Author Topic: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out  (Read 101466 times)

a duncandisorderly

• the rough and tumble of the internet
Re: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out
« Reply #1260 on: November 04, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »
"square pegs", the early 80s show that starred a teenaged sarah jessica parker, was cancelled by michael grade when he found out that the cast (the girls especially) were caning drugs on set, something witnessed by gerry casale of devo when he was guest-starring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_Pegs#Series_cancellation

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
Re: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out
« Reply #1261 on: November 05, 2019, 09:56:53 AM »
Princess Margaret was cremated at Slough Crematorium.

« Reply #1262 on: November 05, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »
Princess Margaret was cremated at Slough Crematorium.

And she wasn't even dead!

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #1263 on: November 05, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
The shark in 12 Oz Mouse is the same one that can be seen in the opening credits of Sealab 2021.

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • ...and I really do mean that.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #1264 on: November 07, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »
The Dagda is an Irish mythological figure, not just a pleasant collection of syllables.

Tales depict the Dagda as a figure of immense power. He is said to own a magic staff, club or mace which could kill nine men with one blow; but with the handle he could return the slain to life. It was called the lorg mór ("the great staff/club/mace") or the lorg anfaid ("the staff/club/mace of wrath"). His magic cauldron was known as the coire ansic ("the un-dry cauldron") and was said to be bottomless, from which no man left unsatisfied.[17] It was said to have a ladle so big that two people could fit in it.[18] Uaithne, also known as "the Four Angled Music", was a richly ornamented magic harp made of oak which, when the Dagda played it, put the seasons in their correct order; other accounts tell of it being used to command the order of battle. He possessed two pigs, one of which was always growing whilst the other was always roasting, and ever-laden fruit trees.

The Dagda was one of the kings of the Tuatha De Danann. The Tuatha Dé Danann are the race of supernatural beings who conquered the Fomorians, who inhabited Ireland previously, prior to the coming of the Milesians. The Mórrígan is often described as his wife, his daughter was Brígh[19], and his lover was Boann, after whom the River Boyne is named, though she was married to Elcmar. Prior to the battle with the Fomorians, he coupled with the goddess of war, the Mórrígan, on Samhain in exchange for a plan of battle.[20][21]

Despite his great power and prestige, the Dagda is sometimes depicted as oafish and crude, even comical, wearing a short, rough tunic that barely covers his rump, dragging his great penis on the ground.

So there you go.

seepage

• throwing a dog at some goblins
« Reply #1265 on: November 07, 2019, 08:37:17 PM »
the volume control in the iPlayer app goes up to 11

a duncandisorderly

• the rough and tumble of the internet
« Reply #1266 on: November 09, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
the volume control in the iPlayer app goes up to 11

knobs going from 0-11 predates TIST by a couple pf decades at least. this vortexion mixer, which I still own & use, for example:

Twed

• What, prick? That's my child. My Johnson's child
« Reply #1267 on: November 10, 2019, 04:54:32 AM »
The shark in 12 Oz Mouse is the same one that can be seen in the opening credits of Sealab 2021.
https://archive.org/details/popularsciencemo04dapprich/page/150

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #1268 on: November 10, 2019, 06:14:34 AM »
Skillet was more obviously a steal from somewhere.

« Reply #1269 on: November 10, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »
Skillet was more obviously a steal from somewhere.

Skills wallet?

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #1270 on: November 10, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
Skillet could play some mean drums. And his wallet was fat.

The Lurker

• Your whole life has led up to you reading this
More people have been to the moon than have won Takeshi’s Castle

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
Something else: More people have been to the moon than have got to have sex with me.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • When the water gets on them the ninnies get rigid
Something else: More people have been to the moon than have got to have sex with me.

People have got to have sex with you? What compels them thusly?

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
The rarity.

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
Fewer people have been to the moon than “prince” Andrew has had pizzas in Woking.