Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,303
  • Total Topics: 106,765
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:51:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where the fuck is Mark Lamarr?

Started by mippy, October 25, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

He was still a massive prick to Rhys Thomas that time though, and I can't really think of anything else when his name comes up now.

VaginaSimpson

People change. Some boys were raised to be cvnts.

Uh Mark is very active on Twitter if it hasn't already been said. He has also changed his status. It used to say that he wouldn't be on there for long. He should really do a podcast.

Dewt

https://twitter.com/lamarr_mark/status/1235665305436909568

Ah okay now he's being a big grumpy arse.

I know it's mild but I can't imagine having that much of a moan about how people engage with my content.

Why does he think it's necessary to retweet something? Let people choose what to put on their own timelines.

Mr_Simnock

I don't get that request tbh but I suppose he want's more followers but doesn't want to spell that out in a tweet.

Butchers Blind

petril

making holes in the wall with his FIST

lankyguy95

I don't think he wants more followers, I think he just enjoys sharing music and wants to feel like it is actually being shared.

Dewt

And telling people off for not sharing it according to his regime.

phantom_power

He had a bit of a grumpy altercation with someone about Eddy Grant the other day as well. I think he might just be a bit of a mard arse

the

You don't get much activity if you just put up stuff that people like, you've got to have arguments with people remember? It's that joyous necessity of social media that makes life so rich and nuanced

Butchers Blind

I'm still interested in what he's doing for work.  You can't earn anything by posting your favourite tunes up on Twitter.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 06, 2020, 01:35:53 PM
I'm still interested in what he's doing for work.  You can't earn anything by posting your favourite tunes up on Twitter.
Landlord, probably?

The Culture Bunker

I'd assumed he'd made enough cash, from his quiz show days mainly, that he just didn't need to work unless he was so inclined.

Ambient Sheep

Yup, bear in mind that as host of Buzzcocks he was almost certainly earning five figures per episode.  Stash enough of those away nicely and you're set for life.

PlanktonSideburns

this site is the only place where i get exposed to twitter, and so far mark lamarr looks like the best one on it.
Quote from: the on March 06, 2020, 01:15:55 PM
You don't get much activity if you just put up stuff that people like, you've got to have arguments with people remember? It's that joyous necessity of social media that makes life so rich and nuanced

yea its this isnt it - all about that fight of flight based engagment

Sebastian Cobb

Aye, Hughes bought his house with the Buzzcocks money. Plus Lamarr had the radio gigs to fall back on (he did in flight and train 'radio' shows as well).

the

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 06, 2020, 02:20:16 PMyea its this isnt it - all about that fight of flight based engagment

People flocking to other people's posts to have a gawp at some spat is what collects more advertising revenue. So the mechanisms behind the social media sites encourage and intensify it. Shit innit.

Still, what's the worst than can happen, a world in which every cunt is engaged in a dickbrained perma-mouthy argumentative state. Oh.

the

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on March 06, 2020, 02:28:24 PMWonderful story he posted just yesterday:

Quote from: https://www.twitter.com/lamarr_mark/status/1235537578624864256A favourite story , which I got straight from the horses mouth. Many years ago Tom Robinson was selling off his equipment and a dread came round to buy. He asked why all the amps etc had TRB stamped on them. Tom told him that it was the Tom Robinson band.

The dread replied , oh they were good , I wonder whatever happened to him. Of course Tom told him who he was and the dread was absolutely mortified. In an attempt to ease the situation, Tom said, 'oh it's OK, I often wonder whatever happened to Eddy Grant'.

You can guess the next line.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: the on March 06, 2020, 02:31:57 PM
You can guess the next line.

And there was a cup of tea on the nightstand?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dewt

It's like having another parent who complains about you not calling them enough

I like it, it's wacky.

Is he going to spend his Thursday going through his followers and removing the ones who don't retweet enough then? Because that's again, hilarious.

Sebastian Cobb

Culling your followers for not retweeting you. Bit needy.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on April 23, 2020, 04:05:38 PM
It's like having another parent who complains about you not calling them enough

I like it, it's wacky.

Is he going to spend his Thursday going through his followers and removing the ones who don't retweet enough then? Because that's again, hilarious.

Last time I checked there wasn't a function to do this and it required surreptitiously blocking and unblocking someone. I mean fair enough if it's the odd weirdo who keeps @'ing you but for a cull it's a bit of a faff.

Dewt

I've definitely removed followers in the past (I hate spammers) but I'd be surprised if there was a tool to do it by "who has retweeted you or not" (or rather, surprised that Lamarr would be savvy enough to find/use that tool) so it's probably a manual process. Again, hilarious. He's going to sit down at his desk and put reading glasses on and do that all day.

Captain Crunch

Says more about the vacuous pisstank that is twitter than it does about him. 

Dewt

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 23, 2020, 04:11:41 PM
Says more about the vacuous pisstank that is twitter than it does about him.
lol no it doesn't

Captain Crunch