Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The End of the Fucking ***** (compleat series on 4od)

Started by swordfish_bhoona, November 03, 2017, 02:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just watched this new on demand show in its entirety, which I'd imagine is the best way (8 episodes at a compact 20 minutes each means it equates to a 2hr odd movie)

Not strictly a comedy although there are a few laugh out loud moments...also in a slightly discernible period of time? I guess its meant to be set now but often looks like something out of the 70s or 80s

Really really good. Basically a meandering road trip by two emotionally damaged nihlistic teenagers on the run with a few twists and a couple of turns. That sort of black deadpan humor experienced in films like God Bless America and Sightseers (was a nice surprise to see Steve Oram show up, love that guy.) And also like those films a few extraordinary and melodramatic series of events that almost lend the story a hint of magical realism. Although mostly grounded in realism, its also not a story you want to scrutinize too much in terms of plausibility is what Im saying

Anyone ever read the book Fraction of the Whole? Also reminded me of that for the same kinds of reasons.

Definitely a familiar story; a couple are pushed to the limits of their shitty lives and let loose, and set out on a path of destructive but life-affirming behaviour. The boy one looked familiar and one episode in I realised it was "him what should have stuck a globule of blu tac on his webcam lens" out of Black Mirror. Theres a lot of incredibly good turns in this show, and a lot revealed about each person in a short space of time

Well worth a watch; in all its glory on 4od.

Icehaven

Are there any plans for this to be shown on terrestrial TV? A few people I know who don't have internet access saw the first one and are keen to see the rest.

Dr Syntax Head

I also watched this the other night in it's entirety. I thought I'd be turning it off after 10 minutes because y'know sweary teen narration stuff isn't my thing. It was quite dark and got more entertaining as it progressed. I thought it was brilliant. Loved the Irish dad.

Isnt Anything

Oh they're not showing the rest on normal TV? Well that's a fucker, guess I'll be deleting Episode 1 unwatched then. Silly arses.

Dr Syntax Head

It's there on 4 on demand or whatever they're calling it these days as part of a theme including that fat diary program and Misfits. Well it was about 3 days ago when I watched it. Fucking ad breaks though! Jeez. Still, gives me something to complain about in the CaB men thread.

Edit. I just noticed it says it's on 4od right there in the thread title. I'm going to clean my teeth.

Icehaven

I know it's a different channel but even after BBC3 went online only I think they showed People Just Do Nothing in the wee hours on BBC2 shortly after it'd been available online.

Isnt Anything

Yeah but fuck 4od. I don't pay virgin 90 quid a month to sit through ads.

Isnt Anything

Isnt Anything

Ok clearly this is a bad night for me pls ignore

still not going to put up with 4od though

Dr Syntax Head

I always use ad time to check Facebook to see if my life has been given any validation. Usually not.

up_the_hampipe

The first episode is a really interesting and funny opener. I'm intrigued to see how this sustains an entire series. Alyssa is quite brilliant.