Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Cat Person"

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, December 12, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Shaky on January 11, 2018, 05:34:23 AM
Have to admit I quite liked this story. It's heavy handed by the end but it gets it's point across. However, I just assumed we're not really supposed to like either protagonist. Robert is obviously a bell-end but Margot's not portrayed in the greatest light either, that bit Newbridge quotes being a case in point.

Yeah, I've read a few things saying he's the bad guy but I don't think she comes across at all well. I've been in sort of (vaguely) similar situations in my sporadic dating career and can actually understand why he lets rip at the end. Is it worse to call someone a rude word or to mess them about? Depends on the circumstances as far as I'm concerned.

New page mad cat man.

Icehaven

Alright a non-facetious point; does anyone else think turning up at the bar is worse than the abusive texts? I mean we all know that 99% of the nasty shit people say to each other in texts/social media messages would never be said face to face and often aren't meant, they're bursts of drunk and/or angry feelings that the sender might even regret, and you can always block them if you want to. Turning up alone to a bar you wouldn't otherwise set foot in to try and see a girl who first ghosted you, then (as far as you know) quite rudely directly rejected you is much more discomfiting, to my mind anyway.

Norton Canes

The guy is such a shit. I mean he's got board games in his flat. How much more blatant a signpost does Martina need?