Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anus Cop (NBC, 1975)

Started by the, November 20, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Wasn't it Anus Cop that was retitled Boss Cat in some counties so that it wouldn't interfere with sales of a local cat food brand?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 22, 2017, 04:26:07 AM
Huge fan. Elder statesman Robert Mitchum as DA Gooch was an inspired choice but think he only arrives midway through the second or third season.

Series 3 Episode 5: Rip Tide

Dead by Series 5 Episode 12: The Spiker

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 22, 2017, 02:28:52 PM
Series 3 Episode 5: Rip Tide

Dead by Series 5 Episode 12: The Spiker

Yeah but what a mini-arc while he's in it. I don't want to spoil it, but the field of recto-phrenology plays a pivotal role in finding the mole in the department. Who would have guessed you can alter your arse-fingerprint! It's true as well, apparently.

Groundbreaking.

BlodwynPig

A mate at school said he had a VHS tape from a Polish penpal who had recorded the banned episode from 1979, Anus Cop: The Hunt for GOATSE, late at night from TVP3 Katowice.

Beagle 2

Gregory Torso

In S03 E07 "For Whom The Toilet Flushes" when Anus Cop stands on the burning lorry at the end and remarks "this town ain't worth a hill of beans" if you watch his lips, he is clearly saying "a string of anal beads" but it's been dubbed over.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 22, 2017, 03:52:22 PM
A mate at school said he had a VHS tape from a Polish penpal who had recorded the banned episode from 1979, Anus Cop: The Hunt for GOATSE, late at night from TVP3 Katowice.

How long before you guessed the twist GOATSE = Greatest Of All The Sheriff's Employees

A bit silly but great spaghetti-detective stuff and it helped the vigilant viewer spot the mole way ahead of Anus and D.A. Gooch.

It pays to pay attention!

BlodwynPig

Anus Cop: "I'm hunting for the mole"

GOATSE: "Ah, Anus!, why it's right in...here"

*maniacal laughter*

END CREDITS

Gregory Torso

Trivia: Series 2, Episode 12 "Mind Over Anus" marked the first time explosive diarrhoea was shown on terrestrial TV.

ollyboro

Quote from: Gregory Torso on November 23, 2017, 05:13:33 AM
Trivia: Series 2, Episode 12 "Mind Over Anus" marked the first time explosive diarrhoea was shown on terrestrial TV.
Correct. But did you know that it was a stunt arsehole that was used? Jack Cartwright was ailing badly and was barely able to pass a stool at this point, let alone fire half a gallon of molten diarrhea on command. So they got a young Dirk Cable in for the famous excavation. Cable famously went on to play the main criminal in the two part 'Jack The Rimmer'.

doppelkorn

People think that the first mention of rimming in a primetime show was in Sex and the City, but it was actually in S03 E08 "Cheek to Cheek", where most of the precinct are celebrating rookie cop Eddie Starfish's bachelor party at Brown's Grill.

Anus Cop: You got big plans for the honeymoon Ed?

*The cops jeer, playfully*

Starfish: *blushes*

AC: Ya gonna lick the bowl?

ES: Hey, cut that out you--

Cops: RIM! RIM! RIM YOUR BRIDE! MAKE HER COLON CLEAN INSIDE!

batwings

I like how each episode would end with someone saying to Anus Cop something like 'You really are a crack detective' or 'on the hole you did an amazing job'. Then freeze frame on everyone laughing. Credits.

BlodwynPig

Series 7 Episode 4 "Fanny Packs a Punch" features a guest appearance by Tyne Daly - the first female to male transgender to feature in the show. Despite some of the racist undertones, the show really was ahead of its times on LGBTQ-A issues.

Gregory Torso

Trivia: Anus Cop's wife was never shown - although he frequently joked about her rancid flatulence. There were rumours of Eartha Kitt making a guest appearance as Mrs Anus in the Series 8 finale, but sadly she was unavailable due to filming "Women Police!", a bizarre show which featured women, rather than men, as police officers. It failed to catch on with a sceptical public.

pancreas

Quote from: doppelkorn on November 23, 2017, 10:53:46 AM
Cops: RIM! RIM! RIM YOUR BRIDE! MAKE HER COLON CLEAN INSIDE!

MERRILY MERRILY MERRILY MERRILY
LIFE IS BUTT AND CREAM

BlodwynPig

Trivia 2 Director Lance Foist had a cameo, Hitchcock-style, in all 245 episodes apart from 1 (Series 5 Episode 19: Lone Anus). In all appearances, his bare arse can be seen in the background, e.g., on Malibu beach, in the cockpit of a Boeing as it taxis at O'Hare, during the autopsy scene in the pilot episode, through the flames in the episode "Burning Ring of Fire".

Lemming

Just finished the first series. The series finale, S1E26: Royal Flush was pretty decent and the climactic scene where he shits from the moving helicopter onto the gangsters below was very well done, but I can't help but feel that the rest of you must be watching a different show to me. For the most part it's so formulaic and the characterisation and plotting are all over the place.

