Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

When people refer to watching box sets nowadays the sets are rarely in a box.

New page, wherever I fuck my hat, that's my home. And this should be in the obvious things etc thread...

Quote from: Jockice on November 28, 2019, 12:34:31 PM
When people refer to watching box sets nowadays the sets are rarely in a box.

I quite like that old fashionedness, it's like "dialing" a phone number.

kalowski

The brilliant Kevin Eldon is in the ridiculous Netflix show The Crown

touchingcloth

Legendary funnyman Christopher Guest is married to Jamie Lee Curtis and is a fucking hereditary baron? The Fifth Baron Haden-Guest??? Lord Haden-Guest?????

Cerys

Dr Rock

NoSleep

And died at 60. Must have had some sort of premature ageing gene. Or drank a lot.

Cerys

Or both.

Edit - he started smoking when he was twelve, which can't have helped.

NoSleep

kalowski

Quote from: NoSleep on December 10, 2019, 08:19:59 AM
Works for Nigel Farage (and worked for Barry Norman).
Not that well for Barry, he's dead. (As is John Thaw)

NoSleep

Farage is at least seriously working towards an early grave. Aircraft that don't kill him only make him smoke more.

George White

Quote from: NoSleep on December 10, 2019, 08:10:53 AM
And died at 60. Must have had some sort of premature ageing gene. Or drank a lot.
He was playing police inspectors in his mid-twenties. He's in Strange Report, where the juvenile leads were both older than him.
His Aveleyman entry is interesting. When he smiles, at 22, there's a vaguely young, almost Beckinsale-y quality. That's the thing, when he smiles until c.1974 and if his hair is blackened,  he looks vaguely like someone of his own age, but he obviously wasn't afraid to look old.

Icehaven

Cuellar

Quote from: George White on December 10, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
He was playing police inspectors in his mid-twenties. He's in Strange Report, where the juvenile leads were both older than him.
His Aveleyman entry is interesting. When he smiles, at 22, there's a vaguely young, almost Beckinsale-y quality. That's the thing, when he smiles until c.1974 and if his hair is blackened,  he looks vaguely like someone of his own age, but he obviously wasn't afraid to look old.

Golly! He looks like ex-Wales captain Sam Warburton.

Pseudopath

When you have a kidney transplant, they don't actually remove the non-functioning kidney and just cram the new one in.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pseudopath on December 24, 2019, 09:24:17 AM
When you have a kidney transplant, they don't actually remove the non-functioning kidney and just cram the new one in.

Is it like Indiana Jones where they quickly yank it out and replace it with a bag of sand?

touchingcloth

No, they put an extra one in so you have three kidneys. If your existing kidneys are too fat to have space to fit the third one, they install it round the other side instead.

buttgammon

My cousin's ex has had a few kidney transplants but has neglected his health every time. Last time, they warned him they can't do it again because they're running out of space.

Bobtoo

My mother had a kidney autotransplant before I was born, which involves taking a kidney out and connecting it up somewhere else. It was quite a new procedure at the time and we got a mention in The Lancet for it.

Cerys

kalowski

Woebegotten is not a word. There's woebegone and misbegotten but no woebegotten.

touchingcloth

The last role Christopher Reeve had before he got cunted by a horse was as a paralysed, wheelchair-using cop in Above Suspicion.

Cerys

Oliver Postgate was Angela Lansbury's cousin.  Well, fuck my hat.

Icehaven

Ambient Sheep

And apparently they became really good, if amazingly unlikely, mates.  So much so that when Lynott died it pushed Crowther right over the edge, he started drinking again leading to his eventual demise, so I gather.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on December 31, 2019, 02:27:23 PM
Phil Lynott was married to Leslie Crowther's daughter.

Not being funny or owt, but I always thought that was fairly well known.
It's Maya Rudolph being Minnie Ripperton's daughter that always gets me. She was a musician ( in a band called The Rentals) before she got into the old acting lark, y'know.

The Lurker