Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst Portrayal Of Real People In Film Ever

Started by Steven, November 22, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Quote from: Phil_A on April 11, 2021, 12:49:49 AM
Cuba Gooding Jnr was astoundingly weird casting as OJ Simpson in American Crime Story. Not only does he not physically resemble him, but doesn't act like him either, his "OJ" is far too emotional, basically always behaving like an obviously guilty man, whereas it seems like the real OJ always had a flat, affectless façade in public like a true psychopath.

It's almost like Gooding Jnr had never seen the real OJ and just had to make a best guess as to how he'd act in any given situation.
I reckon the goal was to capture the way Simpson came across at the time (prior to the murders) in public perception rather than anything specific about him. Most people will have hardly seen Cuba Gooding Jr in years beyond knowing that he's slumming it a bit  compared to where he ussed to be.

Doesn't work at all, but the character is such a non entity it doesn't matter much.

George White

Just reminded of the David Cassidy Story, authorised biopic (there was another one about the Partridge Family in general, but from the POV/authorisation of Danny Bonaduce) https://youtu.be/mDDZiiPlilQ?t=8438 Badly recreates the White City crush, with AFAIK Olivia Hack, the 90s Cindy Brady in the 90s Brady Bunch films, and Rhonda in Hey Arnold as the doomed  Bernadette Whelan. Also a red bus marked Carnaby St going through countryside. Malcolm McDowell as Jack Cassidy