazooka

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on May 12, 2018, 01:00:32 AM

http://deadline.com/2018/05/grand-hotel-whiskey-cavalier-dramas-picked-up-series-abc-lauren-cohan-the-walking-dead-1202388835/

Cohan will be allowed to return to play Maggie on The Walking Dead, but naturally in a reduced capacity, which makes the cliffhanger for season 9 even more useless now.

Indeed, not even the EastEnders ending drum roll could have made that cliffhanger any more appealing.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Bazooka on April 28, 2018, 02:31:25 AM
I'm trying to think of TV shows that went off the rails only to then start climbing quality hill, can't think of anything.

How I Met Your Mother is generally acknowledged to have almost dropped into shit creek but then returned to glory.

Buffy had peaks and troughs. Season 4 was a dip (but the season 3 was the best) then came back with 5, dropped again in 6 only finish strong at 7.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on May 12, 2018, 01:00:32 AM

Hurrah. I'm glad she's got an out

kngen

Reading the synopsis of Whiskey Cavalier, I'd put money on it being cancelled before she even gets a chance to arrange leaving drinks with her TWD colleagues.

kidsick5000

Quote from: kngen on May 12, 2018, 04:37:46 PM
Reading the synopsis of Whiskey Cavalier, I'd put money on it being cancelled before she even gets a chance to arrange leaving drinks with her TWD colleagues.

Fair enough. But then you never know. If they make it enough of a comfort watch, it could be one of those inexplicable long-runners like Hawaii5-0, Castle and the like

Ant Farm Keyboard

Castle was huge in France.

The pilot for Whiskey Cavalier was directed by Peter Atencio, who shot almost every episode of Key & Peele plus the Jean-Claude Van Johnson show for Amazon that was canceled after six episodes, but still featured some very impressive sequences (the fight on the boat was great). He's supposed to stick with W.C.

Malcy

Massively gigantic news about the show just been announced. I've white text it incase anyone doesn't ant to know but it's bound to find it's way to you soon enough!

Link - http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/

notjosh

Quote from: kidsick5000 on May 12, 2018, 08:58:43 AM
How I Met Your Mother is generally acknowledged to have almost dropped into shit creek but then returned to glory.

By who? As far as I was concerned it just tunnelled deeper and deeper into the mud.

The Walking Dead has a lot more flexibility in its premise though. If they're willing to do something radically different and world-changing I could see it being interesting again.

Bazooka

Quote from: Malcy on May 29, 2018, 09:55:15 PM
Massively gigantic news about the show just been announced. I've white text it incase anyone doesn't ant to know but it's bound to find it's way to you soon enough!

Link - http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/

Give it one more season after that, and then it gets cancelled.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: notjosh on May 30, 2018, 11:48:33 AMThe Walking Dead has a lot more flexibility in its premise though. If they're willing to do something radically different and world-changing I could see it being interesting again.
As fucking stupid and nonsensical as the Maggie, Jesus & Daryl's planned betrayal is, a 'civil war' storyline could be quite interesting if done right. However, it's The Walking Dead so it definitely won't be done right.

Malcy

Quote from: Bazooka on May 30, 2018, 12:17:09 PM
Give it one more season after that, and then it gets cancelled.

Here's hoping. Far too much stupidity and stretched out these days. I watched the first episode for the second time recently and couldn't believe how much different and better it was.

Fear is interesting, has great locations and things going on. Hopefully that doesn't go down the same route TWD has.

up_the_hampipe

Time for Judith to step up. She's the man of the house now.

wooders1978

Glad I gave up on it last season - it's going to go to a whole new level of shitness without Rick - boring old one dimensional Darrel as the lead? Jeepers...

Hat FM

maybe rick will get a bus to a nearby state leaving the door open for a return in a few years rather than the grizzly classic gore death.

seems weird its so out in the open. spose they couldn't keep it quiet.