Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Perfect Tens

Started by alan nagsworth, December 05, 2017, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Quote from: Howj Begg on December 09, 2017, 07:39:00 PMShuggie Otis - Inspiration Information

Allow me to also write YES

Sebastian Cobb

Parliament - Mothership Connection
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (what's great about this is it doesn't really matter if it's on a good system where you can hear all the concurrent guitar tracks, or a transit with 2 inch speakers)
Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters / Man Child
Jimmy McGriff - Electric Funk / The Worm
808 State: 808: 90
Unkle - Psyence Fiction (the skit doesn't count imo)
Creedence - Willy and the Poor Boys
Gill Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - It's your World
Leftfield - Leftism

king_tubby

Roy*Mallard

Art Of Noise - The Ambient Collection - remix cd (by Orb members) of non-Horn/Morley era material to capitalise on the ambient boom. Lovely from start to finish, with sound effects panning from right to left to enhance the 'ambience'.
The Pretty Things - Emotions - very underrated, pre-psychedelia album. The band hated it at the time and i think still do. The producer bought in renowned arranger Reg Tilsley to add horns and strings, which give the record a lot of energy. Great songs, great pre-psychedelic classic.
F.U.2. - Punk Rock / Depressions - great fake punk album, made by early-mid 60's rockers The Downliners Sect and recorded/released in 1977. Made to order for a label that wanted a generic punk album to put out, it's a belter from start to finish. Look it up and if anyone had a cd release of it that they want to flog to me, please get in touch.
Steve Hilllage - Rainbow Dome Musick - when i have a headache, this always does the job.
Prince - Lovesexy - i could have also added 'Parade', but this is a joy from start to finish.
The Fall - 27 Points - there are weak parts to this mid-90s double live album, but it is a fantastic patchwork of material that just flows really well.
Kraftwerk - Techno Pop/Electric Cafe - i think this is a hugely underrated album and it gets a lot more plays than the recognised Kraftwerk classics.

Sebastian Cobb

king_tubby

I have a massive problem with Arab Strap but the version of New Birds on that is one of the best songs I have ever heard.

Sebastian Cobb

I love them. Piglet on this is great as well.

itsfredtitmus

greenman

On the live side I'd say the concert half of Ummagumma is the best thing Floyd ever released officially.

itsfredtitmus

Repeater

Spiderland, yep, perfect.

itsfredtitmus

madness - rise and fall

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 09, 2017, 10:09:19 PM

Leftfield - Leftism

Hell yes! I personally would say Rhythm and Stealth is a 9.9.

wosl

Blue Bell Knoll.  Heaven Or Las Vegas often gets cited ahead of this, but BBK's tracks play qualitative keepie-uppie to an even more bewitching degree - a perfectly unbroken sequence of sky-rockets from a band in their can't-put-a-foot-wrong-but-not-yet-blase prime.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on December 10, 2017, 11:33:33 AM
Hell yes! I personally would say Rhythm and Stealth is a 9.9.

Yeah it's great but not just quite as good. They seem to be like the chemical brothers in that every album gets marginally less good, but they've not released enough to be shit.

king_tubby

Quote from: greenman on December 10, 2017, 09:01:59 AM
On the live side I'd say the concert half of Ummagumma is the best thing Floyd ever released officially.

Yes.

king_tubby

Ironically the studio bits of that are all self indulgent wank, apart from Grantchester Meadows.

king_tubby

I also cannot find any fault in In On The Kill Taker.

Dr Syntax Head

The soundtrack to Into The Wild by Eddie Vedder is objectively a perfect ten.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: king_tubby on December 10, 2017, 09:25:02 PM
I also cannot find any fault in In On The Kill Taker.

True. I'm struggling to think of downsides to The Argument, too.

thraxx

I can't remember who on here turned me onto this record, but it's mindblowing:

Deffo a perfect 10.

Endicott

Quote from: bgmnts on December 06, 2017, 10:40:06 PM
Rush - 2112
For me, anyway. Would probably add one or two more Rush albums but I held restraint.

Caress of Steel.

Endicott

All the way through no skipping required.

The Beat - I Just Can't Stop It (12/12)

The B-52s - Wild Planet (9/9)

Genesis - Genesis Live (1973) (5/5)

Joni Mitchell - Blue (10/10)

Love - Forever Changes (11/11)

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (9/9)

non capisco

Quote from: Endicott on December 13, 2017, 04:46:35 PM
All the way through no skipping required.
The Beat - I Just Can't Stop It (12/12)

I've become obsessed with this album since Simon Price bigged it up on the last episode of 'Chart Music'. It's an absolute peach, isn't it?