Author Topic: Star Trek 4 by Quentin Tarantino?  (Read 3644 times)

Re: Star Trek 4 by Quentin Tarantino?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
We find out Kirk's bathroom habits in detail, while afrofuturist funk plays.

kalowski

• Sooner or later
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »
Check out the big brain on Spock.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 12:25:23 AM »
The Mutara System. Check out the big brain on Spock.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
Hand me my bat’leth - it’s the one that says ‘BAD MOTHERFUCKER’ on it...

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 09:06:32 AM »
(which makes me contemplate the notion of Samuel L. playing a Klingon, and now I want this film to happen even more)

St_Eddie

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »
(which makes me contemplate the notion of Samuel L. playing a Klingon, and now I want this film to happen even more)

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 09:54:56 AM »
I thought it was medically impossible to get excited by the prospect of Samuel L Jackson in 2018

(To be fair he's been good in a few things recently, particularly Hateful Eight, those Kong and Tarzan movies, and dare I say the Robocop remake)

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 12:31:53 PM »
He's not the pop culture draw he once was, but he's always good value could do quite a menacing turn if required - think his Jackie Brown and Djsngo Unchained characters combined.

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
Eh, not sure I can go with always good value, he phones it in a lot and has for at least 15 years.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »
This has gone a bit tits up. Both Chris Pine and Christopher Hemsworth supposedly out due to not wanting a pay cut.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-trek/news/a863693/star-trek-4-chris-pine-chris-hemsworth-quit/

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 07:14:36 AM »
The QT film’s - which would be ST5 - relationship with the Kelvinverse is a bit nebulous anyway. People have taken a few vague comments to imply his great idea was one for the alternate universe crew, which feels a bit odd to me.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2018, 12:54:15 PM »
The QT film’s - which would be ST5 - relationship with the Kelvinverse is a bit nebulous anyway. People have taken a few vague comments to imply his great idea was one for the alternate universe crew, which feels a bit odd to me.

I doubt the rest of the cast have much of a clue what's happening with the 5th film. Some seem to know nothing, others have said it was pitched as a Kelvinverse film and others say it's not.

I don't think it will ever come about really.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »
Exactly. I’d still like to see QT’s take on Trek but the odds keep re-stacking up against it. The idea it’d be a Kelvinverse film seems nonsensical and based on utterances by cast members who probably don’t have a clue, usually made during press junkets and red carpets for other things they’ve done (and thus the last place they’d want to be talking Star Trek). And usually then reported breathlessly by Trekmovie who have form at puting two and two together to get five.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »
Karl Urban says Tarantino's story idea is 'bananas' and confirms it's a Kelvinverse cast film.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/09/02/karl-urban-says-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek-idea-is-bananas-needs-r-rating-for-horror-of-space/

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 01:35:38 PM »
Karl Urban says Tarantino's story idea is 'bananas' and confirms it's a Kelvinverse cast film.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/09/02/karl-urban-says-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek-idea-is-bananas-needs-r-rating-for-horror-of-space/

I'd be amazed if this ever happens, can't imagine Paramount being happy with the idea of a R rated Trek film either.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »
Still no news on the 4th film. Urban said during the week that he's heard nothing. Makes me think do we even need or want any more. CBS are making so much Trek now that it seems pointless to make any.

Paramount will probably want to cash in on it but with so much Trek available by the time they pull their finger out will people even care about a film?

https://trekmovie.com/2018/10/10/karl-urban-wants-to-know-whats-up-with-star-trek-4-director-christopher-mcquarrie-interested-in-franchise/

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 06:58:38 AM »
At this stage I think they'd be more sensible to go the other direction and return to the style of the originals, make a Wrath of Khan style cold war sub film with a new crew

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:53 AM »
Yeah but they’ve already remade TWoK twice, as Nemesis and Into Darkness, and few would disagree they’re two of the worst in the franchise.