Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eastenders

Started by neardark, December 05, 2017, 08:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

I'm really into Bernadette and Tiff. I really hope Kate Oates doesn't come in and reduce it to Bernie being confused and lonely. It's probably the bravest pairing they've done since Sonia and Martin. Young people are always judged on looks. To watch something deep and meaningful develop between Bernie and Tiff is something I'd expect of Hollyoaks. I think the show could be on to a winner if they keep this thing going.

I knew straight away that girl was Ray's daughter. But why has Mel forgotten that when she returned to the square it was because Ray was keeping her son hostage and refusing to let her see him until she repaid some debt?

Ian and Jean? I never saw it coming. Saying that when I did glance around the square for a potential new Mrs Beale I strongly considered Karen Taylor. Both shouty, stubborn types. The thought of the Taylor kids filling 45 just seemed right to me. I'm really not sure how Jean and Ian will work together. Ian rarely does compassion and tolerance. Something Jean needs in bucket loads.

Shane Richie already doing my head in. Not his fault. It's the writers for making him capable of doing whatever the fuck he wants. His antics just overtake everything and its tiring.

Malcy

Yeah the Tiffany & Bernadette stuff is great. The shifty gang stuff not so much. Xmas at the Slaters is due to be a big one. Ian is going to be there as well which should be hilarious.

The Mel stuff is a bit hit or miss. I knew she would be his daughter as well. All a bit predictable.

MuteBanana

Is Mick getting out in time for Christmas?

Malcy

MuteBanana

I really thought that was the moment for Tiff and Bernie. Tiff you can't mess with peoples heads like that.

Her friend Evie btw is a very very sexy woman.

Hayley has been looking so scared and vulnerable lately. Then we hear she's calling the baby Cherry. Alfie's Mum was called Cherry. So basically Alfie pushed her into naming it after his Mum. What a fucking prick he is. I hope he dies this Christmas.

Epic Bisto

A friend of a friend of a nutcase once gave Sid Owen a lapdance.

There's some EastEnders-related desolation for you.

MuteBanana

They are really pushing the Alfie as a bad dude angle now. I'm convinced he's dead this Christmas. I just hope the grief drives Kat to kill herself so we can be rid of the Moons forever.

I've hated and felt sorry for how Martin Fowler has seen his home taken over by the Slaters. This is the man who puts food on the table and pays the bills. I read someones theory that last year the writers thought viewers would go for a Stacey Max reunion and didn't realise how popular Martin and Stacey were. That basically Martin wasn't in their plans for all of this. I'm convinced this is why they killed off Abi, so both Max and Stacey would have a death that was because of their actions on their conscious.

To make matters worse instead of rebuilding the Beale family they're shoving Ian into the Slaters now.

After the waste they made of the Wilmott-Brown's I'd like a new middle class family with some staying power.

I've love to see Cindy's daughter return and her father Nick Holland along with some other Holland family members like some grandparents. Build up a family to begin a long running feud with the Beales.

Nowhere Man

I haven't watched in ages but last I remember Kat was being a right moody cunt to everyone. Didn't she whip off Martin Fowler's towel and all the Slaters had a right good laugh at his nob? Heartwarming stuff.

MuteBanana

Kate Oates first batch of recruits has been announced.

Billy's granddaughter Lola is returning. Shes the one who got pregnant by her gay cousin Ben Mitchell and then hooked up with his "brother" Jay. Expect lots of grandparent arguments between Phil and Kathy over granddaughter Lexi.

Arsham and Mariam's granddaughters have been cast. One newcomer and one brief ex-Hollyoaks actress playing the sisters. Sound like a Ronnie Roxy replacement.

And the Taylors unseen daughter Chantelle is rocking up. Nobody has been cast yet.

Glad to see Lola back. She got badly treated by the show and then axed just as Kathy was returning which made no sense. I'm guessing this will set up Ben to return and finally give a damn about his daughter. Probably return to find Jay has adopted her as his own.

Glebe

I haven't watched it in ages, but I might give the Christmas Day edition a look!

The Evening of Dec 25th: Fuck me, that was depressing.

MuteBanana

Dyer in his absolute element tonight. They need to keep up this mixture of Frank Butcher/Phil Mitchell because its what Dyer does best.

