Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:06:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Burr on Ricky Gervais [split topic]

Started by up_the_hampipe, October 22, 2017, 06:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

I wasn't sure which of the 50 Ricky Gervais threads to stick this in, but here's Bill Burr hating on Gervais for his Golden Globes hosting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cIqKnywiJo

I love Burr infinitely more than Gervais, but he gets this a bit wrong, especially when he trashes Karl Pilkington. I've heard other comics try to go after Gervais for the Globes thing. It should be easy, he was a smug cunt who thought he was so ballsy for teasing some celebs, but along the way their argument just goes off the rails.

newbridge

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 22, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
I wasn't sure which of the 50 Ricky Gervais threads to stick this in, but here's Bill Burr hating on Gervais for his Golden Globes hosting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cIqKnywiJo

I love Burr infinitely more than Gervais, but he gets this a bit wrong, especially when he trashes Karl Pilkington. I've heard other comics try to go after Gervais for the Globes thing. It should be easy, he was a smug cunt who thought he was so ballsy for teasing some celebs, but along the way their argument just goes off the rails.

Can't figure out why nobody has asked Bill Burr to host an awards show, with brilliant comedy like that. English people have bad teeth, ha!

I have to say though, Ricky Gervais deserves a lot of credit for building a time machine, going back in time a half century, and inventing the concept of lightly roasting celebrities during awards ceremonies.

Twed

Quote from: newbridge on October 22, 2017, 06:26:39 PM
Can't figure out why nobody has asked Bill Burr to host an awards show, with brilliant comedy like that. English people have bad teeth, ha!
I think people just like his angry voice

There is surely nothing else to the man

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Twed on October 22, 2017, 07:24:37 PM
I think people just like his angry voice

There is surely nothing else to the man

Aside from great material and a natural comedic ability that makes 90% of other comics look like tryhard hacks.

Twed

He is indeed aside to those things lol smiley face wink

up_the_hampipe

Giving a wee bump to this pointless split topic, as Burr was actually a guest on Ricky's radio show recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59sHD3E5kA

Burr doesn't seem to like him very much here either. Particularly amusing is Ricky's shock at the "bullying" nature of the Comedy Cellar chums, must have forgotten about his treatment of Nigel the editor, or Karl Pilkington, or Robin Ince.

Twed

BritishHobo

Quite interesting hearing Ricky attempt to feel out the 'rules' of that whole gang.