Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

4K TV Advice

Started by Shay Chaise, November 11, 2017, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

I've basically got two that I'm looking at:

Samsung MU8000

LG OLED C7

The LG is a bit more expensive, but I wonder if anyone has any experience of the two, or of OLED TV screens in general. I'm very tempted to wait and save for this.

Frankly, I would be very tempted by the Samsung MU7000 but the awkward position of the legs means that I would need to replace my TV stand, which isn't happening.

Anyone got any relevant experience or opinions, please? It will be for gaming 95% of the time but I'd really like to give 4K Blu Ray a go for certain stuff, too.

mobias

I got a new TV back in May (there's a thread here about it somewhere) and Sumsung seem to be the TV of choice for gamers wanting to spend around a grand. Very low latency for the price seems to be the main selling point. Because Samsung are so popular with gamers there's some good online guides in setting up the picture perfectly. I found setting up my Samsung TV and PS4 Pro for 4K HDR gaming surprisingly complicated. It wasn't a case of plug everything in and being ready to go anyway.

OLED TV's do look amazing but out of my price range sadly. I didn't want anything smaller than 55" and I did consider a 65" but its just too big for where I have my TV. I didn't set out to buy a curved screen TV but I ended up getting one and I've never regretted it. I sit quite close to my TV and its like having my own IMAX cinema screen.

Some useful info here https://www.resetera.com/threads/television-displays-and-technology-thread-the-era-of-oled-is-now.564/

This is the TV I went for http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55ks7500-201605024289.htm

Shay Chaise

Thanks very much for the links. I'll have a good read now.

I saw you mention the 7500 in another thread (SWBF2, maybe) and I would be all over it, if not for the legs. It sounds brilliant. Ideally, I wouldn't be spending more than a grand but I'm prepared to save for a few months more if the OLED is that good.

Cheers, and glad to hear you're loving the TV and Pro combo!