Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead: S8

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 22, 2017, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well that was a bit better but mainly because we get David Koresh making a cameo appearance.

hermitical

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on November 06, 2017, 10:17:59 AM
For some reason I watched the whole of the first series in one go recently. It is sooooooo bad I think I went into soap opera mode. I may as well have been watching Corrie. Only Corrie is a bit more bleak.

Not sure why people are talking about the recent reboot when the 70s version is classic 'Scarred For Life' material

Malcy

That was the only death in this whole show where i've gone 'aww noooo'! Suppose they were taking up a bit of the budget though. The CGI was a bit ropey at one point when they were fighting at the gate. Nothing new there i suppose.

up_the_hampipe

I'm getting pretty fed up of Ezekiel.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 13, 2017, 05:44:28 PM
I'm getting pretty fed up of Ezekiel.

Yeah well after that episode I think he will be less likely to give the inspirational uplifting speeches.

Format of each episode has been roughly the same so far this series but I did think that was the best so far.

maett

Oh how I've missed The A Team.

Though I suppose they've eliminated two problematic elements of the show in the CGI tiger and Ezekiel's majestic charade

Doesn't bode well for the junkyard twats.

Gulftastic

Quote from: maett on November 13, 2017, 07:51:14 PM

Doesn't bode well for the junkyard twats.

Ah, bollocks. I'd almost forgotten about them twats. Can we hope that Rick & Co. quickly mow the ridiculous fuckers down with the newly acquired fifty cal guns?

And I liked that Gerry knew that the King was full of shit, but didn't care because it gave him something to believe in and follow. And that he didn't die. I was fucking annoyed that they stood around watching the walkers eat Shiva down the bone marrow, instead of fucking off as soon as it was obvious that the cat was done for. Take the head start, you thick pillocks!

Bazooka

SPOILERS xxx

The best of a bad bunch really. Again pure evidence of massive budget issues, CGI gun shot sparks on the invincible truck /Carol shoot out. 5 blokes who are meant to be ruthless armed with M16'etc firing bullets made of bread.

The Rick and Darryl chase was like an FMV in a PS2 game, pure A-team with a guy with a fuck off gun only causing scratches to a jeep, even the windscreen had CGI sparks bouncing off.

Big fucking 300lb bloke can't break a chain with a battleaxe, then just let the tiger die because they can't be arsed to help it

Awful, but I still watch it every week and in a mad way look forward to it. I guess I hope these episodes have saved them some money and they get back on track. Can't remember the last program where the noticeable difference in quality due to budget is as bad as this.

Hat FM

Michael Bay guest directing has really been a misstep this season.

Konki

That was terrible. Really, awfully shit. The whole tiger thing has been ridiculous but it turning up to save the day (again) and then getting overpowered by a handful of rotting and softened up zombies as it just cowered is fucking ludicrous. That's not the only problem with the episode but it's the last one I saw. It's just an insult now, a shitty kid's cartoon with gore.

Bazooka

Quote from: Konki on November 13, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
That was terrible. Really, awfully shit. The whole tiger thing has been ridiculous but it turning up to save the day (again) and then getting overpowered by a handful of rotting and softened up zombies as it just cowered is fucking ludicrous. That's not the only problem with the episode but it's the last one I saw. It's just an insult now, a shitty kid's cartoon with gore.

To be fair the death of Shiva is in the comic, although in that she actually puts up a fight.

Konki

Quote from: Bazooka on November 13, 2017, 10:54:55 PM
To be fair the death of Shiva is in the comic, although in that she actually puts up a fight.

Then the comic is ludicrous too.

Hat FM

is it me or did the zombies cower when the tiger turned up? No idea how it lasted that long after getting bested by a few walkers. even gabriel would have taken care of them.

btw if gabriel and negan haven't banged by now i'm gona be upset.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Bazooka on November 13, 2017, 08:34:23 PMThe best of a bad bunch really. Again pure evidence of massive budget issues, CGI gun shot sparks on the invincible truck /Carol shoot out. 5 blokes who are meant to be ruthless armed with M16'etc firing bullets made of bread.

The Rick and Darryl chase was like an FMV in a PS2 game, pure A-team with a guy with a fuck off gun only causing scratches to a jeep, even the windscreen had CGI sparks bouncing off.

The gunfights have been especially awful this season, the guns just don't look like they're firing anything at all, people might as well be running around shouting DADADADADA BUDABUDABUDA. The CGI on Shiva has been a massive step down from last season too. I was impressed at the mess those high-calibre machine guns made of people, but then they can't even fucking dent a jeep.

Yeah, it was better this week but still many issues. I must admit did feel tension at some points though, like when the show used to be great.

Bazooka

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 14, 2017, 12:35:55 PM
The gunfights have been especially awful this season, the guns just don't look like they're firing anything at all, people might as well be running around shouting DADADADADA BUDABUDABUDA. The CGI on Shiva has been a massive step down from last season too. I was impressed at the mess those high-calibre machine guns made of people, but then they can't even fucking dent a jeep.

