Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

I've got two, if anyone can help.

Our Friend Victoria, the BBC's Victoria Wood tribute series.

And the latest Rhys Thomas Year in the Life of a Year.

Small Man Big Horse

I've love to be able to track down episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 of Action, the Jay Mohr Hollywood satire, the others are on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/kalvenault/videos but I can't find the ones I listed anywhere.

McChesney Duntz

Well, I have the (uncensored, which actually kills a couple of jokes, but never mind) full-series DVD of Action that came out a decade or so ago - if I can figure out how to rip and upload the episodes, I'd be happy to do so.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on June 21, 2020, 03:58:39 PM
Well, I have the (uncensored, which actually kills a couple of jokes, but never mind) full-series DVD of Action that came out a decade or so ago - if I can figure out how to rip and upload the episodes, I'd be happy to do so.

It'd be hugely appreciated if you could, though I've no idea how to rip episodes from dvds these days alas.

Edit: I didn't realise it had been given a dvd release but I've spotted that it's only £2.54 on ebay (including P&P!) so just bought it, thanks for the offer though.

McChesney Duntz

Cool. I was just rewatching the whole thing a couple weeks ago - holds up rather well (probably because it felt a bit ahead of its time in '99 - it'd be an FXX show now and probably a successful one at that), and it's even a little prescient (given the mogul characters in the last episode and what they get up to). Much to like.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on June 21, 2020, 05:50:57 PM
Cool. I was just rewatching the whole thing a couple weeks ago - holds up rather well (probably because it felt a bit ahead of its time in '99 - it'd be an FXX show now and probably a successful one at that), and it's even a little prescient (given the mogul characters in the last episode and what they get up to). Much to like.

I watched the third episode last night on youtube and liked it a lot, I have a feeling some aspects might have dated / be slightly problematic, the way Ileana Douglas's character happily promises to perform sex acts on a writer if he finishes a script was a little dodgy for instance, but you could also suggest it's just realistic and reflects just how ugly Hollywood was / is.

Famous Mortimer

In one of these threads, the Chris Barrie show "Pushing Up Daisies" was mentioned. Well, that's still lost to time, as best as I can tell, but "Coming Next", the show he did with Hale and Pace the next year, is all up on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPtLQeDOc0

It took me a good while to remember who the subject of his first impression was (it was a very good impression, natch).

zomgmouse

Does anyone have Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking by any chance?

Small Man Big Horse

j_u_d_a_s

Realise this is a looooong shot but I'm looking for the 1995 series Comedy Firsts which was a bunch of pilots put out by ITV, specifically the pilot of Sometime, Never, an obscure sitcom that went out around 1996 (looks like this - https://youtu.be/ygfKIc2L6Yc) Have the whole series now but really would love to see the pilot.

Another obscurity, Get Real that went out around 1998 starring Lindsay Duncan. Not even been able to find a clip online.

zomgmouse

Retinend

I'm searching for Neil Hamburger or Peter Cook stuff at the mo'. Hopefully I can offer something good in return. Please PM me.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Retinend on June 29, 2020, 07:09:21 AM
I'm searching for Neil Hamburger or Peter Cook stuff at the mo'. Hopefully I can offer something good in return. Please PM me.

Probably something you've seen as it's available online, but just in case you weren't aware of it, his pilot for The New Big Ball With Neil Hamburger is here - https://archive.org/details/youtube-r0P_u5cEg6w

Retinend

jsgibble

Out of morbid curiosity, does anyone have the derided 1988 sketch show Thompson?

zomgmouse

Quote from: jsgibble on June 30, 2020, 05:04:59 AM
Out of morbid curiosity, does anyone have the derided 1988 sketch show Thompson?

As in Emma Thompson? I've got a copy. Can PM you.

zomgmouse

Don't suppose anyone has the Australian comedy film Garbo from 1992?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 30, 2020, 09:47:09 AM
Don't suppose anyone has the Australian comedy film Garbo from 1992?
Sat with no seeders on the place I normally visit, but hopefully someone who still has it will wander along soon and I'll have it downloaded for you.

madhair60

Quote from: madhair60 on October 23, 2018, 11:07:05 AM
I still want to see "Brian Conley's Crazy Christmas" again. Was obsessed with it as a child.

Actually fucking desperate to see this now. It was on Youtube in 2012 and somehow I missed it.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 30, 2020, 07:11:14 PM
Sat with no seeders on the place I normally visit, but hopefully someone who still has it will wander along soon and I'll have it downloaded for you.

Crossing fingers! Thank you.

Percy Dovetonsils

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 30, 2020, 07:11:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZdd_xfGBY

Further to this, how about their VHS featuring their odd short film The Cleaning? I used to have it, I wish I had digitised it. There's not even much info online about it!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Percy Dovetonsils on July 03, 2020, 02:41:45 PM

Further to this, how about their VHS featuring their odd short film The Cleaning? I used to have it, I wish I had digitised it. There's not even much info online about it!
Good work that CaBber! I remember from a Tony Martin podcast that there's at least one person who's attempting to upload every rare Australian movie onto Youtube, so if there's anything you're searching for, that might be a good place to start.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Percy Dovetonsils on July 03, 2020, 02:41:45 PM

!!!!!!!! hell yeah thanks for this!
Ditto with audio stuff, I know there's been at least one record out but I can't find any (except one song on a compilation of other Australian comedy songs). I've only checked slsk though.

zomgmouse

Thought I had all of Stella Street but looks like I can't find S4&5 - any leads?
(it's out on dailymotion and the like but it would be nice to have my own copy)

edwardfog

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Richard Gadd's Monkey See Monkey Do. It was filmed and broadcast on Comedy Central at one point but seems to have disappeared now

Famous Mortimer

I just read about a show from 1986 called "The Canned Film Festival", a sort of proto-MST3K (sponsored by Dr Pepper) starring Laraine Newman as an usher at a movie theater that showed bad old movies - they'd do skits in between segments of the movies, rather than having a constant commentary running. Seems pretty unavailable everywhere, but if anyone has it from an old download or something, I'd love to see it.

McChesney Duntz

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on October 03, 2020, 04:04:31 PM
Here's an episode without the movie segments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlvnO3GHus
Cheers! It's piqued my interest enough to at least try and track the rest of them down.

Not really comedy (or worth tracking down) but does anyone remember the late-night movie hosts Sky used to have? I remember a lady in a very tight dress and a Dracula-type of fellow...

EDIT: never mind, it was the Deadly Earnest Horror Show.

neveragain

Could anyone help me with the last two episodes of Series Two of Alexei Sayle's Stuff? I had the DVDs of all 3 series long ago but must have got rid of them. I remember just not clicking with the material. Only recently I've had the pleasure of rediscovering it on Youtube, and it's a terrific show. Sayle's stand-up and songs are the weakest part but the crazy parodic sketches and Pythonesque episode structures from Andrew Marshall and David Renwick are sublime. Alas those two episodes aren't online and would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks and little hope.

By way of reward I will announce all of Victor Lewis Smith's Ads Infinitum are up on that aforementioned video website.