Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anus Cop (NBC, 1975)

Started by the, November 20, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 28, 2017, 11:36:26 PM
Are there any copies of the lost episodes floating around? I remember they were on YouTube at one point but they were taken down. It was when NBC re-cancelled it after season 12 before they re-revived it the following month. There were 6 episodes that were filmed but never aired

Even more confusing and difficult to come by - the 4 from the end of the SFE7-8 production run which were aired but never filmed.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 30, 2017, 01:23:54 PM
Magnus Pee Eye

I remember that!

Nickname "Japs", although not in the syndicated version shown in the Far-East.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on November 30, 2017, 03:01:36 PM
Nickname "Japs", although not in the syndicated version shown in the Far-East.

Japson Bollock

Gregory Torso

Speaking of syndication, in the German version, Arschpolizist, AC's lines were dubbed by Klaus Schubkarre, who played "The Tapeworm", an East German VHS bootlegger, in the episode "Intestinal Affairs".

BlodwynPig

Who dubbed The Tapeworm's lines on the German version?

BlodwynPig

Who remembers the ill-fated animated series that aired before Going Live! every Saturday for 1 year before being yanked by an increasingly paranoid BBC.

jobotic

Quote from: Gregory Torso on November 30, 2017, 03:30:21 PM
Andrew Sachs.

Hence "I slipped my Tapeworm into your granddaughter, Manuel, verily" in that notorious phone call.

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: jobotic on November 30, 2017, 03:36:30 PM
Hence "I slipped my Tapeworm into your granddaughter, Manuel, verily" in that notorious phone call.

I thought it was "I slipped my Tapeworm into your granddaughter, Manuel, verify?" which is even more sinister, and closer to the original episode.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on November 30, 2017, 03:59:29 PM
I thought it was "I slipped my Tapeworm into your granddaughter, Manuel, verify?" which is even more sinister, and closer to the original episode.

Aren't you thinking of the sci-fi spin-off from 1982 - "Space Anus"*, where a rogue Tapeworm escapes into space.

The scene where Captain Rubb D. Anus boards the alien vessel and the ship's console bleeps "Approach and verify" prompting Anus to expose his anus to the scanner before being granted access - but instead Tapeworm appears and fires a host of parasites up his arse...I think this is what you were thinking of?

*starring a post-Buck Rogers Erin Gray as Philma Hole and Wilfred Bramble in his final role as "Buckie Plodgers", half-man, half-space chimp

jobotic

Ah yes, that happens because of the betrayal of Count Baltarse. The episode was "The Brown Hole"

Fambo Number Mive

Anyone ever join the Anus Cop UK fanclub? Bit before my time but I heard that the 1977 convention was a highlight.

Mr Eggs

^You got a plug instead of a badge.

Epic Bisto

OMF! Can't believe I've only discovered this thread. I loved Anus Cop!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 30, 2017, 07:00:39 PM
Anyone ever join the Anus Cop UK fanclub? Bit before my time but I heard that the 1977 convention was a highlight.

I went to that convention. It was great, and I even got to meet Nehemiah Schaft. Great lad he was, but never got his due. He could've been the next Matthew Waterhouse.

Jean-Michel McFadden was a right cunt though. The subsequent Yewtree sting was a case of karma in action IMBLO.

BlodwynPig

IMBLO?

If my bottom lapses out?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on November 30, 2017, 04:31:59 PM
Ah yes, that happens because of the betrayal of Count Baltarse. The episode was "The Brown Hole"

Saw the original opening credit montage in France - features Count Baltarse falling through "The (Time) Gape" (bit of a spoiler that one).

Don't know why it was edited for the UK run (they claimed because it was show at tea time on Saturdays and kiddies would see - fuck me, all children had seen arses by the 1980s, nanny state).

Epic Bisto

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 2017, 10:56:51 AM
IMBLO?

If my bottom lapses out?

You remember that catchphrase too? Shame it didn't catch on, because Dark Round The Edges (S6 E13) is one of the most underrated episodes. Kevin Allin, John Nettles and Bartrop Wogan were excellent in that one and delivered that line with gusto.

