Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TDT homage on Cartoon Network's The Amazing World of Gumball?

Started by Tikwid, November 10, 2017, 11:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

Captain Z

There's no way that's just coincidence, the music is practically identical. Sort of a mash of TDT and Brasseye openings. Nice find!

Brundle-Fly

colacentral

Yeah, pretty blatant. Blatant Wonder Showzen rip-off (sorry, homage) in the actual anchor segment too.

asids

Quote from: Captain Z on November 11, 2017, 12:10:47 AM
There's no way that's just coincidence, the music is practically identical. Sort of a mash of TDT and Brasseye openings. Nice find!

Yeah, the music sounds exactly like it. Definitely a nod to Morris.

Isnt Anything

That's excellent. Even has the rugby ball / American football thing that TDT had in one of its segments.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think the opening 10 seconds of music is actually The Day Today theme mixed in, then some other stuff added, and looped.

Nice to see a little nod towards TDT

H-O-W-L

Think it's crazy that a kid's show gets away with two Morris references though, I can imagine some suit tearing his hair out, bobbing up and down in his chair screaming "THEY MIGHT LOOK IT UP ON THE GOOGLES, AND FIND OUT THAT NAUGHTY WORDS EXIST!"

Captain Z

It's not really that crazy. Kids shows have been doing this stuff more blatantly for years.

FredNurke

The ludicrously contrived story in the last edition of SM:TV which led to the line 'Cat's just blown Dick through the wall!' springs immediately to mind.

Kelvin

Isn't this the same show that had a hamster named after a Morris character of something? I'm sure it was posted here before, with them running round a school trying to catch it.

edit: whoops, that was the other clip linked in the OP. Sorry.

H-O-W-L

Last time I watched kid's TV the Tweenies were all the rage.

But then again, they had Savile...

H-O-W-L

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 11, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Last time I watched kid's TV the Tweenies were all the rage.

But then again, they had Savile...

And they had Tweenies do Savile.

And oh dear! I just noticed the song title, I don't think I noticed that last time I saw it.