Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Started by Shay Chaise, December 01, 2017, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falafel

Really, really can't get over on the videos I've seen where every fight sounds like your irritating nephew is randomly hammering away at a fighting game soundboard app. Do you get used to this or just play with the sound off?

You kind of block it out. It's an absolute cacophony. I think you can limit the vocal interjections and exclamations but I suspect that would just make the individual comments easier to hear.

Kelvin

year, you just get immune to it, and the absolute worst ones were patched out. 

falafel

Reminds me of the horrible speech sounds in Okami that you can't turn off. It seems such a fundamental decision that I can only imagine that it is deliberate, so the mind boggles.

In Dragon Age Inquisition there was inevitably some repetition but it was shitably bland so all I can really remember is Dorian going 'Ha! I could do this all day!' every five minutes, which is lucky because he did.

Consignia

Just finished the DLC for this. It's alright. Bit of a slog, since there's loads of artificial lengthening by forcing you to do loads of side quests. But it does mix up mechanics a bit, which brings a bit of life into the game. And if you found the original cast annoying, they are far more subdued in this installment.

But it just wore me down at the end. The last battle is really long, with a bunch of phases. The boss was down to slither of health and hit me with a bullshit attack which resulted in a game over. I just couldn't be arsed, so knocked the difficulty down just to get it over with. Which is a shame since it was a breath of fresh air early on, to leave on such a sour note.