Author Topic: Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017)  (Read 4023 times)

Chollis

• Master of Codes
Re: Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
Yep this is great, fucking mental and so much fun. I love Bone Tomahawk too, any recommendations for films of a similar ilk? I still need to watch Dragged Across Concrete!

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2021, 12:45:50 PM »
Four years late to the party, finally watched it last night and enjoyed it, unique take on a prison setting, and one of those films that lived or died by its pace,(could argue this for all films of course)it just all slotted in the two hours nicely, gorgeous violence.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2021, 12:53:54 PM »
Four years late to the party, finally watched it last night and enjoyed it, unique take on a prison setting, and one of those films that lived or died by its pace,(could argue this for all films of course)it just all slotted in the two hours nicely, gorgeous violence.

I rewatched Bone Tomahawk on Friday night, funnily enough. I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it yet, on amazon prime currently 

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2021, 01:01:07 PM »
I've seen it, ableit can't remember too much, I have Dragged Across Concrete to watch, but I understand its not quite of the same calibre.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »
This was such a great, fun watch. Saw it a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it

Dragged Across Concrete is pretty decent, but I wouldn't go into it expecting more of this kind of thing. It's far more "in the real world" and straightforward

Bone Tomahawk is indeed another banger, so this director is definitely one to watch. His next one stars Vince Vaughn again, is a "fairy tale horror drama", and is called Hug Chickenpenny, which is an intriguing title!

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 02:48:14 PM »
Oh, have I not commented in this thread? Yeah, Brawl and Tomahawk are both aces, although Tomahawk's resolution is a bit abrupt and the director does a bad job of hiding the low budget. Not seen Concrete yet - I want to, but every time I look at the runtime, I think of something else to do instead.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• Your sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 06:16:42 PM »
I liked the bit where he kicked the man's head down the toilet.

Twit 2

• Help!
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2021, 12:51:29 AM »
I really like this film. It’s just so earnestly silly whilst also being horrible and nasty as fuck. I’m also a fan of films that take their time to build things up slowly and then go batshit by the end. I can cope with blood/gore but limbs being broken makes me cross my legs and some of the violence in this turned me into a gibbering wreck. It’s astonishingly unpleasant.

PlanktonSideburns

• let me play for you the song of my people
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
fuck me Hug Chickenpenny sounds bannanas, cant wait for that

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2021, 11:13:47 PM »
Watched Dragged Across Concrete, again very enjoyable, the director certainly has a style in the form of people die unexpectedly or to a point expedidly but not in the moment you expect. The next project does sound interesting with a more horror themed direction. Definitely a guy to keep following.

Tags: