Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on November 08, 2017, 04:54:44 PM
I check every year to see if Bakersfield P.D. has been released on DVD but naw. Cop comedy with Brian Doyle-Murray and Giancarlo Esposito. Thought it was fantastic when I was 14/15. Subtle humour and no laugh track.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakersfield_P.D.
It's no full on DVD release, but it's all on Youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGuyguy07

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 22, 2018, 12:11:23 AM
It's no full on DVD release, but it's all on Youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGuyguy07

Unfortunately he only has six episodes, and there were 17 made in total, and whilst there's a link for all of them on BTDB no one's seeding it right now. It's days like these that I really miss TvTorrents.com, that tended to have shows like this.

Famous Mortimer

I was thinking like a Brit, with 6 episodes being yer lot :(

mojo filters

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 22, 2018, 12:36:28 AM
I was thinking like a Brit, with 6 episodes being yer lot :(

The American TV commissioning market could do with such thinking...not every TV property has a Larry David/Chris Carter/Joss Whedon/Aaron Sorkin/David Chase/David Simon+Ed Burns behind it to provide deserved longevity, sadly...

To be fair the Canadians can sometimes get it right - Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace was a criminally underrated masterpiece of translating an amazing book to the screen.

Last year I was heartened listening to Sarah D. Bunting and Tara Ariano (founders of TWOP) critiquing via podcast Dick Wolf's Law & Order take on the Menendez brothers case - making the case for reducing the number of episodes to what they termed as a highly respectable "tight British six"!

Famous Mortimer

After my local bar decided to show Darkplace this eve, I had a hankering for seeing either of the Garth Marenghi state shows. Anyone know if either of them were ever recorded?

George White

madhair60

I still want to see "Brian Conley's Crazy Christmas" again. Was obsessed with it as a child.

For me a Holy Grail is Lenny Henry: In Dreams . Theres a short tailer for it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fnU35nbmd8
That all I could find.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 23, 2018, 04:56:16 AM
After my local bar decided to show Darkplace this eve, I had a hankering for seeing either of the Garth Marenghi state shows. Anyone know if either of them were ever recorded?
That word was "stage".

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 24, 2018, 03:17:27 AM
That word was "stage".

I looked on myspleen (the only private tv site I'm currently a member of) and it's not there unfortunately.

Famous Mortimer

I doubt they were ever even recorded at a level above "bloke in back of theatre with camera", as I've never heard even a whisper of their availability. Just a pipe dream after being sat with a bunch of strangers in a bar who all loved Darkplace. I did discover that Matt Holness has just directed a horror movie, so I'm going to give that a go as soon as it's on general release.

Junglist

Quote from: magval on October 21, 2018, 09:13:17 PM
Hello all. Anyone have a good link to DVD-rip quality episodes of Norm Macdonald's sitcom The Norm Show/Norm?

There's a great (massive) torrent out there with a rake of Norm stuff in it but the sitcom episodes are divided between DVD rips and awful ancient TV rips.

The DVD is region-locked and long, long out of print so I don't feel like I'm ripping the great man off by asking.

Cheers.

Three seasons?

If so can get h.264 dvdrips

Junglist

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on December 06, 2017, 12:23:16 PM
I might have already asked but does anyone have the last episode of TV Offal?

Late but I can get this too, guessing its six episodes, one series?

neveragain

There were seven episodes in all (including the pilot).

magval

Small Man Big Horse

All of them are up on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEdzVQw5tMcbaOQYoyLeCfPVaIUVQl_T

Edit: Bugger, episode 6 has been blocked due to Barry Manilow. I think I have it on my external hard drive though, I'll check tomorrow and report back.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Junglist on October 25, 2018, 01:15:15 AM
Late but I can get this too, guessing its six episodes, one series?

I've found the sixth episode and just uploaded it to Zippyshare, if anyone wants it just pm me.

Small Man Big Horse

Does anyone have Sky Shorts: Joseph Morpurgo's Christmas? I'd love to see it as he's my favourite comedian, it's up on the pirate bay but frustratingly not seeded.

George White

I see the Fuzz is on ioffer for 20 quid, but dubious to its qualiry. Always wanted to see it, weirdly have no memory of it despite childhood adoration of D'Unbelievables

Small Man Big Horse

Bit of an outside bet but does anyone have any of Mackenzie Crook and Iain Lee's sketch show? I know bits were uploaded to youtube but got taken down ages ago.

typeforty

My personal holy grail would be Terrorville, which aired on Play UK and featured Big and Daft (including Rob Rouse and Ian Boldsworth) and I think Count Arthur Strong...

McQ

I really want to own a copy of People Time!

Or own it again, rather. I had it for a while, through the BBC Shop, but you could only stream it, and then the BBC Shop closed down and they gave me a refund of a couple of quid, but took away the show. It was a pilot for BBC Three starring Jamie Demetriou, Natasia Demetriou, Daran Johnson, Claudia O'Doherty, Alastair Roberts, Ellie White, and Liam Williams. Seems mad that they didn't make it into a series to me.

The Giggling Bean

I've mentioned this in a couple of threads before but I really want to see the episodic versions of the Viz cartoons from the 90s. They ran shorter episodes of Billy The Fish with an alternative opening title sequence under the name "The Further Adventures of Billy The Fish".

That title sequence was cut off the VHS release and I haven't seen it since 2007 when it was, briefly, on YouTube. I even asked the animator/director if he had a copy of the episodic version...alas he didn't.

The Giggling Bean

I'd also like to get back copies of Simon Munnerys "FuturTv" from UK play. I had a whole VHS full which I lent to a friend, back in the day, and never got it back. I don't see him any more either.

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Giggling Bean on December 19, 2018, 10:10:59 AM
I've mentioned this in a couple of threads before but I really want to see the episodic versions of the Viz cartoons from the 90s. They ran shorter episodes of Billy The Fish with an alternative opening title sequence under the name "The Further Adventures of Billy The Fish".

That title sequence was cut off the VHS release and I haven't seen it since 2007 when it was, briefly, on YouTube. I even asked the animator/director if he had a copy of the episodic version...alas he didn't.

I've got the DVD of that (and Roger Mellie), but it's done as a single feature.

Brundle-Fly

The 1981 comedy film, Fat Angels AKA Fat Chance. Saw it on Channel 4 in the 1990/91? and thought it was pretty funny in that sassy NY style.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080721/

There is a 1981 doc about a morbidly obese man dieting on YouTube. It isn't that.

The Giggling Bean

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 19, 2018, 10:58:14 AM
I've got the DVD of that (and Roger Mellie), but it's done as a single feature.

Thank you very much for confirming that for me. I suspected it would have just been a straight transfer from VHS. Unfortunately, if the director didn't have a copy, I highly doubt I'll see that title sequence again. I'm still holding hope that the new TV Ark site might have it though.

Small Man Big Horse

Afraid I can't find any of the above on myspleen and cinemageddon unfortunately.

Jerzy Bondov

Having a sort through my DVDs and it occurred to me to ask, does the Bellamy's People DVD have all of the red button content from the original broadcast? TVDB suggests there were 8 'making ofs' but the DVD only has 3. Are they multiple ones edited together, or am I missing some bits? If so, anybody got em?