Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers Infinity War

Started by Lord Mandrake, November 28, 2017, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mandrake

No, the trailer hasn't dropped yet however it seems to be imminent and I had to be sure I didn't dream this >MINOR SPOILER AHEAD<

In the recently leaked footage it appears the newest and most unlikely addition to the MCU is......

None other than...

Dr Tobias Funke, self blued and complete with never nude cut-offs. He can briefly be seen as one of the Collectors, collection. It cannot get any better than that.

samadriel

surreal

Love the trailer, may be the only one I watch as I'd like to go in pretty fresh for this

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Here is the trailer. https://youtu.be/6ZfuNTqbHE8

I should be too old for this. I'm not.

Swoz_MK

I like the Spidey-Sense, Thanos' Eddie Izzard face and seeing the GotG again.

spock rogers

Thanos looks a bit too Phil Mitchell. They could have given him a fancy helmet to make him less like a big fat lad in a vest.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

My only particular concern is how Thor will fit in with the Guardians of the Galaxy, given that Ragnarok saw him acting more like Starlord.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: spock rogers on November 29, 2017, 03:15:18 PM
Thanos looks a bit too Phil Mitchell. They could have given him a fancy helmet to make him less like a big fat lad in a vest.

Yeah, the rest of the trailer's great but Thanos is all a bit underwhelming, and all too obviously CGI as well which takes me out of the reality of the piece.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

At first I thought that, but then on reflection I decided that the bad guy looks exactly as I'd expect a purple headed meat head alien to look like in real life.

Mister Six

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 29, 2017, 04:51:22 PM
Yeah, the rest of the trailer's great but Thanos is all a bit underwhelming, and all too obviously CGI as well which takes me out of the reality of the piece.

The CGI won't be finished at this early stage. Unfinished VFX are a mainstay of trailers these days.

I don't like the redesign of Thanos - he just looks like a wrestler with an unfortunate chin beard - but the rest of that trailer looks spot on.

I'm a bit concerned that it might end up a bit like The Avengers 2, with too many characters being juggled around and the whole thing devolving into a generic brawl against faceless, grey CGI drones.

However, it's being handled by the fellas who managed to squeeze intros for Black Panther and Spider-Man into Captain America 3 without it seeming too cramped so they've got good form.

I'm also not bothered about Thor and Star Lord being too similar (they're both blokey, jokey characters but there's a level of obliviousness and braggadocio that distinguishes Thor from the smarter, more vulnerable Peter) but I wonder if having the main jokey dayglow characters up in space and the angsty Stark/Cap/Panther characters on Earth for much of the film (I assume) will lead to it being a bit unbalanced.

I imagine they'll tone down the cartoonist aspects of the cosmic characters to compensate.

Spiteface

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 29, 2017, 04:51:22 PM

No one gets to slag off the CGI on Steppenwolf in Justice League if they think Thanos looks any good. At least Steppenwolf didn't sit on a chair doing fuck all for 5 years.

I wanted to be excited for this, but sweet jesus it leaves me cold.

Mister Six

As I said, that FX work will be unfinished at this stage. It'll be polished heavily before release.

I do think the redesign is disappointingly mundane though.

Old:

New:

newbridge

I'm glad to see Rich Piana finished his scenes as Thanos before he died (RIP)

Glebe

Nice trailer, but yeah, the redesigned Thanos is a bit annoying... he now looks more like a bouncer more than an intergalactic super-villain. And whither the blueness?

Btw, poor old Sam L. Jackson's been written out of the picture a bit, hasn't he?

greenman

The weakness of these ultra villain like characters tends to be though that they could so far down the "xtreme cool badass" design route that there lacking in much personality, seems like they want to get as much of Brolin's motion captured performance as possible.

Bazooka

Quote from: newbridge on November 30, 2017, 02:36:11 AM
I'm glad to see Rich Piana finished his scenes as Thanos before he died (RIP)

Excellent.

colacentral

I'm looking forward to it, but this first part will likely be pretty predictable. Thanos travels all over fucking everyone up, kills a few D-listers, gets all the stones. That's the cliffhanger. I'm more interested in seeing where they go in part two.

I've not liked either of the previous Avengers films, but mainly because I hate Whedon's writing. With that cunt gone, and the Civil War blokes in, not to mention a bit of Spider-man action, I have much higher hopes for this one.

lipsink

Surely they have to kill off a main character for the cliffhanger. My moneys on Stark.

Obel

I'm predicting a few deaths. My predictions are as follows:

Stark
Cap Am
Black Widow
Vision
Scarlett Witch

colacentral

If they do that though they'll just be bringing them back to life in part two with the magic glove, surely.

Lord Mandrake

I think we will see the demise of;

Nebula
Don Cheadle
Bucky
Vision
Loki
Glenn Close
Pepper
Drax
Funke

Bazooka

This Thanos lad, what is his gimmick? If he can only punch well, then I have zero interest in this. The last Marvel film I watched was Captain America 4 I think and it was just punch, punch, block, punch , block for the entire two hours.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Mister Six

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on November 30, 2017, 08:33:47 PM
I think we will see the demise of;

Nebula
Don Cheadle
Bucky
Vision
Loki
Glenn Close
Pepper
Drax
Funke

Nebula and Drax both have specific beefs with Thanos so one or the other needs to survive in order to deliver the narratively satisfying killing blow.

My money's on Nebula carking it, giving Gamorra a THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL motivation for the sequel.

Glebe

It look's like Vision gets whacked in the trailer, no?

Lord Mandrake

Whilst I reckon Vision will ultimately cark it, that trailer bit is misdirection.

phantom_power

We see Vision in human form in the trailer so something is going on there

greenman

He's still got the stone in his head there though.

Of the big names my guess would be Stark, the characters been in a ton of films now and has a lot of "reflective" shots in the trailer.

colacentral

Yeah. Downey Jr is expensive, and the character got engaged at the end of Spider-Man so we'll probably see the old "he was one day from retirement" cliche. I'm guessing it will set up the "coming together as a team" trope for the sequel too as they'll perhaps be directionless without Tony (maybe that doesn't bode well for Captain America either).

It might be notable that Iron Man isn't in that Wakanda scene but the Hulk is, despite them both being in New York earlier in the trailer and that appearing to be where Hulk first crashes to Earth after whatever happens on Thor's space ship.

This film's cliffhanger: all appears to be lost, until, out of the darkness, a glowing orange light and the revving of an engine: it's Ghost Rider.

colacentral

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind Howard the Duck getting involved.