Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Jack and Jeremy's Real Lives, a show with Jack Dee and Jeremy Hardy

Gulftastic

A clip about The New Statesman, showing Rik Mayall closing a window. Before hand, he had said 'I can get three laughs out of that', and the bugger did. Can't remember what show it was on.

Mornington Oblong

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 13, 2019, 04:06:40 AM
Jack and Jeremy's Real Lives, a show with Jack Dee and Jeremy Hardy

Your wish is my command...
Started digging out old VHS and ripping them. Hopefully YouTube won't notice.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdkpXFuOosvPCUAnqBJUCng

Will add to it when I can. The quality of these old tapes is somewhat variable however.

The Clunk Archive

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks hugely for that, I've also wanted to see it for ages and so am downloading them now.

Just so you know The Pall-Bearers Revue probably will be taken down very soon though, Sadowitz is notorious for keeping an eye on youtube and getting anything he's done removed.

Captain Z

Only reason I joined this forum was to track down episodes of daft 10-minute quiz show Z For Fake from BBC2 circa-2001-2002. Would be amazed if anyone has any?

zomgmouse

Quote from: Mornington Oblong on March 18, 2019, 09:13:09 PM

Will add to it when I can. The quality of these old tapes is somewhat variable however.

The Clunk Archive

Ooh, many thanks!

Mornington Oblong

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 18, 2019, 09:49:15 PM
Thanks hugely for that, I've also wanted to see it for ages and so am downloading them now.

Just so you know The Pall-Bearers Revue probably will be taken down very soon though, Sadowitz is notorious for keeping an eye on youtube and getting anything he's done removed.

Well get it while you can I guess. Is he really that bothered by the sharing of some of his old material from over 20 years ago? Certainly not going to lose any money over it. I would kind of feel honored if he took any notice of a nobody like me just sharing a few videos among a few comedy geeks.
Anyhow will continue digging the good and weird out of the archive, though it does seem that YouTube by now really has got just aboutneverything covered that I thought was rare.
The Clunk Archive.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mornington Oblong on March 19, 2019, 09:31:03 PM
Well get it while you can I guess. Is he really that bothered by the sharing of some of his old material from over 20 years ago? Certainly not going to lose any money over it. I would kind of feel honored if he took any notice of a nobody like me just sharing a few videos among a few comedy geeks.
Anyhow will continue digging the good and weird out of the archive, though it does seem that YouTube by now really has got just aboutneverything covered that I thought was rare.
The Clunk Archive.

It's really odd but yeah, he's enormously protective over everything he's done and has taken things down in the past somewhat mercilessly, which is weird given the fact that it is so old and it's not material he does anymore. Your efforts are really appreciated though, I'd not seen those Comic Asides episodes before and am looking forward to giving them a shot, along with It Happens Next Year which I'd never even heard of but looks fun.

Mornington Oblong

Well, nice while it lasted I guess...two weeks and the magical YouTube copyright fairy has found me and Sadowitz has exacted his revenge. Everything else seems to be managing to remain...well for now. So does that mean any further copyright problems and the YouTube police come down on me like a tonne of bricks and I become a digital fugitive?
New to this uploading lark and seeing the millions of videos of obvious copyright infringing material racking up the thousands of views without apparent problems make me wonder if the mythical algorithms aren't as clever as they make out.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mornington Oblong on March 29, 2019, 10:12:17 PM
Well, nice while it lasted I guess...two weeks and the magical YouTube copyright fairy has found me and Sadowitz has exacted his revenge. Everything else seems to be managing to remain...well for now. So does that mean any further copyright problems and the YouTube police come down on me like a tonne of bricks and I become a digital fugitive?
New to this uploading lark and seeing the millions of videos of obvious copyright infringing material racking up the thousands of views without apparent problems make me wonder if the mythical algorithms aren't as clever as they make out.

It depends on the copyright holder, some people don't care / don't even know and there's a lot of great stuff out there, but if something suddenly gets a dvd release then it'll disappear - I hosted some short clips of my uncle's sitcom and then Network released it on dvd and even though they were about 2 minutes per episode they were removed and my youtube channel got shut down. Of course all you need to do is start up a new one and just not upload any problematic content, but it's a bit of an arse if you've a lot of stuff already up there.

Phil_A

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 29, 2019, 11:07:47 PM
It depends on the copyright holder, some people don't care / don't even know and there's a lot of great stuff out there, but if something suddenly gets a dvd release then it'll disappear - I hosted some short clips of my uncle's sitcom and then Network released it on dvd and even though they were about 2 minutes per episode they were removed and my youtube channel got shut down. Of course all you need to do is start up a new one and just not upload any problematic content, but it's a bit of an arse if you've a lot of stuff already up there.