BlodwynPig

I feel a Space Anus (ABC, 1979) sub-thread would be a bit gluttonous.

jobotic

Anyone remember the episode in which Charlton Heston guest starred as the president of the National Rectum Association?

edit: found it - "From My Cold Dead Anus". (s5)

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on December 09, 2017, 11:44:14 AM
Anyone remember the episode in which Charlton Heston guest starred as the president of the National Rectum Association?

edit: found it - "From My Cold Dead Anus". (s5)

The closing montage of "Buns We Lost This Year" was very moving. Pretty sure it was that ep, think it was something to do with the drafting of the Hughes Amendment?

Ferris

Scrolling through the higher numbers in my satellite package to find hockey and what do I see at 11pm on Wednesday on the obscure North American "Venture +1" channel?! It's only a feature long double episode from the original run of Anus Cop! Glad to see it's still doing the syndication rounds & making money for all involved, though fuck knows who is watching it at this hour.

Watched a couple mins, don't remember the ep but it must be fairly early because the Ring-Sting Gang are still the main antagonists (they're trying to smuggle extra strength Sri Lankan Vindaloo through customs and into the Miami municipal water supply). AC won't be having that, I reckon!

It's too late for me to watch the whole thing but it's made me nostalgic to go through my hard drive and see if I can find the episode. Maybe over the weekend.

Fambo Number Mive

The Simpsons Anus Cop parody was quite well done. Series 23 I think.

Epic Bisto

Eamonn Holmes' entire persona is inspired by the Lieutenant Glans character in Anus Cop. True story.

Anyone remember that episode of Trisha when she had all those Anus Cop impersonators on, including the lady Anus Cop and the Asian Anus Cop? I think Greg Dyke must have been gunning hard to buy the rights for Channel 5, but the deal died on its arse.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 14, 2017, 04:34:24 AM
Scrolling through the higher numbers in my satellite package to find hockey and what do I see at 11pm on Wednesday on the obscure North American "Venture +1" channel?! It's only a feature long double episode from the original run of Anus Cop! Glad to see it's still doing the syndication rounds & making money for all involved, though fuck knows who is watching it at this hour.

Watched a couple mins, don't remember the ep but it must be fairly early because the Ring-Sting Gang are still the main antagonists (they're trying to smuggle extra strength Sri Lankan Vindaloo through customs and into the Miami municipal water supply). AC won't be having that, I reckon!

It's too late for me to watch the whole thing but it's made me nostalgic to go through my hard drive and see if I can find the episode. Maybe over the weekend.

It's on Alibi in the UK over the Christmas period. Must be a revival of sorts....but why? Do the bigwigs in TV scheduling read CaB?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 14, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
It's on Alibi in the UK over the Christmas period. Must be a revival of sorts....but why? Do the bigwigs in TV scheduling read CaB?

Probably a multi-region sydication license sold cheap ahead of the end of 2017, usually done to extract the last few drops of value before finally selling the rights to Netflix. Went for buttons, in all likelihood.

I'd love to see a reboot once the licensing is written off. Paddy Considine would make a great Detective Anus for the new generation.

JoeyBananaduck

Which was that mid-run episode where AC had a ridiculous orange mustache? I always remember the start of that episode because as a kid I thought it was part of a disguise and he was going incognito, but no, the actor had actually grown it. Producers must have had a word because it was gone the following week.

pancreas

Yeah... I think I remember reading an interview where it turned out that wasn't facial hair.

Ferris

It was related to the Tom Selleck feud behind the scenes I think, the actor lost a bet or something. The full story is on google if you can find it, was included in Director Andy Santorum's 1992 autobiography "Anus and Andy" so it's public knowledge.

Lemming

Guys, amazing news, there's talk of the next series of Mystery Science Theater 3000 getting the rights to one of the Anus Cop movies!

Also I forgot to mention it here at the time, but I recently finished off the last series of Anus Cop. Lots of ups and downs and it started to sag a little at the end, but that 12-part finale. Wow. I messed up the viewing order a little because I forgot that you're meant to pause part 10 of the finale at the part where Anus Cop sets off to bust the underground bumming ring, then watch the fifth Anus Cop movie and then unpause the episode and continue watching from there, so there were a few continuity issues for me, but it still all held together wonderfully.