Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nigerian entrepeneurs- a complete waste of time?

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, January 10, 2005, 10:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bent_hedge

Quotep.s. i require this products very urgently in order to extinguish the fire that is threatening my family unit. thank you
genius...:-))

Adrian Brezhnev

Gosh, they are getting clever at this now....

QuoteThis is to Notify you that the payment of £190.00 made by Tony Comb has been approved by Western Union Auction Payments and will be brought to your destination on 2ND FEBRUARY 2005. we are sorry for the inconvinences. the money orderSM sent to you by Tony Comb will not be released if the package is not dropped to the courier services and if it has been dropped, we'll need to call there office to confrim before we can update your money as soon as the package has been dropped, and the buyer verified that his/her package has been dropped you can go to any of our branches close to you, just provied the pin number on the approval letter and the name in it and your money will be release to you. but without the package been dropped to courier services the money orderSM sent to you will not be updated.we'll need to see the tracking number stated on the shipping label to doub le check maybe you are the seller or not. just be rest assured that the money orderSM will get to you by any western union close to you if only the package has been dropped and confirmed from the buyer, then you can only have your money sent to you from us.any thing that occured in this transaction,we'll be responssible for it, that's the promise given to any of our customers.
Note that the buyer made the payment to the name and address below because Western Union Auction Payments will not release the money for any body except the name and the address registered by the buyer and for you to collect the payment sent to you from the buyer you have to present your I D card and the verificaton number on your approval letter so as to confirm the name registered to us from the buyer.

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct.

For some reason, I feel compelled to remove my address details from this posting. They were correct however

You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer now.Note that without the item been send to the buyer your payment can be declined and you will not receive any payment until the item is send to the buyer.

Thank you for using Western Union ® Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Western Union Auction Payments.

InfiniteFury

I should be jolly suspicious if I were you, I know I would.

Adrian Brezhnev

I think the bit that makes the alarm bells ring loudest is 'You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer now.Note that without the item been send to the buyer your payment can be declined and you will not receive any payment until the item is send to the buyer.'

Pinball

I dunno, if I was embarking on a worldwide email fraud campaign, I'd get the English proof-read meself :-))

It's a good idea that's poorly implemented. A bit like a naughty thick kid.

Adrian Brezhnev

They keep on coming!
QuoteFrom: Joe zimo

Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 1:27 AM

Subject: needed urgent Philips DVDR70 Multi Region Capable DVD Recorder

hello
   reading your advertisment on the internet i wish to make an order for 4 of this item with reference to my demand i have infofm client who will handle shippent associated with the goods, your adress and phone number is require to facilitate the process of sending a bank draft or   money  order   of which the excess fund will be send back to my client in africa to clear the shipping and custom duties when the goods arrive is destination

thanks god bless you ,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

and here's the reply I sent
QuoteDear Mr zimo,

Many thanks for your order. In order to speed through the order, may I recommend that you use Amazon Marketplace?

Alternatively, could you send me an official purchase order together with your banking details. If this can be done, or you pay by credit card or genuine money order, I will be able to send you the four DVD recorders in the flashest of flashes.

On the purchase order, please let me know what the required delivery date and address is, and what type carrier you would prefer me to use?

Best regards etc. etc.

P.S. God bless you too.
Either there's a lot of gullible people out there, or these fuckers are schoolchilderen with far too much time on their hands.

Pinball

Hopefully they're schoolchildren who will get nicked and then meet Bubba in jail.

Borboski

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Borboski"[ /quote]
and not much else... presumably after having rather a lot to drink and failing to score on Friday night.

massive_bereavement

QuoteGosh, they are getting clever at this now....

Not revealing themselves to be Nigerian would be cleverer still.

Adrian Brezhnev

You couldn't make this up....
Quote from: "jenny george"Hello,
      I saw the advert of thse item on Amazon and i am interested in purchasing it from you that is why i say i should mail you.
    I am interested in buying two of these your item,how many do you have,i will want you to help me ship these item to these zipcode(23401)
   My method of payment is money transfer,i will need your address,full name and phone number for me to make payment so that you can receive your money at home.
   So i will want you to add the total price plus shipment ,thank you.
"
What I find amusing is that

- all of these tossers have Yahoo email addresses,
- all of them say they want to buy two, three, or four units without talking about shipping charges,
- none of them do it through where they find the advert (Amazon Marketplace) , and
- all of them have Christian names and surnames that are all in lower case. Even the emails from Western Union come from email addresses like western_union@myway.com.

