Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

"square pegs", the early 80s show that starred a teenaged sarah jessica parker, was cancelled by michael grade when he found out that the cast (the girls especially) were caning drugs on set, something witnessed by gerry casale of devo when he was guest-starring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_Pegs#Series_cancellation

pigamus

NoSleep

The shark in 12 Oz Mouse is the same one that can be seen in the opening credits of Sealab 2021.

Ferris

The Dagda is an Irish mythological figure, not just a pleasant collection of syllables.

QuoteTales depict the Dagda as a figure of immense power. He is said to own a magic staff, club or mace which could kill nine men with one blow; but with the handle he could return the slain to life. It was called the lorg mór ("the great staff/club/mace") or the lorg anfaid ("the staff/club/mace of wrath"). His magic cauldron was known as the coire ansic ("the un-dry cauldron") and was said to be bottomless, from which no man left unsatisfied.[17] It was said to have a ladle so big that two people could fit in it.[18] Uaithne, also known as "the Four Angled Music", was a richly ornamented magic harp made of oak which, when the Dagda played it, put the seasons in their correct order; other accounts tell of it being used to command the order of battle. He possessed two pigs, one of which was always growing whilst the other was always roasting, and ever-laden fruit trees.

The Dagda was one of the kings of the Tuatha De Danann. The Tuatha Dé Danann are the race of supernatural beings who conquered the Fomorians, who inhabited Ireland previously, prior to the coming of the Milesians. The Mórrígan is often described as his wife, his daughter was Brígh[19], and his lover was Boann, after whom the River Boyne is named, though she was married to Elcmar. Prior to the battle with the Fomorians, he coupled with the goddess of war, the Mórrígan, on Samhain in exchange for a plan of battle.[20][21]

Despite his great power and prestige, the Dagda is sometimes depicted as oafish and crude, even comical, wearing a short, rough tunic that barely covers his rump, dragging his great penis on the ground.

So there you go.

seepage

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: seepage on November 07, 2019, 08:37:17 PM
the volume control in the iPlayer app goes up to 11

knobs going from 0-11 predates TIST by a couple pf decades at least. this vortexion mixer, which I still own & use, for example:

Twed

NoSleep

NoSleep

The Lurker

More people have been to the moon than have won Takeshi's Castle

MojoJojo

Something else: More people have been to the moon than have got to have sex with me.

Paul Calf

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 17, 2019, 12:14:23 PM
Something else: More people have been to the moon than have got to have sex with me.

People have got to have sex with you? What compels them thusly?

touchingcloth

Fewer people have been to the moon than "prince" Andrew has had pizzas in Woking.

kittens

julian assange is australian??? and not swedish or some kind of european??? what the hell

NoSleep

That's quite odd considering how hard it is to acquire copies of La Monte Young's work compared to Terry Riley, Reich, Glass, etc.

You've not heard Terry Riley's "In C", then?

idunnosomename

Neil Diamond wrote I'm a Believer. Maybe this is 0bvious and he was primarily a jobbing songwriter early on rather than a performer. sorry. advice please

greenman

Quote from: NoSleep on November 20, 2019, 06:40:15 PM
That's quite odd considering how hard it is to acquire copies of La Monte Young's work compared to Terry Riley, Reich, Glass, etc.

You've not heard Terry Riley's "In C", then?

Bad joke, pointing out that I only just found out the Orb lifted it for Little Fluffy Clouds "what were the skies like when you were young?"

poodlefaker

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 20, 2019, 07:09:25 PM
Neil Diamond wrote I'm a Believer. Maybe this is 0bvious and he was primarily a jobbing songwriter early on rather than a performer. sorry. advice please
Yes he was, he wrote loads of famous songs. "Red Red Wine". And that other one.

olliebean

Thanks to this article, I just discovered that 1 in 35 films released in the 1960s "showed someone sinking in mud or sand or oozing clay."

gib

Quote from: olliebean on November 22, 2019, 08:33:26 AM
Thanks to this article, I just discovered that 1 in 35 films released in the 1960s "showed someone sinking in mud or sand or oozing clay."

Thanks for that. Better link of same thing http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2010/08/terra_infirma.single.html

touchingcloth

George White

Quote from: olliebean on November 23, 2019, 08:20:57 PM
Bruno Tonioli, from off of Strictly, was in Blake's 7.
as a twink who had been regressed into a Sea Devil.

phantom_power

George Clooney used his Nespresso advert money to launch and maintain a spy satellite to keep an eye on Sudanese war crimes:

https://twitter.com/SimplyTome/status/1199447166642786304