Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Setting off fireworks any day other than Nov 5th

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2017, 08:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Surgery

Fireworks started up yet again a few streets down about half an hour ago, and - oops! - yep, the fire brigade have had to come out.

Why is this shit considered to be acceptable?

If I punched a dog I know I'd never hear the end of it, but literally blowing things up and setting peoples houses on fire is just fine.

I honestly feel like I've been (sadistically) beamed down from another dimension sometimes.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Rocket Surgery on November 18, 2017, 06:14:54 PManother dimension sometimes.

For anyone who hasn't had this ruined by hearing 'I'm having a big shit' when it should (apparently!) be 'another dimension', have another listen but only if you want it trashed.  Forever.

Sorry about the fireworks.  Quite shocking actually, haven't heard any since Nov 4th.  There weren't any on the 5th.  State of it.

bgmnts

Quite a few round my way too. Pointless bellends.

Some going off right now. Surely it's for a Hindu wedding or something by this time?

Paul Calf

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 18, 2017, 06:22:53 PM
For anyone who hasn't had this ruined by hearing 'I'm having a big shit' when it should (apparently!) be 'another dimension', have another listen but only if you want it trashed.  Forever.

That's lovely, but "I have an erection" is my preferred alternative lyric. You don't need to have a penis to find that hilarious.

Try it. Such a great tune.

kalowski

Yes!! They're popping away overhead round are way. At least a week of fireworks I reckon, hopefully more. After all, everyone loves a loud, intrusive, repetitive bang whilst watching telly, don't they?

bgmnts

Quote from: kalowski on October 31, 2019, 09:37:41 PM
After all, everyone loves a loud, intrusive, repetitive bang whilst watching telly, don't they?

Probably the reason most of us are here to be honest.

kalowski

kalowski

I know it is Guy Fawkes Night, but fireworks have been echoing down my road non-stop for the past three hours.

NoSleep

Don't worry; I'm sure they saved some for tomorrow night.

alan nagsworth

My cats are completely not arsed whatsoever about fireworks. It's raining as well, and despite me calling them in, they fucked off back out and are off somewhere probably doing nos balloons or booting footballs at greenhouses or whatever it is they do, fuck knows. They grow up so fast.

kalowski

Quote from: kalowski on November 05, 2019, 08:16:52 PM
I know it is Guy Fawkes Night, but fireworks have been echoing down my road non-stop for the past three hours.
Still going.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kalowski on October 31, 2019, 09:37:41 PM
everyone loves a loud, intrusive, repetitive bang whilst watching telly, don't they?

Me and your mum certainly do.

My cat is still out, my other cat is crying for her pressed against the door. If anything happens, I'm gonna go round feeding lit fireworks to the local scrotes.

BlodwynPig

I think its on the ebb. Who can be arsed with this these days?

Icehaven

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 05, 2019, 09:26:23 PM
My cat is still out, my other cat is crying for her pressed against the door.

Oh puss! :( Go and get the other out one now, whatever it takes.

I've been calling her for hours and walked around the block calling her. She could go anywhere, there's loads of parks and fields and barns and stuff. She did the same thing last Y. She'll just camp out til it stops and then make her way. If she doesn't, as I say, I will summon hell.

king_tubby

Bizarrely, our two don't give a monkey's. Amber I can understand - she's a street rat from the streets, ugly as fuck and twice as nails, but Steve Albini is soft as shite, scarpers if you even look in his direction when eating his tea. Both are sat here with me with no fucks given, as the Tet offensive cosplay goes on outside.

king_tubby

She came in but I hung, drew and quartered a scally anyway because I'd kind of talked myself into it already. Mad how you just get an idea in your head!

king_tubby

Steve's gone out again, for the fourth time. Basically because there is no more kibble left and someone may have dropped a takeaway nearby.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: NoSleep on November 05, 2019, 08:37:52 PM
Don't worry; I'm sure they saved some for tomorrow night.

And there's still plentyof time to restock for the weekend.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Indifferent to fireworks, love firework displays and don't understand why anyone wouldn't. I mean it's lots of young sexy easy on the eye people all congregated in one place, you can drink booze in the park without being regarded as a degenerate, and there's a great big twatting fire in the middle of it all, literally what is the downside?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

It is absolutely sweet as fuck. I even turn up to the fireworks at the park during other times of the year when the fireworks literally consist of a tramp setting fire to some cardboard.

Icehaven

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 05, 2019, 09:58:40 PM
She came in but I hung, drew and quartered a scally anyway because I'd kind of talked myself into it already. Mad how you just get an idea in your head!

Phew. Feed the scally to the pusses.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Replies From View on November 03, 2017, 09:30:09 PM
I'm considering inventing a device that makes fireworks only audible to the people who have paid for them.

That's a great idea. Each firework could come with a pair of headphones, which have an extra long lead. When the firework explodes, the bang is inaudible from the ground, but it is picked up by a tiny microphone attached to the body of the rocket and transmitted through the headphones to the lightee. A bonus would be that the purchaser could set the volume of the exploding firework to exactly the level that pleases them most (irritating pop, anxiety-provoking boom, horrific screeching sound etc)

SteveDave

We went to a big display in Southwark yesterday to show the boy the wonder of explosions. He was more excited by the cheap plastic light up sword we bought for him on the way in. He spent most of the time challenging other children with the same light sabre to a duel. Great days.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Ray Travez on November 06, 2019, 06:50:24 AM
That's a great idea. Each firework could come with a pair of headphones, which have an extra long lead. When the firework explodes, the bang is inaudible from the ground, but it is picked up by a tiny microphone attached to the body of the rocket and transmitted through the headphones to the lightee. A bonus would be that the purchaser could set the volume of the exploding firework to exactly the level that pleases them most (irritating pop, anxiety-provoking boom, horrific screeching sound etc)

Or people could just get the fuck over themselves.