Adrian Brezhnev

...and here's another one, as usual from a Yahoo address, and someone whose name does not start with capital letters- because he/she is African. Again!

Urgent as usual, with more Western Unionness.
QuoteHello seller,
Am keenly interetsed in purchasing your item which is urgently needed,i'll be making payment for it with money order via western union auction payment/bidpay,. The money order would take 7-10 days to get to you once it is approved by bidpay,immediately the payment is approved i'll would want to pick up the item with DHL which means i'll be enitrely responsible for shipping of the item .Just to let you know that the item is going to my fiance who is presently in Africa where she temporarily works with UNICEF and i'll love the item to get to her without delay at all.u can send me ur full name,contact address so that i can make the payment ASAP once u receive the confirmation from western union money order maill me so that i can arrange for the pick up Thanks once again for your time. Regards

butnut

Well, as his 'fiance' works for UNICEF, it would be really rude not to send the items right now. He sounds very trustworthy indeed.

Adrian Brezhnev

I've replied with a straightforward
QuoteMany thanks for your order. Could you tell me where you would like me to send the goods?
totally ignoring anything he asked- and will sit back and see if he insists on getting my address, then let him have my work address and look forward to receiving another cheque for thousands paying for a DVD player that's worth £30.

Edited to say that he wrote straight back...
QuoteName...Joy Joseph
31 abeokuta street ,pleasure b/stop
oke odo agege, lagos
23401, Nigeria
Pleasure bus stop? I wonder if the place actually exists. I'm not particularly familiar with what's what in Oke Odo Agege.

I'd love to see the cunts who have fallen for these scams! ha ha

Pinball

There must be a police enforcement office dedicated to dealing with this huge-scale scam? Can't you send the criminal's address to them?

Adrian Brezhnev

Good idea. I'll forward the emails to Gordon Sumner, Andy Summers and Steward Copeland and see if any of them would like to write a song about it all.

Adrian Brezhnev

In the mean time, I have had more exciting correspondence with "joy joyce"-
QuoteFrom: joy joice
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:49 AM
Subject: Tracking number of the package.

Hello,

I am expecting the tracking number of the package, since yesterday you said you will ship but i have not heard any mail form you. So when you ship it try to mail me back with the Numbers..ok

Thanks
I replied with
QuoteTracking number? Can't you phone them directly and ask?
Quote from: "In reply, "joy joice""Hello,
 What do you mean by why dont you phone them directly and ask?
Quote from: "So I"OK- but I was not able to ship yesterday as I have not yet received the payment. As soon as I do, then I can ship the package.
Quote from: "...to which the joyful joy"Hello,
 You have to mail their customer services for your money..ok
Quote from: "Then I"Can you give me their address then? It is not entirely clear from what you have written to me.
Quote from: "-and then he/she"Hello,
This is the mail address Customercare_services@banknotes.com..ok
 Thanks
Quote from: "...and I"Thanks. I will contact them. Is there any reference number that I should use?
Quote from: "In response to that, Joy"Hello
 There is no refrences number..ok
Thanks
Quote from: "So I"This all seems terribly complicated... wouldn't you prefer to pay by credit card or bankers draft?
Quote from: "and Joy predictably"Hello,
 Dont let it seem complicated to you, i will mail them now to release your money and then you can ship my item..ok
Quote from: "and I"Thanks for that. By the way, could you let me have your phone number. I don't appear to have it.
Quote from: "Miraculously, she immediately"Hello
this is muy number you request for +2348052225346..ok
Quote from: "So I then"Thanks for that. I'll get in touch with BankNotes.com pronto.
Quote from: "and Joy retorted when he or she"Ok.
I didn't, but hey presto, within the hour, order_confirmation@banknotes.com emailed me...
QuoteI am Mr David,the Chief Controller of payments in Western Union Auction Payments. I will like to inform you that "Joy Joseph" of make payment of £269.60 for a transaction between both parties.So we e-mail you, when the ®Money OrderSM is about to arrive.Please be of good conduct and trust the Western Union Auction Payments,and for your payment, it will be send to you between 14th-15th of February 2005 .If there is any question you will like to ask, email me and ask about this payment, feel free to ask me,am at your service.®Money OrderSM cannot be tracked,but we assure you of the safety of your funds.

