Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Flight of the Conchords UK Tour 2018

Started by phantom_power, October 26, 2017, 08:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Tickets go on sale on Friday. Does anyone know why I can apparently buy them on Viagogo today?

Really looking forward to this but £74 for the cheapest tickets seems a lot

DrGreggles

Soulless big venues only, unfortunately.
As much as I love FOTC I'll be giving this a miss.

SpiderChrist

Mini

I may just be trying to make myself feel better for not going, but I imagine the audience will overwhelmingly be wankers. I'm not sure what that's based on. 

Serge

Yeah, would love to go to see them, but the price and lack of proximity to where I am is ruling it out.

Blinder Data

Never seen them live. Do they put on a show?

I like them a lot but £50+ for an arena ticket for what I presume will be two quietly spoken Kiwis with guitars, plus all the squealing fans -  no ta

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blinder Data on October 26, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
Never seen them live. Do they put on a show?

The HBO special is the best example of their live show (and very good it is too).

Gig tickets have gone stratospheric recently. Big names are 60 plus a ticket as a matter of routine alas.

MikeShaft

Saw them multiple times in Edinburgh over the years. I just can't image it working in an arena.
And £74?
Fuck off.

phantom_power

Quote from: MikeShaft on October 26, 2017, 04:38:24 PM
Saw them multiple times in Edinburgh over the years. I just can't image it working in an arena.
And £74?
Fuck off.

I think the cheapest are actually about £35. I was quoting the price from Viagogo, which seemed to be selling them before they were even on pre-sale somehow.

bomb_dog

Quote from: phantom_power on October 26, 2017, 04:41:34 PM
I think the cheapest are actually about £35.

Do you get binoculars included in that price?

Just recently watched through series one of the HBO series, and contrary to what seems to popular opinion, a lot of the sitcom bits are far better than some of the songs. It's great comfort telly.

Think I'll pass on soulless arenas though, I'd get angry at the whooping. If you're with thousands of people, and it's not just you and Mel, then that's part of the joke gone.

SteveDave

I went to buy tickets for the Hammersmith dates today but £65 was the cheapest. They can stick them up their arse for nothing.

phantom_power

I tried when the went on sale at 10 and they were all sold out in seconds

kalowski

Quote from: phantom_power on October 27, 2017, 10:47:26 AM
I tried when the went on sale at 10 and they were all sold out in seconds
Seems there had been two days of "pre-sales" for certain parties. The parties that are now reselling them, I imagine.

phantom_power

More dates announced so it looks like I will be seeing them at the cheaper and less arena-like Portsmouth Guildhall

DrGreggles

MK theatre is about 1400 capacity, so that might not be too bad.

phantom_power

Five star review in the Guardian with mention of lots of new songs. I am seeing them tonight and very excited

phantom_power

They were great. The new songs are up to the standard of the old ones and the music was great as well. It would have stood on its own as a music gig without any of the comedy. Support was David O'Doherty, which was a nice surprise

Good to hear, I'm seeing them on Wednesday and am really looking forward to it

ieXush2i

Will they do Shiny? I fucking love that. MAUI MAN

petercussing

I saw it in Pompey yesterday, too.

It was decent enough, though a bit flat at the start, but v funny and i agree that lots of the new song wuz good

As a giant man my first half was jacked up a smidge by the shitty, shitty seating, so might have impacted my assessment of the first bit. I had to sit in the aisle in the second half which made it better and i enjoyed it more so don't listen to my tained views..

phantom_power

Quote from: petercussing on March 06, 2018, 03:27:06 PM
I saw it in Pompey yesterday, too.

It was decent enough, though a bit flat at the start, but v funny and i agree that lots of the new song wuz good

As a giant man my first half was jacked up a smidge by the shitty, shitty seating, so might have impacted my assessment of the first bit. I had to sit in the aisle in the second half which made it better and i enjoyed it more so don't listen to my tained views..

I was sat right at the front of the amusingly titled upper stalls (raised about a foot from the normal stalls) so I had plenty of leg room and a great view

I didn't think it was flat at the start. I was laughing all the way through the warm-up and that continued straight into the main set. There were plenty of cameras so there may be a live DVD at some point. I hope they release an album of the new stuff as well. I want to hear a full studio version of The Ballad of Stana and the one about the office romance

is it usual for that many people to go for a piss? What is wrong with people's bladders?

Danger Man

Quote from: phantom_power on March 06, 2018, 03:50:43 PM
is it usual for that many people to go for a piss? What is wrong with people's bladders?

When I saw Oxide Ghosts in Nottingham I think I was the only person in the sold-out audience who managed to last the entire 60 minutes without going to the toilet.

My theory: People are fucking idiots.

petercussing

Haha yeah, that was odd wasn't it? Though that one dude got to get lots of attention in the cowboy style song so it paid off for him wonderfully.

I thought i might be just me that though it started slowly, on top of my extreme lack of comfort i'd traveled down from Leeds, where i'd done something the previous day, so was very tired when i got there.

SteveDave

There were plenty of cameras so there may be a live DVD at some point. I hope they release an album of the new stuff as well. I want to hear a full studio version of The Ballad of Stana and the one about the office romance

It's being filmed for the HBO special that's coming out:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/flight-of-the-conchords-comedy-special-hbo-1202241059/

Just got back from this, fucking fantastic

phantom_power

How ramshackle was it? They forgot a few starts to songs on the first night. Did they play Business Time? They said they would to someone who shouted it out from the crowd but I assumed it was just a joke

Quite ramshackle. A few fluffed cues, a few mic issues. Lots of corpsing mid-song. No 'Business Time'. A delight though.