Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,326
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:59:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The evisceration of Jim Davidson

Started by Utter Shit, December 13, 2017, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Kelvin on December 15, 2017, 01:06:45 AMOnly the other bloke seemed unwilling to get involved.

The repressed guilt at his lack of action would resurface four years later, causing him to completely fuck up this notorious live performance.

Isnt Anything

let bygones be bygones

at least for now

ieXush2i

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on December 15, 2017, 03:37:09 AM
The Dowling clip is genuinely upsetting to this day, to me. Brian has the wimpy and effeminate thing that rubs some people up the wrong way (particularly people of Davidson's generation), and I suppose he's less of a bona fide 'celeb' than him but that's no defence. Dowling's so clearly actually upset and Jim just sits their like a cold, emotionless bully who doesn't have so much as a passing acquaintance with empathy.

I don't agree that his teammates or whatever they are don't rally round him though. The women in particular are supportive.

God I've met so many men like Davidson in that clip. Bullying cunts who act shocked and condescending when called out, with a load of gaslighting and "now I'm the victim!" fale equivalency.

genuine fucking cunt cunt cunt

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I have a friend with a long history of depression who insists that Jim Davidson was put on this Earth to help people maintain their mental health. What you do is, you think of what a worthless piece of skin Jim Davidson is, and your self estimation rises in comparison. Like a flipped-over version of the Saviour. Which I suppose would be literally the Antichrist.

I also just tried to access Jim Davidson's website at work, only for a pageblock to come saying :" The requested website is categorised as "Humor/Jokes".

Your algorithm's busted, mate.

Jobey

Thanks to you pricks I've been watching endless reruns of Big Break on Youtube.
Desolation personified.

Cuellar

Yeah, I've had the feeble 'music hall' song from Sinderella in my head for a day now. Especially the Rabbi's verse. What's the joke there? Rabbi's perform circumcisions? They dress funny? I am trying to step out of my PC Snowflake mentality and find the joke, but I'm struggling.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

And Rabbis don't even perform circumcisions, my sources in the synagogue tell me.

Yes, they don't know I have a mohel in their organisation.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on December 15, 2017, 01:08:12 PM
And Rabbis don't even perform circumcisions, my sources in the synagogue tell me.

Yes, they don't know I have a mohel in their organisation.

I know this from 'Porky's 2: The Next Day'.

Wanking, yes, but learning too....

Cuellar

But apparently a mohel CAN BE a rabbi.

But this dive into Jewish ritual hasn't made the joke any clearer.

I.D. Smith

Quote from: kalowski on December 15, 2017, 06:38:27 AM
What the actual fuck?

In 1998 if someone had told me that in 2017 I'd be posting a link to a video of Jim Davidson from Big Break singing Hello by Lionel Richie as he descends a staircase, whilst him from The Thin Blue Line and the baddie from Con Air watch on, I would've went "fair enough"

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on December 15, 2017, 10:29:42 AM
I have a friend with a long history of depression who insists that Jim Davidson was put on this Earth to help people maintain their mental health. What you do is, you think of what a worthless piece of skin Jim Davidson is, and your self estimation rises in comparison. Like a flipped-over version of the Saviour. Which I suppose would be literally the Antichrist.

That's funny shit and your mate sounds like a good egg. Should get him on here.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: I.D. Smith on December 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM
In 1998 if someone had told me that in 2017 I'd be posting a link to a video of Jim Davidson from Big Break singing Hello by Lionel Richie as he descends a staircase, whilst him from The Thin Blue Line and the baddie from Con Air watch on, I would've went "fair enough"

It's a bit like Rule 34. Any form of entertainment you can think of, there's a clip of Jim Davidson doing it.

Glebe

Quote from: I.D. Smith on December 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM

It's the Circle of Life.

Nik-nik.

Namtab

Always manages to be an immensely weird moment when he turns up in A Zed and Two Noughts. Which is quite an astonishing achievement really considering how fucked up the rest of it is.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Phil_A on December 13, 2017, 06:43:34 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but Louis is a thoroughly good egg and a fine drummer.

