Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:37:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers Infinity War

Started by Lord Mandrake, November 28, 2017, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mandrake

New page Infinity cunt

Of course the other thing that's been introduced in Dr Strange and Antman is multiple dimensions and time travel. I can imagine a scenario where Captain America ends up back with Peggy in his own time rather than getting killed off outright and with Antman and the Wasp now filming the MCU is going multiverse/cosmic. Charachters like Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and possibly Namor are all incoming so they are going to have to lose some heroes just to make room.

I know the tv charachters never cross over but I would love to see Frank just turn up and fuck up at least a few of Thanos crew with heavy artillery.

greenman

Doctor Strange is being played as a very similar character to Stark as well plus seems to be being pushed into a leading role in the Avengers,  potential replacement?

phantom_power

I predict that there will be a huge shake-up of the Avengers team, regardless of who dies. I wouldn't be surprised if only a couple of members of the original team remain, to be replaced by Dr Strange, Ant-Man and maybe a couple of the GotG.

I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing all these different characters meeting and bouncing off each other for the first time. The way Ant-Man and Spiderman were threaded into Civil War in such a pleasing way gives me confidence that the Russos know what they are doing

surreal

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on December 01, 2017, 09:09:17 AM
I can imagine a scenario where Captain America ends up back with Peggy in his own time rather than getting killed off outright

That would be interesting if instead of destroying everything it became a "none of this ever happened" situation, until people start having deja vu or something to realise the timeline has changed.

colacentral

It's interesting that the trailer doesn't show Ant-Man when Ant-Man & the Wasp comes out between these next two Avengers films.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They're just too small to see.

Dr Rock

I'm not sure what powers getting the Infinity Stones gives Thanos, but he is basically very strong and invulnerable. This means most of the heroes in it can't hurt him, but Dr Strange could do a spell on him, or Ant-Man could shrink him down to the size of a bit of salt, which might help.

mothman

Quote from: colacentral on December 01, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
In all seriousness I wouldn't mind Howard the Duck getting involved.

Perhaps he'll get his own armour suit. Iron Duck.

Mister Six

Spiteface

Quote from: Bazooka on November 30, 2017, 08:49:01 PM
This Thanos lad, what is his gimmick? If he can only punch well, then I have zero interest in this. The last Marvel film I watched was Captain America 4 I think and it was just punch, punch, block, punch , block for the entire two hours.

He's no Starfish Hitler.

mothman

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: colacentral on December 01, 2017, 01:45:15 PM
It's interesting that the trailer doesn't show Ant-Man when Ant-Man & the Wasp comes out between these next two Avengers films.
I read somewhere that Ant-Man & the Wasp is set between CA3 and Infinity War. Presumably it explains how he gets back together with the Pyms after escaping that big prison thing in the ocean.

Twit 2

Everyone posting in this thread should kill themselves.

Phil_A

That wasn't very nice, was it. You should probably think carefully about throwing that kind of shit around on a forum where a few people have really taken their own lives, it's not really appropriate mate.

Glebe

Quote from: Phil_A on December 04, 2017, 10:07:53 PM
That wasn't very nice, was it. You should probably think carefully about throwing that kind of shit around on a forum where a few people have really taken their own lives, it's not really appropriate mate.

I second that.

Bazooka

Bit bored of them using the same old Marvel classic characters, when you such a varied roster to choose from:

Glebe

Quote from: Bazooka on December 05, 2017, 10:58:39 AM
Bit bored of them using the same old Marvel classic characters, when you such a varied roster to choose from:

Is that a shrek on the far right there? That's a nasty lookin' shrek.

Bad Ambassador

Don't forget the Ninja Turtles and Lightning McQueen!

Operty1

'Sense Of Right Alliance' they have a 'sense' that what they are doing is right.

Sounds like something the Daily Mail have as some kind of special page in their 'Paper'.

Blumf

"Superman, why are you pummelling that man?"
"Not sure really, just kinda feels like the thing to do, ya know? Ain't that right, Batman?"
"Trust your gut, that's what I always say"

Thomas

The more I read on CaB about this interweaving, brightly coloured, episodic universe of comic characters, the more I find myself tempted to actually watch some of it. How long are the films? 90 minutes each? Manageable? I won't have to sit through a load of three-hour Iron Mans, will I?

Bad Ambassador

They're generally two-and-a-bit hours. Thor: The Dark World is shortest at 112 minutes and Captain America: Civil War was the longest at 147 minutes, but it has a LOT of characters so it doesn't feel as long.

FAKE EDIT: The 17 Marvel Cinematic Universe films to date have an average length of 127 minutes, says the Internet.

Thomas

Thanks, Bad Ambassador. That's a pretty lengthy average. I might skip a few of the less well-received episodes and just skim their plots on Wikipedia. I'm mostly intrigued by the settings of yer Captain Americas and Guardians of the Galaxys.

Theremin

Here's my list of the only Marvel films you need to see*, in order.

1) Iron Man

2) Guardians of the Galaxy

3) Thor

4) The Avengers

5) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6) Guardians of the Galaxy 2

7) Iron Man 3

8) Captain America: Civil War

9) Thor: Ragnarok

Aaaand that's all you need to be caught up for Avengers: Infinity War next year. You might have the occasional minor character pop out of seemingly nowhere, but you're cutting out a looot of bumpf this way.

Additional Reading (just for fun):

- Spider-Man: Homecoming

- Ant Man

- The Incredible Hulk

- Captain America: The First Avenger

- Doctor Strange

*Based on the two most important film characteritics, FUN and BREVITY.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Thomas on December 05, 2017, 07:29:21 PM
Thanks, Bad Ambassador. That's a pretty lengthy average. I might skip a few of the less well-received episodes and just skim their plots on Wikipedia. I'm mostly intrigued by the settings of yer Captain Americas and Guardians of the Galaxys.

That's about the length of a 70s era Bond film, and without credits it's definitely under two hours.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Theremin on December 05, 2017, 08:02:44 PM
Here's my list of the only Marvel films you need to see*, in order.

1) Iron Man

2) Guardians of the Galaxy

3) Thor

4) The Avengers

5) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6) Guardians of the Galaxy 2

7) Iron Man 3

8) Captain America: Civil War

9) Thor: Ragnarok

Aaaand that's all you need to be caught up for Avengers: Infinity War next year. You might have the occasional minor character pop out of seemingly nowhere, but you're cutting out a looot of bumpf this way.

Additional Reading (just for fun):

- Spider-Man: Homecoming

- Ant Man

- The Incredible Hulk

- Captain America: The First Avenger

- Doctor Strange

*Based on the two most important film characteritics, FUN and BREVITY.
Avengers: Age Of Ultron doesn't really fit your criteria, but should probably be watched too, if you're trying to get up to speed on the universe. It has a lot of story development in it and lays the groundwork for everything that happens in Civil War, and presumably Avengers 3 & 4 too.

Custard

Good list, but I don't think Guardians 2 is a necessity either. I enjoyed it in the cinema, but some of it actively annoyed me, rewatching it the other day. Bit too bloated, and nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is. The first one was much better, I'm starting to think

Glebe

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 05, 2017, 10:22:03 PM
Good list, but I don't think Guardians 2 is a necessity either. I enjoyed it in the cinema, but some of it actively annoyed me, rewatching it the other day. Bit too bloated, and nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is. The first one was much better, I'm starting to think

Yep, it definitely coasts a bit, the first one is much better methinks.

greenman

Yep I'd say Ultron needs to be viewed for Civil War and Thor Ragnarok to make sense, parts of it are decent anyway even if its a bit of a mess overall.