NOTE:
   The payments approval we sent to you is your Confirmation Letter.So when your ®Money OrderSM will arrived, you will be ask to provide the Order Status Receipt, but if you don't ship the package include in this transaction, for a specific verification, we will not mail the Order Status Receipt to you.Also the ®Money OrderSM will be send to you by cheque,and as soon as you ship the item, mail us and your Buyer the tracking number.So email me if there is any mistake in the (Confirmation Letter) we send to you.So no problem with your ®Money OrderSM. The payment will not show on your account, but it will be mail to your contact address, once the shippment is confirmed by us.
    Thank you for using Western Union Auction Payment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely Free Dating & Pen-pals at http://www.single2.com
Quote from: "I responed right away when I"Well, that's fine and dandy, but is there no way that you can get the money to me before Valentines Day?
... and now eagerly await their reply.

Curious that an internationally renowned organisation such as Western Union should chose to try to make additional revenue by advertising run-of-the-mill dating sites.

Wow, that email from Western Union looks 100% genuine to me. It even says it is from Mr David, big chief of the company. If he has emailed you then it must be trustworthy.

Good day to you and blessings.

Adrian Brezhnev

Joy's emailed me again....
QuoteHello
 Have you contacted them, and what do they so?
-to which I felt the urge to write straight back about the email I got from Craig David earlier...
Quote from: "I"I was about to contact them, when they sent me a really strange email saying that they would be letting me have the money next week. What's all that about? It seems like a very slow way of doing business. Are you sure you don't want to pay by credit card?
Quote from: "Later this evening, she"Hello,
 Have you mail them the tracking number and also am not paying with credit card, cuz i cant pay twices..ok
Quote from: "so I"...but if you have already paid them, how come they claim they can't pay me until Valentine's Day at the earliest?

Huzzie

MrManson

Adrian Brezhnev

I wish I had a flux capacitor.

Anyway, I think that Joy deserves an award for persistance...
Quote from: "Today, she"Hello
 I order them not to release the money yet, because i dont want anything like scams to occur in this transaction, so when you ship the item and you mail me and them the tracking number, then your money will be release..ok
Quote from: "So when I replied I"Dear Joy,

I have to admit to being a little confused here. Are you saying that you want me to ship the item and then you want to ask them to release the payment? So what you are looking to do is set up a credit facility with me?

That's fine, in principle, but then I do need you to send me an official purchase order my mail, and provide me with three trade references. I also need a little information about your Company.

I have had the DVD player, complete with all necessary widgets, ready for sending for several days now. If we had cleared up these misunderstandings at the beginning of the week, you could have had the goods by now.

Best regards etc.
Quote from: "After lunch, she"Hello
 I dont have a company, am sending this to my fiance, so if you want us to continue this transaction, why are you delaying this item, once the shippment is confirmed, your money will be released..ok
 Thanks
Quote from: "So I thought it best that I"I've no need to delay the order- it's just that I find it rather odd that you are unable to pay me until after I ship the goods.

I still think that a credit card transaction would be the best - for both of us. It's the safest way, surely. Please bear in mind that I have never met you before, and you have not met me- so we need to be careful.

You should put '..ok' after your emails, like she does.

Adrian Brezhnev

Good thinking. Or I could put 'Thanks' instead.
Quote from: "Waffling on even more, Joy"Hello,
  Your money is with them and i cannot collect it again when you ship, i can only collect it back if you dont mail them the tracking number of our transaction, which is their evidence to proof about this transaction, and also it cause me $50 for this transaction..ok, so i trusted you that is why i pay for this order and if you stop it now, i have loss $50 to western union.
 Await your reply asap.
   Thanks
Quote from: "and I"Well, I am sure we can sort this out. I am keen to resolve any misunderstandings we have had as the whole matter has been transmogrified beyond belief. Many thanks for your trust in me. I will contact them about the tracking number as soon as I possibly can.

TraceyQ

We do Western Union cash transactions at my workplace... How much did she say that she sent you (in dollars?) the usual fee is 1-2%.

Ask her if she thinks your birth occured yesterday.

Adrian Brezhnev

She's getting a little impatient....
QuoteOk, and mail me back with the tracking number also..ok
 Thanks
- or similar every single .....ing day at the moment.