He can be extremely bullish in his opinions which can get people's backs up who don't know him. But honestly, he's a sweetheart.

Yeah, won't have a word against Louis Barfe. Lovely fella!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: jenna appleseed on December 14, 2017, 08:40:29 AM
There's a Jim Davidson music album? fucks sake.
https://www.discogs.com/Jim-Davidson-The-Jim-Davidson-Album/release/6538556

B2   Prologue
Written-By – Jeff Lynne
B3   Twilight
Written-By – Jeff Lynne

sweet merciful jesus...

Artemis

Quote from: Here Comes Mongo on December 15, 2017, 12:45:10 AM
The other people sitting round the table did an amazingly bad job of sticking up for 'Gay Boy lol' bloke.

If anything, the editors of that show (whatever it was) were to blame. I'm sure lots of things were said by everyone around the table, but they chose to focus on the incendiary, because Ratings. In honesty, the same could be said of the 'homophobic' remarks - if the wider context of that conversation was to include both Brian and Jim using such phrases to emphasise different points, his use of the phrase would have been far less worse than it would seem taking it out of context from that.

'Reality' television is among the worst examples to judge reality.

Jockice

Quote from: Artemis on December 17, 2017, 09:36:44 AM
If anything, the editors of that show (whatever it was) were to blame. I'm sure lots of things were said by everyone around the table, but they chose to focus on the incendiary, because Ratings. In honesty, the same could be said of the 'homophobic' remarks - if the wider context of that conversation was to include both Brian and Jim using such phrases to emphasise different points, his use of the phrase would have been far less worse than it would seem taking it out of context from that.

'Reality' television is among the worst examples to judge reality.

I was thinking about that myself. I'm no Davidson fan (and didn't see the programme) but it seems to me unlikely that he'd just start going on about 'shirtlfters' totally out of the blue.

madhair60

Does anyone have that Jim Davidson album and if so, can they please rip it? Or at the very least "Twilight". I have to hear this.

finnquark

Quote from: Jobey on December 15, 2017, 10:40:55 AM
Thanks to you pricks I've been watching endless reruns of Big Break on Youtube.
Desolation personified.

If you come across the one where he greets a wheelchair bound contestant with the cheeky line 'I see you've brought your own chair!', can you let me know?

Famous Mortimer

Is his podcast (all...one? two? episodes of it) still available?

Namtab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2QgRnHCpdY

First ten minutes of this are essentially him just saying how shit women are, with very little in the way of actual jokes, however meagre.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Namtab on December 17, 2017, 06:45:16 PM

First ten minutes of this are essentially him just saying how shit women are, with very little in the way of actual jokes, however meagre.

Fuck me is that Silvio Berlusconi @ 3:42?

https://youtu.be/e2QgRnHCpdY?t=221

Jakey Chesterton

Fuckin hell the comments on that:

michael overy
just watched this and that twat hatton did not laugh,wanker of Liverpool

That's some mood to be in after over an hour of ruddy good no nonsense laffs!

The Mac
says the bloke who's got a video on his account called "why milk is bad for you" hahaha what a drippy cunt.you must lead such a miserable life.

Mal big
So says the fucking thud that thinks Jim Davidson is actually funny. Go and boil yer heid ye fannybaws cunt.

The Mac
Mal big get back to watching videos on milk.hahaha.seriously what a drippy cunt.youre embarrassing

Hahaha, milk video cunt! AHAHAHA!!

bgmnts

Fuck me that's rough watching.

I'm trying to figure out if being jim davidson would be hell or bliss.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: bgmnts on December 17, 2017, 10:45:31 PMI'm trying to figure out if being jim davidson would be hell or bliss.

hell, judging by his remarkable room 101 appearance. the man is a cunt full of demons AND HE KNOWS IT almost feel sorry for the fucker but no.

ieXush2i

I recall he said he hated Paul Daniels, because he was better with women than he was, and tried to put Richard Madeley in because he's a soyboy/cuck/isn't all squeamish about menstruation.