Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers Infinity War

Started by Lord Mandrake, November 28, 2017, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

I enjoyed Ultron a lot more the second time I saw it. It has the patented Marvel finale problem but apart from that it is a good film

Paaaaul

Quote from: phantom_power on December 06, 2017, 07:26:31 AM
I enjoyed Ultron a lot more the second time I saw it. It has the patented Marvel finale problem but apart from that it is a good film

I think it has the same problem as GOTG 2 - a saggy middle.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: phantom_power on December 06, 2017, 07:26:31 AM

My problem with Ultron is that the smugness levels seemed to be turned up quite a bit (although I wonder if that was on purpose? To show how complacent the superheroes had become?), and the main villain himself seemed to have a bit of weak rationale for his actions: "I've just been born, oops look how bad humanity can be, I better kill them all to maintain the peace".

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on December 06, 2017, 03:21:33 PMthe main villain himself seemed to have a bit of weak rationale for his actions: "I've just been born, oops look how bad humanity can be, I better kill them all to maintain the peace".
He should have learned the lessons of Skynet, certainly.

Mister Six

The idea in the trailers was good - "You want to save the world but you don't want it to change" - but I don't see how that translates into "throw a city at the world like a meteor".

That and it was trying too hard to service the franchise rather than tell a story. Cap 3 managed that balance wonderfully so I'm very happy the Russos are helming Infinity War.

Glebe

New pic:

I'm hopeful that this'll be at least a bit more fun than Age of Ultron. Meanwhile:

6 Fox Superheroes That Could Actually Cameo In Avengers 4.

Hmmm... I wonder if they'll stick a few former Fox-Marvel lads in before release...

The Roofdog

I've never read a comic with Ian Thanos in. What storylines is this likely to draw on?

samadriel

magval

Aye, I just reread Infinity Gauntlet yesterday and I fucking love it. There's a good collection of Silver Surfer issues you can get that leads right into it, too, but most of the other surrounding material is pants.

Dr Rock

He turns up in The Death Of Captain Marvel, which was the first ever Graphic Novel. Gets a bit forgotten these days, but it's pretty good.

Dr Rock

And as far as I know he actually stays dead, unlike every other character they've ever killed off except for Uncle Ben (Bucky was part of that group for ages, until the Winter Soldier).

newbridge

Quote from: samadriel on January 04, 2018, 06:31:08 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet

No wonder Disney is going with this storyline:

QuoteThanos decides to offer the entity a gift of love by completing a task she had given him: erasing half the older Marvel films in the universe (including most of the X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four)

All joking aside, I do love these MCU movies though. I'm interested to see what the plot of the Infinity War movie is, since we haven't even met Adam Warlock yet and it would seem weird to make Karen Gillan's Nebula the ultimate heroine of the movie.

phantom_power

It will be interesting to see how much set-up Black Panther does. I think in the main it will be pretty self contained but I am sure I heard from somewhere that it does shake things up a bit for the MCU

Mister Six

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 04, 2018, 04:48:45 PM
He turns up in The Death Of Captain Marvel, which was the first ever Graphic Novel.

Eh? Surely that's

Mister Six

Quote from: newbridge on January 05, 2018, 02:01:15 AM
it would seem weird to make Karen Gillan's Nebula the ultimate heroine of the movie.

I'd be very happy with that, to be honest. Nebula's got better cause than almost anyone (Drax being the only stiff competition) to get to be the one to off her dad, and it's a nice character arc: lackey, rebel, hero.

Also the MCU is disappointingly male-focused, so letting her be the big hero would be nice.

mothman

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mister Six on January 06, 2018, 02:20:19 PM
Eh? Surely that's

Oh yeah, you're right. I've got that too, I love Will Eisner but my favourite stuff is The Spirit.