Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,401
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The spermicide to the cock of lies

Started by Chris Campion, February 19, 2004, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Campion

Right, just thought I'd let you know Peter Baynam has been spotted twice in last week by two of my "friends".
One of these people later admitted that Peter was editing some kind of progam at the same place where Black Books is edited.
As we all know Baynam (87) has never learned his native language and so when he was approached merely let out some qirlish howl. So it was immposible for my operatives to discover the nature of his current project.
Maybe someone out there could enlighren me.
PS I'd dearly like to know what Chris is up to right now, I'm sure this infomarion could easily be gleened from some dark corner of your web hole but I just can't be arsed
Arsed arsed arsed

Chris Sable

Darrell

This isn't the place for sub-Morris bollocks. It's a discussion board. If you've got something to say, say it normally otherwise you'll just look a tit.

Baynham's still working on I Am Not An Animal, so that'll be the thing you mention.

Neil

Ta for that.  Regards Morris, he's still fannying about with the Charlie Brooker vehicle, Nathan Barley, which he's directing (and almost certainly writing).  There's bugger all info about it really, the pilot has been finished and a couple of people who have seen it have been quoted as saying "It's the best thing he's ever done" but presumably they're from Talkback so, yknow.  The guy who passed that on did say they were reliable types.  I think we're all just sitting round twiddling our thumbs and waiting for him to get back on the radio really.

You can find the old updates here for more:
http://chilled.cream.org/vw/viewforum.php?f=13

Rats

Can't we ban darrell from the comedy forum? He's swaggering about like he owns the joint and his mac smells.

Darrell

Quote from: "Rats"Can't we ban darrell from the comedy forum? He's swaggering about like he owns the joint and his mac smells.

It was polite by my standards!

Neil

You could try softening it with "no offense, but..." or somesuch.  You do let yourself down from time to time with your people skills.  It's a shame.

<awaits pot,kettle,black gif>

imitationleather

How about changing the name of Comedy Chat to Aspie Chat?

Chris Campion

For some unknown reason I thought the comedy chat would be lighthearted, but there you go.
WE ARE ALL SUB-CHRIS MORRIS, so what would you have us all do?
I promise that the next time I write a sub-Morris joke I'll commit ritual suicide, for this reason this will be my final post.

Darrell

Quote from: "Chris Campion"For some unknown reason I thought the comedy chat would be lighthearted, but there you go.

It is lighthearted, but it's not Stars In Their Eyes, and tonight you're not Chris Morris.

Rats

Yeah you'd think that wouldn't you, this is like an elitest gentlemans club for spods, try general bullshit. We're launching an attack next week, make sure you're in the right forum.

Darrell

Quote from: "Rats"We're launching an attack next week, make sure you're in the right forum.

Yeah, that'll teach 'em!!1111

Godzilla Bankrolls

Thing is, Chris, this is a place for talking about comedy in a serious way, not for trying to be funny.

And Chris Morris is just this funny bloke, you know.

This forum isn't elitist at all - I've only been posting here for a week or two, and I've not been shouted at yet. However, Rats (I'm not sure if you are being serious or not) but your comment implies that GB is elitist too.

TOCMFIC

Rats

Rats

imitationleather

Wasn't 'The Funky Gibbon' by The Goodies the worst TOTP performence EVAAAH?

Yes, yes it was.

Frinky

Quote from: "Darrell"This isn't the place for sub-Morris bollocks. It's a discussion board. If you've got something to say, say it normally otherwise you'll just look a tit.

You ever thought that maybe you're the reason people avoid comedy chat?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Don't be a big jessie. Are you scared of Darrell or something? He's passionate, and that's much better than being inane.

falafel

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Don't be a big jessie. Are you scared of Darrell or something? He's passionate, and that's much better than being inane.

What about people who are inanely passionate (that is to say, anal)?

Not that I'm suggesting Darrell is anal.

But I suppose it's better to be anal than boring.

(troll over)
(Sorry - this is indefensible tripe - but I'm bored, and you don't know me. This is a waste of a thread anyway.)

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Don't be a big jessie. Are you scared of Darrell or something? He's passionate, and that's much better than being inane.

Perhaps it's more to do with getting tangled-up in never ending, unresovable arguments. He's very scary as well, so that may have something to do with it. A tall, dark introspective character some say.

Darrell

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"He's very scary as well, so that may have something to do with it. A tall, dark introspective character some say.

One of these days, I will kill you.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Chris Campion"For some unknown reason I thought the comedy chat would be lighthearted, but there you go.
I promise that the next time I write a sub-Morris joke I'll commit ritual suicide, for this reason this will be my final post.

TraceyQ

Oooh, that bag's pretty snazzy, I've been looking for one like that... where did you get it?

bespoke

QuoteThing is, Chris, this is a place for talking about comedy in a serious way, not for trying to be funny.

It's alright if it's done with a bit of wit and sparkle, a joyless breakdown of the balance sheet of comedy would make a very dull read.

Neil

No, it wouldn't!

I don't get people who think you have to be funny just because you're talking about comedy.  Do these same people sing about their favourite bands to others?

Rats

humour is a way of spicing up conversation, keeping things flowing, keeping arguments jovial and making boring things interesting, you always see lecturers trying and failing to crack a joke. I don't see why things have to be discussed so po-faced and seriously, regardless of the subject. Why was this thread moved out of comedy chat? I'm asking whoever moved it here, I'm guessing it wasn't you nelly.
I don't have a problem with people who want to discuss comedy seriously, I have a problem with people who refuse to take it lightly, and throw threads out of their forum because they're not full of starch.

Neil

Well it was me!  I'm not meant to but I couldn't help it, the forum was kicking last night and I didn't want silly threads bringing it down.  This thread was descending into GD stuff, and that's where it deserved to go.  

I don't mind people joking either, but these days I know exactly what TJ used to mean about chattiness getting in the way of a discussion.  When there's a heated debate the last thing you need is some willy posting up the lyrics to Funky Moped or something, y'know?  This GD forum is for chattiness, but somewhere like Comedy Chat is for discussing comedy, not trying to create it, as we've went over at length in the "Chris Morris Is Round My House!" thread.  

It's annoying when there's a good debate going and then people bugger up the flow of the thread by barging in to do their Colin Hunt impressions.  Not aiming that at anyone here, VW is nowhere near as bad as that as other fourms, but I have seen many a good discussion get ruined by people posting their funny little skits (in other forums, I mean).

TJ is/was right, people should stick to the discussion at hand.  Don't you think?

Rats

I don't think that, no, but I realise my opinion doesn't change anything, I'll tread more carefully in comedy chat. Sorry for posting funky gibbon, the "Rats (I'm not sure if you are being serious or not)" made me snap :)

Neil

Well, see I've seen what happens when people *don't* stick to the subject, it's not pretty.  Comedy Chat is an excellent read at the minute and I'm determined to keep it that way.  Wasn't having a go at you specifically, the whole thread wasn't about comedy so it deserved to go in here!  I'm really just trying to keep the place from sliding down into in-joke and catchphrase wankery.