The only really stand-out bit of character development this series was the arc about Anus Cop's ball-busting chief learning to shit again after he swore off shitting forever after accidentally shitting a kid to death back when he was a beat cop. Pretty moving I thought, and I admit I actually cheered at the TV during that scene when we see his anus begin to twitch in the finale. But that's a pretty minor side-plot in the show overall, and I'm not sure if it was worth sitting through the rest for.

I'm looking at the episode list on Wikipedia for series two and it looks like they shake up the formula a bit from here on, so I'm still on board for now. Parts of the first series really have been a chore to get through though.

Ferris

It takes a while to find its feet and tbh I wasn't completely taken with it until Gooch arrives (see posts above). I like the formulaic nature of it though - it kind of explores the space before diving in. Gets good around end of S02, I reckon S02 E14 "To Catch An Anus" is the first one I'd go back and rewatch. By S02 E18 "Balloon Knot Sunday" you'll notice a marked improvement which carries over into the "gold period" of S03 onwards.

Edit: spelling.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 23, 2017, 03:47:19 PM
It takes a while to find its feet and tbh I wasn't completely taken with it until Gooch arrives (see posts above). I like the formulaic nature of it though - it kind of explores the space before diving in. Gets good around end of S02, I reckon S02 E14 "To Catch An Anus" is the first one I'd go back and rewatch. By S02 E18 "Balloon Knot Sunday" you'll notice a marked improvement which carries over into the "gold period" of S03 onwards.

Edit: shitting.

BlodwynPig

Also the introduction of a love interest, Desdemona Waft, in series 3 will be bound to get you tingling in all the right places.

BlodwynPig

Wasn't Justin Lee Collins going to do one of his nostalgia shows about Anus Cop before he got done for stalking?

Gregory Torso

"An Anus In Time" - Season 1, Episode 13

Quotes
Chief Sandusky: Anus Cop, your problem is you just can't see the wood for the suppositories.
Anus Cop: With all due respect, sir, fuck you.

Goofs
Thermometers do not "glow brown" when placed into anuses.

Ferris

Did anyone watch the AC movie? It was shown on 5ive on a Saturday afternoon years ago but a foolish teenage me switched over to Popworld after about 10 mins and I haven't been able to find it since.

Lemming

Really wish I'd known about this viewing order shit before I started on series two! I'd just finished S2E8: Ring-A-Ring-A-Anus when I found out you're meant to watch the first movie after S2E7 and before S2E8. Looking into it further, the next movie has to be watched right after series two, and then series three's episodes have like three different hotly debated viewing orders. I think I'm gonna go with the chronological order, people say the series arc makes the most sense that way.

Anyway, the first movie was pretty good, I thought. Felt like an extended episode but a good one. Pleasantly surprised to see Steven Pacey of Blake's 7 fame guest-starring as the manager of the laxative factory. I must say, series two is really picking up. Loved the musical episode and the hallucinogenic dream episode. About to start S2E9: Never Look A Gift Horse In The Anus and I find myself going through these at a really quick rate, always eager to see the next episode.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 25, 2017, 02:20:52 PM
Did anyone watch the AC movie? It was shown on 5ive on a Saturday afternoon years ago but a foolish teenage me switched over to Popworld after about 10 mins and I haven't been able to find it since.

It was in the big torrent I downloaded, but only dubbed in Spanish language. Had to get a Spanish friend of mine to translate it to me over Skype as we watched.

BlodwynPig

Quote:

QuoteOh embajador, con estos laxantes realmente nos está echando a perder

ollyboro

The old rumours about the director's cut for The Crack In Dirt Valley episode have resurfaced again. It's the episode when Anus Cop is set up on a corruption charge, found innocent and tries to hand his badge in. In the final scene of the broadcasted episode  Police Chief Bernie 'The Log' 'Mac' McAndrew' says:

"Anus cop..this...this rusty old Sheriff's badge....well, I guess we kinda gotten lost trying to...you know. Well this badge means something , and no matter how much of a pain in the ass you are, AC, you're our pain in the ass and you're AOK with me."

According to legend, the Director's cut finishes with "........you might drive me potty, Anus Cop, but never forget how potty I am about you."

The line was changed after the actor who played 'The Log' lost his son in a bizarre toilet training incident. The irony being that he went along with the 'pain in the ass' line, then died of bowel cancer 4 months later.

Ferris

Bottom-Z [police informant]: I know you and me go a looong way back AC, but I ain't heard nothin' 'bout these here butt-plug smugglers, you dig?

Anus Cop: Well if you get wind of anything, let me know.

BlodwynPig

Anyone got a copy of the rare interview Chip Bigcock (Anus Cop Series' 1-8) did with Michael Parkinson, with Parky goading Bigcock to "show us all your bum...go on...get it out" and Emu shoving his beak up the crack in an unscripted and now censored finale.

The look on Muhammed Ali's face!

Mr Brightside

Yeah. What are you willing to do to get it?