Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The evisceration of Jim Davidson

Started by Utter Shit, December 13, 2017, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 18, 2017, 01:17:40 AM
lol at 'thud'`

haha yeah that was pretty good, might have to use that

NEW PAGE APPEAL any word on getting those ELO tracks off the Davidson album? I want to know if Davidson's on vocoder on Prologue

bgmnts

Quote from: Isnt Anything on December 18, 2017, 01:57:41 PM
hell, judging by his remarkable room 101 appearance. the man is a cunt full of demons AND HE KNOWS IT almost feel sorry for the fucker but no.

Never seen that, that would be a watch.

I do just feel to be that ignorant and vile without any real seeming problem with it must be pretty freeing.

Chriddof

So, a channel I'm subscribed to on Youtube that uploads entire full old ad breaks and other continuity related stuff has uploaded the bits around a programme which, in retrospect, makes no real sense at all - Jim Davidson's Top Pop Videos Of '85. Broadcast at 1pm on Christmas Day on ITV (or at least it was on Thames), possibly against that year's Xmas Top Of The Pops in an utterly misguided attempt to steal some pop-crazed youngsters away from BBC1. (I think in a later year they tried it again, but instead got some comedians who young people might have actually liked - French & Saunders, I believe.) Most of the programme has been cut away in favour of the ads, but some small slivers have been left behind at the start and ends of these vids:

Thames trailer, Adverts & Philip Elsmore in vision 25th December 1985 4 of 7 (features horrifying programme caption 40 secs in)
Thames adverts 25th December 1985 5 of 7 (What the fuck is he up to with those binoculars?)

There's also these additional videos later on in the show's broadcast from which Nick Nick has been thoroughly expunged, but the adverts and everything else are worth watching:

Thames adverts 25th December 1985 6 of 7 (I like that library music they're using here, shame it's for this show)
Thames trailer, adverts & Philip Elsmore in vision 25th December 1985 7 of 7 (ends proceedings on a video that, strictly speaking, is not a top pop video of '85)

...erm, Merry Christmas, I guess?

Glebe

Comic Jim Davidson coming back to Dundee 'to get money I'm owed'.

Talk about a reversal... it's usually those miserly Scots who are the skinflints!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Fair play to Derek Hatton in that video, he's sitting there quite plainly thinking " You're not funny, mate. ".

Rich Uncle Skeleton

JoeyBananaduck

Bloody hell, a Jim Davidson cover of Tell Laura I Love Her. I've seen it all now.

Oops! Wrong Planet

I think that's the album that has his version of California Man on it, with Zak Starkey on drums.

It features a reggae section with guest vocals by his mate Chalkie. (You think I'm joking?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7di01k9Hs )

Jobey

Big Break has got to be the bleakest show ever made.
How did it ever get 7,000 series on the air?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on December 18, 2017, 02:33:28 PM
NEW PAGE APPEAL any word on getting those ELO tracks off the Davidson album?

Colossal bump , sorry, but someone uploaded it to youtube at last.

https://youtu.be/HEMDjuz5gcY

About as bad as you might expect. Competent enough backing track presumably knocked out quickly by some hired guns with a bland vocal and the small comfort that you can convince yourself those backing singers are repeatedly yelling out "twat!" in the second  verse.

Mister Six

Don't apologise for the bump - this thread is a delight that I missed the first time around. Thank you!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 13, 2017, 01:06:25 PM
At this point in proceedings, Baron Hardon disappears from the story. Given Drake's performance, sleepwalking through muttered lines with the disdain of a man reading recently-discovered letters from his wife to her secret lover, presumably he was in the dressing room writing his suicide note, and cursing the fact he's not tall enough to sling a belt over the light fitting. Though when he does return, it's immediately obvious just how he spent that time [does the charades mime for 'necking back a load of booze'].

That's some high-grade stuff.  Surely this person is on CaB.
I think (based on when we were both on the same wrestling forum) he went by Sickboy, and there's a Sickboy on here - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=120 - but I'm not sure it's him, as all this Sickboy did was ask for torrents of TV shows. And hasn't posted in 8 years.

franticplanet

Yeah, that's not me.

QuoteSurely this person is on CaB.

I was on here pretty much since the beginning, but lost my login details ages ago, so for the last few years, I've just been lurking. Thanks for all the nice comments about me slagging off that salmon-coloured old racist turd.

bgmnts

That's bloody brilliant, fair play to the bloke to sit through that.

kalowski

The best bit is this delightfully captioned photograph.

millwall32

Quote from: Utter Shit on December 13, 2017, 09:52:45 AM
I could have sworn there was a relatively recent Jim Davidson thread but Google suggests nothing since 2014.

Anyway, this review of Jim's critically-acclaimed 1995 sex romp panto Sinderella appeared on my Twitter feed yesterday, and it's bloody brilliant.

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/i-watched-jim-davidsons-adult-panto/
The whole of that guy's blog is brilliant.

neveragain

The article looks great but I've just got up to the point where it talks about Charlie Drake's on-air accident. I've seen many talking heads on the subject down the years but have never heard that it was intentional because Charlie 'was acting like a nob'.

petril

I've had to double check via wikipedia and make sure I can differentiate Charlie Drake and Charlie Williams for some reason

Jake Thingray

Rather doubt that the dreaded Davidson would have been friends with Charlie Williams.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: millwall32 on February 24, 2021, 02:08:22 PM
The whole of that guy's blog is brilliant.

The Shitcoms series is particularly good, in particular his review of Bottle Boys, which sounds ghastly: https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2019/01/09/bottle-boys/