Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've been spammed by a spam filter

Started by Pinball, February 19, 2004, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Truly unbe-fucking-lievable. A lesson in how to alienate your target audience.
QuoteDate: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:57:06 +0100
Subject: fed up with spam ?
To:

Has this mail slid through your mail filter?
Your mail filter didn't stop this e-mail because it is not intelligent enough?

Yes. I'm afraid, this is true. But there is a new solution for you.

Spamgubernator works with all popular e-mail clients (e.g. OutlookExpress, Outlook, Eudora, The Bat! etc.) filtering and deleting unwanted junk e-mail messages on the server.

The program`s name is Spamgubernator, because it really controls all spam. With Spamgubernator you will never see any spam again, no matter how obtrusive!

We have designed a promotion offer : Spamgubernator for only 29.95$ (you save 20$ - standard price: 49.95$). Don't miss your chance, get your best program today!
no more advertisements that your kids should never see
no more junk e-mail messages
no more wasteing your time and money
no more viruses spam messages

You can read more on Spamgubernator here.

e-mail: info@spamgubernator.com

If you don't wish to receive future information from
spamgubernator.com, click this link here.

TraceyQ

Pinball

ok how best can we destroy this spammer? ;-)

Pinball

from whois.godaddy.com:
QuoteWHOIS Search Results for:  SPAMGUBERNATOR.COM

This domain is NOT Available

Enter another domain to check.
www.   .com.info.us.net.org.biz.ws.tv.cc.de.jp.be.at.co.uk.me.uk.org.uk.co.nz.net.nz.org.nz  

The data contained in Go Daddy Software, Inc.'s WHOIS database,while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.  Thisinformation is provided for the sole purpose of assisting youin obtaining information about domain name registration records.Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior writtenpermission of Go Daddy Software, Inc.  By submitting an inquiry,you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty.  In particular,you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for anypurpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising andand solicitations of any kind, including spam.  You further agreenot to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronicprocesses designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes. Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specifiedin the "registrant" field.  In most cases, Go Daddy Software, Inc. is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.Registrant:   Domains by Proxy, Inc.   15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160   PMB353   Scottsdale, Arizona 85260   United States   Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)   Domain Name: SPAMGUBERNATOR.COM      Created on: 28-Oct-03      Expires on: 28-Oct-04      Last Updated on: 16-Feb-04   Administrative Contact:      Private, Registration  SPAMGUBERNATOR.COM@domainsbyproxy.com      Domains by Proxy, Inc.      15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160      PMB353      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260      United States      (480) 624-2599   Technical Contact:      Private, Registration  SPAMGUBERNATOR.COM@domainsbyproxy.com      Domains by Proxy, Inc.      15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160      PMB353      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260      United States      (480) 624-2599   Domain servers in listed order:      DNS.AUTO-GIELDA.PL      NS2.VASTNET.CO.UK

Matthias

You need to find their ISP (possibly vastnet?) and report the spamming to them.

Or something.

Maybe.

MonkeyDrummer

it's like being raped by a rape counsellor

Pinball

I've forwarded the email + header to abuse@[everything I can find], including their ISP. Are there any good anti-spam sites that one can email spam emails to? I use "report spam" on webmail but that seems pretty useless.

Neil

Reporting them is a waste of your time, just install SpamBayes and train it up well.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Neil"Reporting them is a waste of your time, just install SpamBayes and train it up well.

hehe,  do they employ you or something?

I decided a couple of months ago to set up a website of drawing based on spam subject lines........one day i might just get around to it.