Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Paddington book next year

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 09, 2017, 09:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Ah, you definitely should, mainly so you can go up inside the dome and see the Whispering Gallery, and then go right to the top for the views. Having said that, it'd probably cost about £20 to do that these days. EDIT: Christ, I was only half-joking, but it is actually £18 a pop at the moment!

I loved Paddington as a kid, I thought he had the life of riley - gets taken in by a family who give him his own room and feed him, isn't expected to work or pay his own way, and spends his time pottering up and down Portobello Road. You can see why I moved to London with promises of an easy life like this dangled before my eyes.

jobotic

..but with sadness you realised you were happier in the jungles of your native Peru?

Glebe

New series of books to follow; Paddington the Hipster, Paddington Goes Glamping, Paddington vs Brexit...

BlodwynPig

Paddington dances with the bald prince.

Replies From View

Glebe

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 09, 2017, 01:54:15 PMPaddington dances with the bald prince.

Well, he danced with Kate, but William told him to do one after some pretty desperate and (it must be said) unseemly pleading:

Serge

Quote from: Glebe on November 09, 2017, 01:24:49 PM
New series of books to follow; Paddington the Hipster, Paddington Goes Glamping, Paddington vs Brexit...

Oh fuck, don't give them ideas! The 'kids books for adults' thing is limping into its third Christmas in a row, and I think it's only the fact that they've got a film franchise to think about that's stopped them from doing it so far. But now Michael Bond is dead, who knows?

Glebe

Quote from: Serge on November 09, 2017, 08:32:16 PMOh fuck, don't give them ideas! The 'kids books for adults' thing is limping into its third Christmas in a row, and I think it's only the fact that they've got a film franchise to think about that's stopped them from doing it so far. But now Michael Bond is dead, who knows?

As long as they don't 'do a Peter Rabbit'.

JoeyBananaduck

On what fucking planet is that a bear? That's clearly Gordon the Gopher, and he's not fooling me.

Serge

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on November 09, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
Well, he danced with Kate, but William told him to do one after some pretty desperate and (it must be said) unseemly pleading:

The humans in those photos are too young to know who Paddingtons are.