Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:12:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Netflix's Marvel's The Punisher

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, November 18, 2017, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnish

Season 2 is on Netflix now.  I've watched a few episodes, it's ok but mostly I'm just skipping through to the big fight scenes where he beats off a load of men.

Spoiler-ish:

Billy Russo is back as the bad guy, it's meant to be a big reveal when he shows his disfigured face but actually he's just got a few scars that don't really show up in dark lighting.

The Culture Bunker

Watched up to episode four, pacing myself because there's not going to be much more of this kind of thing on Netflix (surely the 'Punisher Cancelled' notice is next?) but I'm enjoying seeing what kind of mess Frank has wound himself up in this time. Shame Russo isn't as mangled as we'd like him to be, but I guess they are playing the vaguely gritty/realism card to some degree, but the merciless bible thumper villain has been effective thus far.

And I know it won't happen, but I do hope they somehow shoehorn Yorkie Mitchell into the show somehow.

surreal

They have apparently started planning season 3 and getting writers together - however, Luke Cage had a whole writers room and had started pre-production when that got canned so who knows.  I'm guessing after the last time they will wait until Jessica Jones S3 has aired and cancel them both at once.  Which is a shame as current Punisher S3 rumour involves Kingpin.

Mister Six

Bollocks.

Only up to episode three, but I've been enjoying it thus far, although the shoot-out at the sheriff's station was a little bit flat, and I find my attention waning now Castle's going back to New York to face off - no pun intended - with Jigsaw.

Speaking of him, has there been/will there be an explanation of why there's a spooky skull on his face mask? Did he put that there? I thought at first the cops had drawn it on him to mock him, but then he was shown wandering about in it and his psychiatrist didn't seem to mention it, which seemed really weird.

jonno

Quote from: Mister Six on January 26, 2019, 03:45:20 PM

Speaking of him, has there been/will there be an explanation of why there's a spooky skull on his face mask? Did he put that there? I thought at first the cops had drawn it on him to mock him, but then he was shown wandering about in it and his psychiatrist didn't seem to mention it, which seemed really weird.

The explanation comes later, and until then it did bother me as to where it came from.

monolith

Can't get over how brilliant Shane is in this. He was shit in TWD.

magval

Aye only til he shaved his head, then he was deadly. This is that Shane.

AsparagusTrevor

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

A shame that, as (much like with Luke Cage and Iron Fist) this was a big improvement on the lacklustre first series.

Ant Farm Keyboard

It might not be canceled, given that the show is produced on the base of a different contract than the four original shows for Netflix. Some clauses may be different.