Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where the fuck is Mark Lamarr?

Started by mippy, October 25, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

I bumped into someone who was at school with him and even HE doesn't know. Why hasn't he even turned up on the Sidebar of Shame, looking twenty years older than he did in 1997, 'flaunting his curves'?

Sebastian Cobb

I like to think he's now a silver man somewhere in London, or possibly serving a custodial sentence.

I do wish he still did radio though; Peterson should get him on worldwidefm or something.

biggytitbo

The only thing I remember from the last decause was some dvd extra he was on with Sean Lock which looked fairly recentish, can;t remeber where I saw that though. He looked basically the same except a bit more grizzled.

Come back Mark Lamarr, if you are reading this.

Shit Good Nose

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 25, 2017, 01:13:37 PM
The only thing I remember from the last decause was some dvd extra he was on with Sean Lock which looked fairly recentish, can;t remeber where I saw that though. He looked basically the same except a bit more grizzled.

Come back Mark Lamarr, if you are reading this.

He was on the DVD extras for 15 Storeys High which aired between 2002 and 2004.

Bazooka

Didn't he and Mark Kermode morph into the same vessel?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bazooka on October 25, 2017, 01:15:10 PM
Didn't he and Mark Kermode morph into the same vessel?

Actually, good point - Kermode quickly piled on the terry when Lamarr went quiet.  Coincidence?

Replies From View

I suspect that being the unfunny one and having 50s-throwback hair can only get you so far in life.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 25, 2017, 01:14:28 PM
He was on the DVD extras for 15 Storeys High which aired between 2002 and 2004.

I'm sure the thing I saw was only a few years old, I think the dvds came out around 2008 ish, but it was more recent than that.

BlodwynPig

QuoteJust saw Mark Lamarr in Poundland on Portobello Road. I was buying toothpaste. He was buying shit loads of Quavers

Desolation

BlodwynPig

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 25, 2017, 01:24:02 PM

Desolation

Not necessarily - if you like Quavers, Poundland is the place to get them. 

Captain Crunch

His Wikipedia page is a bit joyless:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Lamarr

And I wonder what they mean by 'years active'?  Is he not breathing now or something? 

hedgehog90

He returned to The Black Lodge sometime in 2011.

That's not him, that's his tulpa.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bazooka on October 25, 2017, 01:45:23 PM
Paid by cheque.

And why not - look at the number of items on the screen!  Comes to at least £11.

Captain Z

QuoteJust saw Mark Lamarr in Poundland on Portobello Road. He looked fat and depressed.

Eis Nein

My research has led me to conclude he's on Portobello Road. I would commence your sweep from the Poundland.

Alberon

His mission complete he returned to the 1950s.

I met Mark Lamarr when I was a kid - he was doing his 'roving reporter' bit on the Big Breakfast. Turned on the telly and there he was, just down the street, I could see him from my bedroom window. Naturally we all piled down there to call him a twat and get ourselves on the telly.

BlodwynPig

Is it just an indictment that the 90s lad-britpop-gazza-ladette-dove-from-above shit is well and truly over. You either become an author of try-to-hard novels or fade away. At least a chance to grow old gracefully unlike our 70s heroes who got shiny grey suits and made shite MOR in the Caribbean.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Quote on October 25, 2017, 01:59:05 PM
I met Mark Lamarr when I was a kid - he was doing his 'roving reporter' bit on the Big Breakfast. Turned on the telly and there he was, just down the street, I could see him from my bedroom window. Naturally we all piled down there to call him a twat and get ourselves on the telly.

I met Lisa Rodgers doing similar.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 25, 2017, 02:03:28 PM
Is it just an indictment that the 90s lad-britpop-gazza-ladette-dove-from-above shit is well and truly over. You either become an author of try-to-hard novels or fade away. At least a chance to grow old gracefully unlike our 70s heroes who got shiny grey suits and made shite MOR in the Caribbean.

You say it's over, but if you look at the Radio X schedule it seems it's been resuscitated. No doubt for indie dads in their Zafira.

Icehaven

There was some speculation in one of the Sean Hughes threads as to wether the lesser spotted Lamarr had just invested the cash from his heyday well so was now just being quietly wealthy somewhere. While buying Quavers in Poundland doesn't necessarily contradict that theory, it does make it seem a little less likely.

Alberon

There is always a fascination with people who withdraw from celebrity (as opposed to being forced out against their will). Actors and comedians are expected to keep going until they drop and actually retiring is considered almost perverse.

Quote from: icehaven on October 25, 2017, 02:06:14 PM
While buying Quavers in Poundland doesn't necessarily contradict that theory, it does make it seem a little less likely.

It could be a Poundland in Dubai

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: clingfilm portent on October 25, 2017, 02:11:13 PM
It could be a Poundland in Dubai
Is there a Portobello Road in Dubai as well then?