Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 10, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
I've uploaded a few BBC things to YouTube lately and they keep getting taken down because of copyright claims by LDS. Who are LDS?
do dailymotion / vimeo

olliebean

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 10, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
I've uploaded a few BBC things to YouTube lately and they keep getting taken down because of copyright claims by LDS. Who are LDS?

Mormons? (LDS = Latter Day Saints)

poodlefaker

More Vic n Bob - episodes of Knock Down Ginger, the game show they did for Jonathan Ross with Paul Whitehouse etc.

neveragain

Quote from: olliebean on December 06, 2017, 05:37:16 PM
No leads on The Gist, then? I'm sure someone said ages ago on this forum that they had it, but nothing came of it. I thought maybe they'd forgotten but still have it in their stash.

That was me. I had it on VHS with the Tony Ferrino interview show (which is now up on dailymotion from somebody else)... but then the tape got eaten by a particularly old and grouchy video player.

olliebean

Quote from: neveragain on December 11, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
That was me. I had it on VHS with the Tony Ferrino interview show (which is now up on dailymotion from somebody else)... but then the tape got eaten by a particularly old and grouchy video player.

Ah well, thanks for the thought anyway.

DrGreggles

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 11, 2017, 12:32:39 PM
More Vic n Bob - episodes of Knock Down Ginger, the game show they did for Jonathan Ross with Paul Whitehouse etc.

My first exposure to Vic & Bob that.

I have a clear recollection of Bob, dressed as Ken Dodd, in huge platform shoes, falling over.

JoeyBananaduck

Any episodes of Eurotrash that aren't series 1 or the recent special. I suspect lots of people have copies but of course can't put them on YouTube because of the nudity.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on December 15, 2017, 08:54:24 AM
Any episodes of Eurotrash that aren't series 1 or the recent special. I suspect lots of people have copies but of course can't put them on YouTube because of the nudity.
I have "Song For Eurotrash" (and the CD, somewhere) but I'd love to watch the rest of the shows again. I do miss the dubbing people giving those European models really common Yorkshire accents and such.

I know it won't work for everyone, but I've had luck in the past with finding things by just emailing people involved and asking nicely (provided they aren't megastars these days). I found a bunch of episodes of "Up Yer News" (the BSB show that Chris Morris did some stuff for) as detailed here many years ago: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=20613.0 - and "The Bootleg Broadway Show", which was only shown on one of the regional ITV networks, here - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=43616.0.

islandboy

Malcy

Apart from the one episode on Youtube, has anyone ever seen The Morwenna Banks Show anywhere?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Malcy on February 26, 2018, 09:46:07 PM
Apart from the one episode on Youtube, has anyone ever seen The Morwenna Banks Show anywhere?

That one has been eluding me for years. I didnt give it much of a chance at the time. Ditto Dochertys chat show, just because I'm not a fan of that format. Does much of the chat show exist anywhere (Dochertys bits rather than the interviews)?

Malcy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 27, 2018, 04:51:05 PM
That one has been eluding me for years. I didnt give it much of a chance at the time. Ditto Dochertys chat show, just because I'm not a fan of that format. Does much of the chat show exist anywhere (Dochertys bits rather than the interviews)?

There might have been one or two full episodes kicking about years ago but haven't seen them recently unfortunately.

The Morwenna Banks Shows are defo out there. There's a good few clips on YouTube that aren't in the full episode that's on there. I was watching her Doctor Who fan sketches but the second is missing so maybe not all the episodes are around.

Malcy

Reviving this to see if anyone has ever seen an old BBC3 comedy called Grease Monkeys online anywhere?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0361187/

Pseudopath

Quote from: Malcy on July 22, 2018, 03:14:12 PM
Reviving this to see if anyone has ever seen an old BBC3 comedy called Grease Monkeys online anywhere?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0361187/

I'm sure you already know, but there are a few episodes from the first series on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GreaseMonkeyMan01

chveik

Does anyone know where I could find Help (the Langham/Whitehouse series)?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: chveik on July 22, 2018, 06:08:20 PM

yeah, I guess that'll be well-hidden.

chveik

Small Man Big Horse

I've got it, I'm not at home at the moment but I'll be able to upload it to a file locker during the week.

