Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:16:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where the fuck is Mark Lamarr?

Started by mippy, October 25, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

If you can show me the social network that indulges the attention tantrums of 50 year old men I would love to see it because at the risk of sounding like a record that Lamarr has headbutted in anger: hilarious

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on April 23, 2020, 04:30:55 PM
If you can show me the social network that indulges the attention tantrums of 50 year old men I would love to see it because at the risk of sounding like a record that Lamarr has headbutted in anger: hilarious

glindr.org

Captain Crunch

That's the most sensible thing you've said for about four months. 

Marner and Me

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 23, 2020, 04:06:23 PM
Culling your followers for not retweeting you. Bit needy.
I'd say it is the opposite of needy, then again people who are on Twitter are needy anyway.

The Roofdog

1. Follow 14 people. 2. Accuse others of not using twitter properly. 3. Profit.

The Lurker

PlanktonSideburns

Probably saw that video of him and Brian may

Ray Travez

I quite like that he's still a recalcitrant grumpy sod

Sebastian Cobb

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on March 06, 2020, 02:28:24 PM
Wonderful story he posted just yesterday:

https://www.twitter.com/lamarr_mark/status/1235537578624864256

QuoteA favourite story , which I got straight from the horses mouth. Many years ago Tom Robinson was selling off his equipment and a dread came round to buy. He asked why all the amps etc had TRB stamped on them. Tom told him that it was the Tom Robinson band.

The dread replied , oh they were good , I wonder whatever happened to him. Of course Tom told him who he was and the dread was absolutely mortified. In an attempt to ease the situation, Tom said, 'oh it's OK, I often wonder whatever happened to Eddy Grant'.

You can guess the next line.

Is the next line that it was Eddy Grant? That line of TR's - 'oh it's OK, I often wonder whatever happened to Eddy Grant' - was a bit random, if so.

Ambient Sheep

Well I assume so, I can't think of any other ending, can you? :-)

Although I would love to know what happened next, as if I'd been Eddy the coincidence would have been so much that I might have suspected Tim Robinson was taking deliberate revenge.  I guess TR was suitably mortified enough in return that EG realised it really was innocent.

holyzombiejesus

The 'dread' may have challenged him on why he was mentioning Eddy Grant and whether he had only mentioned him as he himself was a man of colour, leading to Tom apologising and offering a small discount on his musical equipment. A much better ending.

Ambient Sheep

Or simply "Oh I can tell you that mate, he married my sister and he's a right cunt!"

(Most unlikely, as far as I can tell Mr. Grant is a nice man.)

the

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 27, 2020, 03:20:14 PM[...] I might have suspected Tim Robinson was taking deliberate revenge.

That was how I read it - that Tom Robinson had clocked that he was talking with Eddy Grant and threw that back as a barbed joke. The storyteller only feeds you that it's 'a dread' rather than Eddy Grant because that allows for the punchline reveal.

Dewt

momatt

The Lurker

His ex-wife/girlfriend, I believe.

imitationleather

Sarah's probably just curious about whether or not Quavers are on offer again.

Captain Z

She kept asking him what he thought of all this JK Rowling business.

touchingcloth

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: neardark on June 12, 2022, 07:34:06 AMTakes his music tweets very seriously

https://twitter.com/lamarr_mark/status/1535718286943571968?t=meNPmRXZemXpzm_YYrsRXg&s=19

What a weird thing to have a go at someone over.

I mean Lamar having a go at that bloke.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Sebastian Cobb

He's a right touchy prick on twitter, a while back he was having a benny and blocking people for liking tweets of his sharing music instead of retweeting.

I'm sure he's a right touchy prick off twitter as well.

imitationleather

Probably annoyed he can't get his end away like he used to now he's old, grey and has the full Quaver gut.

dontpaintyourteeth

I suppose he's not the only faded media figure who completely misunderstands twitter, but he does seem like a right knobend doesn't he

Martin Van Buren Stan

Yeah. That's why he uses the old pic, hoping to stay young forever. He's basically some kind of modern day, quaver addicted Dorian Gray. Quaver buying bastard. Standing by a till with a bag of quavers waiting to exchange legal tender to acquire them.

ProvanFan

He probably fancies that sexy cat from the 1993 advert for the new salt & vinegar flavour, the fucking weirdo.