Network are complete pricks for that. I got a copyright strike for something I'd uploaded, I'm not kidding, ten years ago.

petril

take it there's till no sign of Jim Tavaré floating about anywhere. would love to find out the actual french lyrics to the theme since it's been so long

zomgmouse

Quote from: Mornington Oblong on March 18, 2019, 09:13:09 PM

The Clunk Archive

Wonder if you have a way to send J&J somehow? The YouTube is very appreciated but I do enjoy having the files themselves as well... all good if not, of course!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 28, 2019, 03:02:35 PM
Wonder if you have a way to send J&J somehow? The YouTube is very appreciated but I do enjoy having the files themselves as well... all good if not, of course!

I downloaded them using yout.com - but if you have issues with the site I can upload them somewhere.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 28, 2019, 03:07:08 PM
I downloaded them using yout.com - but if you have issues with the site I can upload them somewhere.
I'll give this a go, thank you!

zomgmouse

Update: this has worked, thanks SMBH! However it looks like Episode 2 is missing from that - any idea where I can get that or if it had been deleted or something?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 29, 2019, 09:12:38 AM
Update: this has worked, thanks SMBH! However it looks like Episode 2 is missing from that - any idea where I can get that or if it had been deleted or something?

I'm missing that too so I don't think it was ever uploaded unfortunately, and I've yet to find it elsewhere.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 29, 2019, 10:54:46 AM
I'm missing that too so I don't think it was ever uploaded unfortunately, and I've yet to find it elsewhere.

Ah, this is a shame. I wonder if Mornington Oblong has this? I might wait a bit and see if they read the thread and if not I'll try a PM.

While we're here does anyone know where I could get Oh in Colour by Spike Milligan?

jenna appleseed

Quote from: olliebean on December 06, 2017, 05:37:16 PM
No leads on The Gist, then? I'm sure someone said ages ago on this forum that they had it, but nothing came of it. I thought maybe they'd forgotten but still have it in their stash.

arrrgh, found the tape yesterday that might've had that on it, but it was mouldy (remembered thi thread and meant to hang on to it but got acidentally binned with the rest). Content notes only mentioned two of the programmes earlier that night from the bbc4 on bbc2 opening night simulcast thing so probably never had it any way.

btw. any one remember what the fuck Net Aid was (on the same tape as an off air as Python Night according to the label) & if there's any point keeping a mouldy tape of it quarantined til I can get a tape to dvd thing & sacrifice the not quite dead yet vcr?

eta: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetAid
I have no memory of this at all. (except that it was some kind of benefit concert/event and there was next to fuck all info on it online last time I tried to google it).

jenna appleseed

fake edit:  google found an old thread, https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=6202.0

apparently The Gist got repeated in 2004 & was on UKnova.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: jenna appleseed on May 18, 2019, 12:06:38 AM
arrrgh, found the tape yesterday that might've had that on it, but it was mouldy (remembered thi thread and meant to hang on to it but got acidentally binned with the rest). Content notes only mentioned two of the programmes earlier that night from the bbc4 on bbc2 opening night simulcast thing so probably never had it any way.

don't want to prick tease but just tried to double check a detail but can't find the notes in the box of salvaged tapes etc. so tape pos might be not quite binned & in a box waiting to be photographed.

Mornington Oblong

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 30, 2019, 08:17:52 AM
Ah, this is a shame. I wonder if Mornington Oblong has this? I might wait a bit and see if they read the thread and if not I'll try a PM.

While we're here does anyone know where I could get Oh in Colour by Spike Milligan?

I'm back and after a long search it appears that episode 2 of 'Jack & Jeremy's Real Lives' is either one that I didn't record or I did and it has disappeared into the local council archive (tip) when I moved a few years ago.
So to make up for this heinous crime  I've started going though a box of old audio cassettes and digging out the rarer (not already out in circulation) stuff and converting it into an audio visual format to upload. Starting with a seemingly never repeated (but probably has on BBC7 / 4Extra at some point) series from Jon Holmes and Andy Hurst 'Grievous Bodily Radio'. More to follow... enjoy comedy geeks!

The Clunk Archive

chveik

does anyone have links for the season 3 of Eagleheart? that would very much appreciated.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on September 04, 2019, 05:53:41 PM
does anyone have links for the season 3 of Eagleheart? that would very much appreciated.

I do, I'll dig it out later and upload it somewhere.

chveik

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on September 04, 2019, 05:53:41 PM

I've just sent you the links now, and if anyone else wants it, just pm me.

jsgibble

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 23, 2018, 04:56:16 AM
After my local bar decided to show Darkplace this eve, I had a hankering for seeing either of the Garth Marenghi state shows. Anyone know if either of them were ever recorded?

Netherhead was if that's what you mean

Famous Mortimer