Seagullsim

I'd love to see Just A Gigolo again. I've got a horrible feeling it would have dated really poorly, but it'd be worth it just for nostalgia.

Anyone come across it recently?

DrGreggles

I found a torrent for it a couple of years ago, so I assume it's still out there.

olliebean

The best known private tracker for UK telly has a DVD rip of it, if you're a member. (Sorry if you're not, I don't seem to have any invites.)

zomgmouse

Quote from: Seagullsim on July 22, 2018, 06:59:02 PM
I'd love to see Just A Gigolo again. I've got a horrible feeling it would have dated really poorly, but it'd be worth it just for nostalgia.

Anyone come across it recently?

Yeah I have this somewhere... I'll have a look! Might still be on my Dropbox too.
EDIT: Not on Dropbox but it's on my hard drive. I'll work this out.

Seagullsim

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 23, 2018, 02:04:18 AM
Yeah I have this somewhere... I'll have a look! Might still be on my Dropbox too.
EDIT: Not on Dropbox but it's on my hard drive. I'll work this out.

That would be amazing!

Small Man Big Horse

Does anyone have the Fist of Fun live video, by any chance?

mojo filters

I no longer have the all of the John Morton People Like Us episodes. I've got the DVD of S1, but then after they dropped the planned release of S2 I managed to find it via torrent sites. Sadly they were lost when an old laptop shit the bed many years ago.

Similarly I had most of the R4 episodes on an old mechanical HD iPod, but lost them when that broke and couldn't be repaired.

Trying to find People Like Us now is further complicated by the BBC3 show of the same title. Ironically some streaming sites use the original artwork for that one.

I can understand there was not necessarily a big enough market for commercial releases on physical media, but I'd have thought it might have popped up on Amazon Prime or Netflix by now.

I guess the R4 shows are stuck in the bowels of the BBC archives. Instead of constantly repeating more popular shows, it would be nice if they put them on 4 Extra some time.

Another show I had recorded on VHS tapes now long gone, was the brilliant Mark Thomas Comedy Product. I recall some dispute over that between Mark and C4 some years ago, but does that mean they'll never show up on E4 or More4 someday?

kalowski

Quote from: mojo filters on July 28, 2018, 01:44:24 PM
Another show I had recorded on VHS tapes now long gone, was the brilliant Mark Thomas Comedy Product. I recall some dispute over that between Mark and C4 some years ago, but does that mean they'll never show up on E4 or More4 someday?

May not have been the mightiest of targets but I recall falling about with laughter as Thomas arrived at a McDonald's drive in with a group of clowns in a clown car.

Spudgun

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 28, 2018, 12:25:03 PM
Does anyone have the Fist of Fun live video, by any chance?

Not the answer you're looking for, but it's included as an extra on the official series one DVD set:

https://www.gofasterstripe.com/cgi-bin/website.cgi?page=videofull&id=11569

QuoteI no longer have the all of the John Morton People Like Us episodes. I've got the DVD of S1, but then after they dropped the planned release of S2. . .

Likewise, this has indeed had an official release (unbelievably):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/People-Like-Us-2-DVD/dp/B0039WHKDG/

(The cheap UK version finally coming out shortly after I'd spent well over the odds on importing the Australian version...)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Spudgun on July 28, 2018, 02:50:43 PM
Not the answer you're looking for, but it's included as an extra on the official series one DVD set:

https://www.gofasterstripe.com/cgi-bin/website.cgi?page=videofull&id=11569

That's actually really helpful as I do have that, I'd just forgotten it had the live video as an extra and it's currently in storage at my mum's, but I'll dig it out when I next visit so thank you!

magval

Hello all. Anyone have a good link to DVD-rip quality episodes of Norm Macdonald's sitcom The Norm Show/Norm?

There's a great (massive) torrent out there with a rake of Norm stuff in it but the sitcom episodes are divided between DVD rips and awful ancient TV rips.

The DVD is region-locked and long, long out of print so I don't feel like I'm ripping the great man off by asking.

Cheers.