Malcy

Lisa is back in the second BBC podcast audio drama thing. Set in 2003 and tells the story of how Mel met Ray.

Agreed on Dyer. He's proper 'man out for revenge' mode. Did he really kill Stuart though? I hope not. He's an entertaining villain. Reminds me of Daniel Mays' character from 'Ashes To Ashes'.

MuteBanana

I doubt he did kill Stuart but I expect he'll die by the end of the year.

Champ has great chemistry with Kellie Bright, especially behind the bar. Remove his bad vibes and I was completely buying him as landlord. 

Never heard of this podcast thing. So is it fictional then? Like the spin off novels?

Malcy

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 23, 2018, 06:53:44 PM
I doubt he did kill Stuart but I expect he'll die by the end of the year.

Champ has great chemistry with Kellie Bright, especially behind the bar. Remove his bad vibes and I was completely buying him as landlord. 

Never heard of this podcast thing. So is it fictional then? Like the spin off novels?
Yeah they've been produced to fill in gaps in the stories. The first one is a Kat, Alfie & Haley one set in Spain last year or whenever it was they were there and Kat had the fling with Alfie's Russian business partner.

I don't know how many they are doing but I can see them having a couple of surprises up their sleeves.

MuteBanana

After DTC fucked with the history and did Redwater I guess they felt the need to fill in the blanks.

Speaking of spin offs I watched one of those Gogglebox type things they did with Pam St Clement and Barbara Windsor. Enjoyable. Too much favoured towards Peggy but it was good. Might check out the others today.

MuteBanana

Here we go. Some clips of greatness for Christmas. Not Christmas related though.

Phil Mitchell dances with Ethel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPMYWRWBchc

Ethel tearing shit up at Frank and Pats wedding
https://youtu.be/0c4NjRD3mps?t=38

Sean Slater destroys legendary Walford gangster Johnny Allen
https://youtu.be/VdK9p5lFwC8?t=304

Stacey beats up Janine
https://youtu.be/dSA3nJLjrH0?t=172

Lou Beale gives her family some advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ULQXR5ZI0s

jobotic

Malcy

Brilliantly acted. Put Corrie and Emmerdale chrimbo episodes tp shame. Phil and Rainie on the karaoke was hilarious. Thought they were back on the crack.

It looks like there could be a Max/Stacey rekindling again. I could do without a drawn out story though. Just get them together. They should have been all these years anyway.

Kat's downward spiral was a tough watch. She plays the hurt character really well. Didn't expect Hayley to be the one to chuck Alfie down the stairs.

Phil was great comedy value on xmas eve as well. His facial expressions while he was pulling down Kim's knickers were a joy to watch.

jobotic

Yeah she is a good actor. Most of the time completely wasted when Kat's just being Kat in the background. Her line to Alfie about how "you think things about me that would never say" really got me.

Has she done anything else? Apart from shitty Rearenders spin offs?

Uncle TechTip

She was excellent as Pat Phoenix in that Coronation Street origin drama.

Catalogue Trousers

EastEnders will never be any good again unless they get some cast members with enormous whammers in. BRING BACK ELLEN THOMAS

ASFTSN

Watched Christmas special, still love Kat. 10/10.

jobotic

It was interesting and moving until all this dead Alfie bollocks, now it's just run of the mill soap shite.

jobotic

finnquark

Godawful, poorly acted shite

buttgammon

That was atrocious. It's a shame, because I thought Kat was terrific in the Christmas Day episode, but her interesting (and important) backstory will now be overshadowed by some more baby-stealing bollocks. Still, at least it wasn't a mental woman who snatched a baby this time.

The way these things have worked for the last few years, there are normally two big storylines over Christmas - one that peaks on Christmas Day/Boxing Day and another that culminates over the New Year, so I suppose we have some Carter stuff (probably a 'who killed Stewart' whodunnit too) to look forward to.

Malcy

New year spoilers in white.

Mel & Ray's wedding and a body in a shallow grave is the storyline. And I think Stuart is sticking around for a while yet

buttgammon

Malcy

Ben is coming back with Lola and sprog and he's regenerated again. Sean Slater is also returning played by the same actor.

Nowhere Man

That's way too many regenerations for Ben. Also, he's always been a right speccy little geeky twat, why are they making him all sexy looking? Doesn't go with his personality.

Reminder that these were the last Ben's.