Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: neveragain on October 03, 2020, 08:25:20 PM
Could anyone help me with the last two episodes of Series Two of Alexei Sayle's Stuff? I had the DVDs of all 3 series long ago but must have got rid of them. I remember just not clicking with the material. Only recently I've had the pleasure of rediscovering it on Youtube, and it's a terrific show. Sayle's stand-up and songs are the weakest part but the crazy parodic sketches and Pythonesque episode structures from Andrew Marshall and David Renwick are sublime. Alas those two episodes aren't online and would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks and little hope.

By way of reward I will announce all of Victor Lewis Smith's Ads Infinitum are up on that aforementioned video website.
I can, give me a bit and I'll send you a PM.

neveragain

paruses

Does anyone remember a French and Saunders sketch with two horrible ex-pat wives talking over drinks about where they've lived / are living ? Features such lines as "what's the ones with the funny hats?" (Sikhs) and not giving money to beggars because "I know what your dad's done to your legs".

I only ever saw it once and my last searchword attempt to find it failed but I would love to watch it again to see if it's as grotesque and funny as I remember.

Famous Mortimer

I found a number of videos by searching "French Saunders expat wives", but I never particularly cared for them so I'm not going to check to see if any of them are the specific sketch you're looking for. But that should at least give you a start.

paruses

Amazingly I may only have used the phrase "expat wives" in my post. All other attempts have been details of the sketch I half remember. Amazing.

Anyhow - thanks. Just looked and will check them later.

Junglist

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 30, 2020, 07:15:12 PM
They're sort of up on youtube, but annoyingly they've zoomed in on the picture so you can only see some of it and not all of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPpiBLfmwwE - if anyone does have the series in it's proper aspect ratio I'd love to see it too as I adore the movie, saw a couple of the tv show episodes, but then never got round to watching the rest.

Edit: There's a couple of other episodes which look a bit better, and don't have that annoying zoomed in element, but the quality's still not that great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6hYIedFtY / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7q42IZO8g&t

Very late on this but is it 20 episodes?

If so yes I can get. SD webrip.

Edit: A Town Called Panic was the original query.

BeardFaceMan

Anyone have the 2016 A Year In The Life Of A Year handy?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 06, 2020, 04:49:09 PM
Anyone have the 2016 A Year In The Life Of A Year handy?
https://vimeo.com/268808189

Rhys Thomas appears to have uploaded it himself, but it says "best of 2016/17". So, dunno.

tinner777

Radio Timperley
A shot in the dark here but here goes..
I had a torrent of all Franks Radio Timperley stuff which I lost when my hard drive blew. Basically him chatting, playing the smiths and a few guests, Would any of you have a copy anywhere?

jsgibble

Does anyone have any 320 kbps copies of Down The Line or Nurse?

BeardFaceMan

They're broadcast in 128kbs, aren't they? I think they're the copies most people will have.

jsgibble

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 04, 2020, 02:01:05 PM
They're broadcast in 128kbs, aren't they? I think they're the copies most people will have.

Think so, yeah. I just wondered if anyone had downloaded them from iPlayer at one point or something.

magval

BeardFaceMan

I'd be very suprised if anyone would bother encoding a talk show at 320kbs, there no need for it. They'd be at 128kbs on iPlayer too, I should imagine.

JesusAndYourBush

Iplayer has had 320kbps streams for a few years now.

Of course sometimes if something has previously been broadcast in the days when it was only 128kbps they might not have been arsed to go back and make a 320kbps copy (so you'll get 128 re-encoded to 320), and if you care about that kind of stuff you'll need to check everything spectrally as sometimes a series will be composed mainly of 320 shows but with the odd one that's 128 re-encoded to 320.

A shame it's all brickwalled to fuckery.

JamesTC

Was thinking while on a run today about this thread and was reminded of a show my Dad told me about from years ago with Johnny Vegas about an evening pottery class. I searched for it for ages a year or two back and couldn't find it anywhere. Was about to post here asking if anybody had it but then I did a quick search on Fourble just in case and it was only ruddy there. God that site is brilliant.

The show is called Night Class by the way.

George White

Anyone have any eps of The World According to Smith and Jones?

BeardFaceMan

BeardFaceMan

I came across a website recently where you type in the name of a person and it gives you a list of all their podcast appearances, can't remember what it was called though, anyone know what I'm on about?

Jittlebags

Talking about Smith and Jones, Small Doses seems to be quite obscure. The only one I've seen is The Boat People, which I loved, with Smith blaming his absent wife Janet for everything that goes wrong on the boat. The Waiting Room appears to be up on Youtube, so I might give that a go later.

Malcy

TVC has Small Doses. 4 of them. Directed, Second Thoughts, The Boat People & The Whole Hog.

up_the_hampipe

Does anyone know where I can see Will Arnett guest hosting The Late Late Show in 2015? It was really silly and hilarious, parodying a late night talk show ON a late night talk show. It seems to have vanished though. SOS!

zomgmouse

Any chance of someone passing along S2 of Grandma's House? S1 is widely available but S2 no such luck

lebowskibukowski

Any idea where I can find old episodes of the Frank Skinner Show? I went to the recording of one which had Max Bygraves guesting and would like to see if it is available anywhere...

Gulftastic

Does anyone know where on youtube or dailymotion I can find the Fast Show sketch with Charlie Higson changing a lightbulb?

Mobius

Hi lads,

Does anyone know where I can listen to Down The Line. I don't live in England so iPlayer doesn't work.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Mobius on March 18, 2021, 09:43:29 PM
Hi lads,

Does anyone know where I can listen to Down The Line. I don't live in England so iPlayer doesn't work.

Not sure about linking here but google 'down the line archive.org'.