Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day Today/Brass Eye Return

Started by StJimmy, November 17, 2017, 06:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StJimmy

Chris really should bring back one of the shows or another like it. I don't get how he couldn't see that now is the absolute perfect time in our current political/celebrity climate to do it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He would be sacked during 43 seperate twitter outrages if he tried.

bgmnts

What could he even satirise at this point?

Shaky

Quote from: StJimmy on November 17, 2017, 06:29:44 AM
Chris really should bring back one of the shows or another like it. I don't get how he couldn't see that now is the absolute perfect time in our current political/celebrity climate to do it.

To be honest, there's almost nothing crazy he could do with the news that hasn't already been done. Even the Brass Eye Special seemed weirdly old hat a mere five years after the series. Best to let it lie.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on November 17, 2017, 10:02:12 AM
What could he even satirise at this point?

With evening television no longer being the dominating cultural factor it was between early 70s to mid-00s, any programme it was parodying would already have less exposure and less impact.

However, Amstell's show Carnage proves there are subjects out there that could be satirised with a bit more imagination applied to the medium the satire is used in.