Yeah, it was better this week but still many issues. I must admit did feel tension at some points though, like when the show used to be great.

The gun fire/mussel flashes were also CGI in some of the shots, never noticed that in earlier seasons. I can't understand where this has all come from, but its a huge drop in quality, there were always bad episodes, but this is mad.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Bazooka on November 14, 2017, 01:35:57 PM
The gun fire/mussel flashes were also CGI in some of the shots, never noticed that in earlier seasons. I can't understand where this has all come from, but its a huge drop in quality, there were always bad episodes, but this is mad.

You'd be surprised how much gunfire/muzzle flash in film and TV is fake.

maett

Bazooka

Probably the better episode of the series minus the nauseous worker scene near the end. Daryl being made up for the TV show, you can really tell they have no idea what to do with him.

Konki

Agreed. It was good to see Negan portrayed as more than just a cartoon.

Unfortunately it looks like the dump cunts are back next week.

AsparagusTrevor

The first scene with Simon and Gregory was just clunky exposition of the worst kind. The scene where Negan and Gabriel gut-up, something that many people have done many times before with no ill effects but Negan says something about people getting sick from covering themselves in walker innards, then lo and behold Gabriel gets sick.

The rest of the episode was decent enough, filled Negan out a bit more for the better. Not looking forward to the garbage, pale cunts next week unless they're reintroducing them just to kill them off. The producers have gotta know everyone hates those characters, surely?

Bazooka

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 21, 2017, 06:24:41 PM
The first scene with Simon and Gregory was just clunky exposition of the worst kind. The scene where Negan and Gabriel gut-up, something that many people have done many times before with no ill effects but Negan says something about people getting sick from covering themselves in walker innards, then lo and behold Gabriel gets sick.

The rest of the episode was decent enough, filled Negan out a bit more for the better. Not looking forward to the garbage, pale cunts next week unless they're reintroducing them just to kill them off. The producers have gotta know everyone hates those characters, surely?

The producers haven't got a bloody clue this series.

Spiteface

In theory, this should have been a marked improvement. There's more action and something resembling a goal. I also like the telly version of Negan.

It still feels like a chore to watch. I imagine this is how people felt abut shit like Lost if they ever got sucked into that. Big pile of fuck-all happening, occasional moment of excitement, and then several iceages of fuck-all again until the next bit.

I'd say I'm dropping this, then smugly tell you how good I feel about myself for doing so, but we all know I'd be lying, and I'll still put myself through this every week.

Bazooka

As much as I complain, I will realistically watch it until I am dead or it is cancelled.

Tombola

The comics were never exactly great, but there was a sense when Negan was introduced that they'd met their match and were up against not just just a great, hulking maniac, but someone with a keen sense of strategy and an army behind him. Rick had met not only met his match, but was continually humiliated and belittled because he wasn't as awesome as he thought.

Again, not great, but the TV version is just the good guys blasting away the bad guys and no sense of jeopardy whatsoever. When Negan is eventually beaten in the comics, it's a bit cathartic. I don't think anyone really gives a shit about this wacky character and his infinite disposable cannon fodder getting bested. Feel like it's gone on for years already.

phantom_power

The biggest problem with this show I think is how serious it takes itself and how profound it thinks it is being. The same conversations over and over about morality and humanity and survival. Shut the fuck up and kill some zombies, or get killed. Whichever.

A bit of levity wouldn't go amiss either. In the darkest circumstances people have this great ability to see the funny side or distract themselves with humour. There is none of that here. Tara last season seemed to be taking on that role and she was all the better for it. This season though she has reverted back to being just another mouthpiece for one side of the "human life is sacred" argument. Z Nation is a much better show, which is a damning indictment if ever there was one

And there is no way that tiger would have been overpowered by a load of bloated decomposing corpses with the consistency of silly putty. But then there is no way they would be able to source enough meat to keep the fucker alive in the first place so I suppose the two stupids cancel each other out

up_the_hampipe

Rick and Daryl having a scrap was really stupid. What a pair of tits. Who would have faith in them to save everyone?

Little bit of depth to Negan, finally. Giving the actor something to do other than smile and say something rude. I'd love an extra long flashback episode focused on his time as a PE teacher.

Malcy

A couple of weeks behind. Just in no rush to watch it like I used to.

The character crossing over has been revealed too. Was one of the last people I expected.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Malcy on November 27, 2017, 02:47:22 PMThe character crossing over has been revealed too. Was one of the last people I expected.

Yeah, I didn't even think Judith was born when Fear The Walking Dead is set.

up_the_hampipe

This season has been shit and stupid and boring.

The Dump tribe cunts can really fuck right off. That whole pattern of talking like that and doing all the crazy circular formations and then random walking about. WTF!!!???
Was a bit of plot development though, but yeah the bar has been set very low this series. Daryl showing up in nik of time, still very trigger happy too.