Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anus Cop (NBC, 1975)

Started by the, November 20, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Any fans of this classic cop show?

Mr Brightside

Used to watch repeats of this on Granada Plus when I was a kid.

Fambo Number Mive

Anus Cop often gets " a bum steer"

Norton Canes

God I remember when Newsnight was 55 minutes.

Beagle 2

You wouldn't get away with a lot of the stuff on Anus Cop these days, the casual sexism, and obviously a lot of smoking. Smoking anuses. I haven't seen a smoking anus in a cop show since the last series of Spender, and that was soaked in irony anyway. 

Mr Brightside

My favourite episode was the one guest-starring Peter Wyngarde as a bloke what rapes wolves.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 20, 2017, 09:15:28 PM
God I remember when Newsnight was 55 minutes.

No better feeling that a dead long Newsnight when you know you don't have to get up in the morning.

Lemming

I remember seeing a few episodes of this as a kid on some old VHS tapes, in between recordings of music videos from MTV. Only really remember one episode where Anus Cop was running across a steel walkway being shot at by some crooks who were trying to smuggle buttplugs into the country illegally, but the ending was taped over with an episode of Sledge Hammer! so I never knew how the gunfight concluded. It took me about five minutes to realise the tape had switched to a different programme.

Also vividly remember a car chase where Anus Cop was pursuing a truck full of anal suppositories (can't remember if he was trying to destroy the truck or rescue the suppositories within), but it was again recorded over, this time by a music video. It just cuts to David Byrne's face in the middle of the chase scene.

I do remember that the episodes they showed on repeat seemed to be heavily edited. Almost every time Anus Cop's black sidekick was on screen, dialogue seemed to be cut, to the point where they almost never spoke to each other. Wonder why?

Mr Brightside

The original black sidekick was far superior to the kung-fu midget sidekick they introduced in the failed 1987 revival, New Anus Cop. No wonder it was axed after four episodes.

Rizla

Wasn't the classic episode "Riddle of the Sphincter" directed by Wes Craven?

BlodwynPig

My favourite was "Between the maximus and the minimus" with guest appearance by Peter Falk as "bum groper".

Bazooka

I remember watching it with my grandmother, sucking on a Werther's Original. I thought the special effects wouldn't hold up, but the episode where he apprehends the back alley colon doctor hadn't dated at all.

Gregory Torso

There's the classic episode where he apprehends the Scrote Twins on Biffin's Bridge. There's a shoot out, and he kills them both, puts on his shades and says "Taint easy being Anus Cop!"

greenman

Its often forgotten of course that the American series was based on a far less successful British original staring Joanna Lumley.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greenman on November 21, 2017, 10:44:50 AM
Its often forgotten of course that the American series was based on a far less successful British original staring Joanna Lumley.

Female Bum Officer?

Beagle 2

Yeah, a couple of episodes turned up on UK Nova a few years ago. One of those where the US remake was far superior to the original series. It was pre-watershed, so there was no grittiness at all - they actually tried to make a joke out of a lot of the anus crime, which seems like very poor taste in these more enlightened times.

Favourite Anus Cop storyline was definitely the two-parter about the killer who left a single arse hair stuck to the cheek of each of his victims. Spoiler: the arse hairs belonged to the President.

spamwangler

Quote from: Mr Brightside on November 20, 2017, 11:49:51 PM
My favourite episode was the one guest-starring Peter Wyngarde as a bloke what rapes wolves.

The role he was born to play. Shame he got typecast into the incredibly misjudged Wolf Pack Bum Attack- there was a sort of leering tone to that show that missed the point enirley in my mind

Chairman Bodog

Chip Bigcock was the quintessential swordsman of that time. A shot guzzling paramour to pretty much every pin up staress on the box. My mate that knows one of the runners on Anus Cop said Chip actually backhanded Giovanna Pecadillo for winking at him off set.

The one scene in Episode 28: Won Ton Shooter where Chip gets all the Thai brides to commit seppuku while beating himself off would never get made now. The flippant use of the phrase 'I wouldn't slap that slink broad with my own beater." is uncomfortable to sit through. Especially because it was uttered 16 times in the episode.

I'm not sure about this so maybe someone can back me up. I think I remember seeing the CAB homepage on Chip's fax once.

ollyboro

Stealth Facesitter had a great blend of deductive reasoning and action. The way he tracked the eponymous villain down via the hemorrhoid images from the photocopier after the Christmas party was textbook.

greenman

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 21, 2017, 01:03:19 PM
Female Bum Officer?

Know for her ability to keep on a stakeout for 20 hours at a time without shitting herself thanks to her plastic anus.

The jewel in the crown of this seasons Very schedule.

jobotic

I was too young but I remember the very poor later versions starring his screen son - Anusol.

BlodwynPig

Remember the theme tune? A James Last funkified work-out with horn parps and squelching Hammond lead.

Lemming

Found a torrent of the whole series the other night. Took a fuck of a long time to download and they're all obscenely large AVI files, the quality is shit.

Can any fans tell me when the series picks up? Watched the first three episodes. They've been on an upward trend, but S1E2: Route Anal was some serious bullshit towards the end. No spoilers, but you know what I'm talking about. Also the shootout in the piles cream factory in S1E3: A Pile Of Trouble was just stupid. How the fuck do containers of pile cream shield you from bullets.

Honestly, I know most people seem to prefer the original, but I feel like I'm only even watching this so I'll have context for New Anus Cop. Looks way better from what I can see. The theme tune remix really rocks.

BlodwynPig

S1E4: A Bum Deal features the first appearance by dodgy snout "Little Squit"...you'll be on board after hearing him jive.

ollyboro

Quote from: Lemming on November 21, 2017, 11:58:12 PM
Found a torrent of the whole series the other night. Took a fuck of a long time to download and they're all obscenely large AVI files, the quality is shit.

Can any fans tell me when the series picks up? Watched the first three episodes. They've been on an upward trend, but S1E2: Route Anal was some serious bullshit towards the end. No spoilers, but you know what I'm talking about. Also the shootout in the piles cream factory in S1E3: A Pile Of Trouble was just stupid. How the fuck do containers of pile cream shield you from bullets.

Honestly, I know most people seem to prefer the original, but I feel like I'm only even watching this so I'll have context for New Anus Cop. Looks way better from what I can see. The theme tune remix really rocks.
Seriously, stick with series 1. The lingering shot of sweet corn in the heavily shitted pants at the end of episode 3? Might come across as gratuitous, but honestly, it plays a huge part in the series arc. Trust me.

Chairman Bodog

Is the 1979 Anus Cop For Comic Relief sketch considered canon? Debbie Harry seriously thwarts the Cream Breach Cartel, with ham on the bone, out of nowhere?

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: jobotic on November 21, 2017, 11:22:56 PM
I was too young but I remember the very poor later versions starring his screen son - Anusol.

AnuSOLVE. Don't be that guy.

BlodwynPig

Remember this being repeated on itv in the 80s in the Saturday tea time slot and half the dialogue being beeped out.

"Detective ****, how the **** have you been *** ****. You want a **** cup of coffee? We have a new case involving **** ****** **** and the **** ***** Trump **** in Manhattan."

Ferris

Huge fan. Elder statesman Robert Mitchum as DA Gooch was an inspired choice but think he only arrives midway through the second or third season.