Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead: S8

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 22, 2017, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

I hope something happens that doesn't involve Rick dying. Maybe some disaster and he does a Harold from Neighbours and is discovered with salvation (see what I did there?) at the end of series 10 and then they all live happily ever after.

Thinking on an ending, it's something I had little interest in for years but now I just want a definitive end. They have a few options.

Immunise everyone. There are obviously people well protected working on a cure. Was it man made? Will we get Peter Capaldi as a WHO Doctor in some CDC outpost? That would be good.

They all become walkers. Brutal ending but you could see the point. You can never escape the inevitable.

Otherwise your left with an open ending. They do finally find proper safety but it's never guaranteed. So you know that even after the final episode they're still likely to be attacked by Walkers from the inside or out or another one of the never ending wave of bad bastards

Either way just end the fucking thing and keep Fear running for a few years. And if civilisation returns to an extent give us a new buddy cop series with Morgan & John Dorie!

Losing interest now on this show. More on in the background really now in case things pick up but I couldn't get the to it at all this week. Is it just me or has this one also taken a dramatic shift in quality?

Malcy

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on June 04, 2018, 08:25:52 PM
Losing interest now on this show. More on in the background really now in case things pick up but I couldn't get the to it at all this week. Is it just me or has this one also taken a dramatic shift in quality?

Took me a minute but do you mean Fear? You made a thread for it!

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,66463.0.html

Yeah this week's was the weakest so far and only one more until the break. I think having a week off made it lose a bit of momentum. I'm assuming Madison will either turn up for the cliffhanger or else we'll find out she's dead.

Bazooka

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on June 04, 2018, 08:25:52 PM

I assume you mean Fear also, because cannon WD has dipped in quality for a long time.

Quote from: Malcy on June 04, 2018, 11:17:45 PM
Took me a minute but do you mean Fear? You made a thread for it!

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,66463.0.html

Yeah this week's was the weakest so far and only one more until the break. I think having a week off made it lose a bit of momentum. I'm assuming Madison will either turn up for the cliffhanger or else we'll find out she's dead.

Yes, indeed, I have posted this in the wrong thread and it should have been the FTWD one.  Apologies for confusion. TWD has lost quality alright and It would look that this may be going down same path, but will still at h it.

Malcy

Series 9 to have a character return. I won't put it here cos no doubt someone will moan about spoilers(there's always one somewhere!) But it's easy enough to find.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Malcy on June 19, 2018, 12:37:09 AM
Series 9 to have a character return. I won't put it here cos no doubt someone will moan about spoilers(there's always one somewhere!) But it's easy enough to find.
I suppose we never actually saw him get shot after that zombie pulled his guts out, but I for one will be really happy to see that bucket hat return!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 19, 2018, 02:14:23 PM
I suppose we never actually saw him get shot after that zombie pulled his guts out, but I for one will be really happy to see that bucket hat return!

Yeah, he was probably my favourite character until Negan swaggered along. I don't even care if they do a Dirty Den "he's not dead after all" twist, he might refresh the show.

phantom_power

It's only for one episode so I imagine it will be a flash back or some sort of vision

Bazooka

Quote from: phantom_power on June 19, 2018, 04:24:55 PM
It's only for one episode so I imagine it will be a flash back or some sort of vision

Without a doubt, he was genuinely one of the best characters.

phantom_power

Yes, but that isn't saying much

Clownbaby

Finally got round to watching this. Finished it. 70/30 split of long winded tedious episodes and good episodes. I really got sick of Ezekiel going "and yet I smile" and all the intense shaky close ups of people's meaningful faces. I really enjoyed season 7 and Negan really shocked some life back into the show but it seems like they'd wrote such a massive, intense character that they kind of push themselves into a corner and thought "right how the fuck are we gonna deal with this lad now"

I've always thought Carl was fucking annoying with his hat and his hair and his unpleasantly impish little Rick Astley face but I did cry when he died. Bless him he was a decent lad, just really annoying