Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite bands

Started by Martian Martian, February 19, 2004, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbish Monkey

eek my favourites change all the time.hmmm....

in no particular order.....
weird war, the bronx, her space holiday, fiery furnances, hawksley workman, mother tongue, dani sicilano, perfect circle, majesticons, cat power, a silver mount zion, bellrays, girls against boys, lamb, dj vadim, rjd2, icarus line, refused, international noise conspiracy, tool, monster magnet, boards of canada, cannible ox, aesop rock, mf doom, pixies, liars, dirtbombs ermm and  many many many more

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"...a gert big long list that amply demonstrates his impeccable taste (with maybe just a couple of exceptions possibly)...

Crikey!

Quote from: "Jim"
Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"...a gert big long list that amply demonstrates his impeccable taste (with maybe just a couple of exceptions possibly)...
Crikey!

you should've seen the ones I left off (to appear cool)

never trust a hippy

bands i like at  the moment and favourites kid 606 john cale  u ziq  circle  can
calaxico  hawkwind aphex twin  califone jeff klien  cardiacs queens of the stoneage lambchop to name a few

morgs

Super Furry Animals, Ben Folds Five, Marillion (Fish and post-Fish, particularly post-Fish!), Crowded House, Radiohead, Blink 182, St Etienne, They Might Be Giants, Green Day, Chili Peppers, Air, Half Man Half Biscuit now and again, and many many more probably

easytarget

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"which you can find out about here.
I'll put them in my soulseek shares if you like - just let me know.

Cheers for that. I've been meaning to install soulseek on my machine for ages, this sounds like a good reason.

sore bottom mum

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Neil"Rapidly losing patience with you...  If those are serious contributions then why not take out the masses of blank space?

Yes, sorry. drunk.

Neil

Rapidly losing patience with you...  If those are serious contributions then why not take out the masses of blank space?

Silver SurferGhost

Go on then, forum harmony, cautious *Martian probe* of truce, and all that...

Bonzo Dog Band (inc Viv Stanshall, Neil Innes, Rutles etc), Robyn Hitchcock (inc The Soft Boys and The Egyptians),
Syd Barrett (and Pink Floyd), The Kinks, The Beatles, The Who, The Small Faces, The Faces (and Ronnie Lane),
The Pretty Things, 60s Psychedelia, Velvet Underground (and Cale, Reed and Tucker), Paul Roland,
XTC (and The Dukes), The Stranglers, Tom Waits (weird period), The Jam, Stan Ridgway (and Wall of Voodoo),
60s and 70s Bowie, David Devant and His Spirit Wife, Nick Cave, They Might Be Giants, Pulp, Nick Drake,
The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Beta Band, Moloko, Danielle Dax (!), Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias,
Tripping Daisy (not sure about the Spree yet), The Divine Comedy (when he was worshipping at Scott Walker's feet), Beck,
and so on and on and on...

Owt good from anywhere anytime, basically.
Those were just off the top of my confused old head.
Some are eternal favourites, while some are probably only passing fancies.

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"...Manfred Mann...
Yeah, I never understood why you were so defensive about them in that thread of yours, they're great.
Have you heard the Up The Junction soundtrack album? Get it, it's an absolute classic (D'Abo era).

A Passing Turk Slipper

In no order: The Clash, The Who, NOFX, The Misfits (old with Danzig not the shitty new metal crap), The Specials, The Jam, Beatles, REM, Buzzcocks, Undertones, Stiff Little Fingers, Dead Kennedys, Nirvana, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Black Flag, Blur, The Pogues, Radiohead, Ramones, Madness, Beastie Boys. I could go on all day, I like most things.

The KLF, Jam & Spoon, Orbital, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Utah Saints, Outkast, Apollo 440, PSB, Planet Funk, Goldfrapp, Peaches, Simple Minds

smoker

Quote from: "sore bottom mum"Anything that 'Smoker' listens to... because he looks so cool.

back atcha

currently:

the distillers, damian lazarus, air's alpha beta gaga, soundtrack to harold and maude, unkle

want to make time for:

jon spencer blues explosion's acme, rancid's out come the wolves, hail to the thief