Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Loyd Grossman no longer presents Masterchef - and hasn't for fucking ages.

Pseudopath

Pirates didn't wear eye patches because they'd all lost eyeballs in cutlass fights. They wore them to keep one eye permanently adjusted to darkness, so that when they went into the gloom below deck, they could simply swap the patch with the other eye and instantly see what they were doing (such as losing an eyeball in a cutlass fight).

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 05, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
Loyd Grossman no longer presents Masterchef - and hasn't for fucking ages.

He's not been there since they subtly changed the format from something you could enjoy watching into just another reality TV shite.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pseudopath on March 06, 2020, 12:03:32 AM
Pirates didn't wear eye patches because they'd all lost eyeballs in cutlass fights. They wore them to keep one eye permanently adjusted to darkness, so that when they went into the gloom below deck, they could simply swap the patch with the other eye and instantly see what they were doing (such as losing an eyeball in a cutlass fight).

Pirates actually wore eye patches? I call bollocks on that either way - surely it would be better to keep your depth perception on a rolling ship's deck and to just light a lantern below deck.

Quote from: a mum themed chat board three weeks ago
A nursery friend of my 4 yo DS is having a pirate themed birthday party. I'm planning to decline the invite as I don't think it's appropriate for little children, or anyone for that matter, to dress up as a pirate - it's glorifying and sentimentalising criminal men who raped, robbed and murdered.

FFS, piracy used to carry the death penalty until recently! You wouldn't let your child go to a Nazi themed party - I can't see much difference!.

Currently at 32 pages.

Hand Solo

Reposting this as one of the images seems to have f'ed up, and it really did fuck my hat:

Quote from: Hand Solo on March 04, 2020, 06:04:01 PM

Gordon, retired police officer, interests: Lynn, Building Society books, knocking your block off.

Parkin, The Farmer, interests: Polythene, Chickens, Shutting the gate.

Cerys

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 06, 2020, 11:16:05 AM
Quote from: a mum themed chat board three weeks ago
A nursery friend of my 4 yo DS is having a pirate themed birthday party. I'm planning to decline the invite as I don't think it's appropriate for little children, or anyone for that matter, to dress up as a pirate - it's glorifying and sentimentalising criminal men who raped, robbed and murdered.

FFS, piracy used to carry the death penalty until recently! You wouldn't let your child go to a Nazi themed party - I can't see much difference! 
Currently at 32 pages.

If she ever finds out about fairies she'll shit brix.

NoSleep

Cerys

Icehaven

kalowski

olliebean

Quote from: icehaven on March 08, 2020, 03:35:13 PM
There's 123 Wetherspoons in London.

Wrong thread, I presume? (Should be in the desolation thread.)

Pseudopath

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on March 09, 2020, 07:41:20 AM
Brazil nuts are HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE!!!! :-o

Compared to other foods, maybe, but hardly life-threatening doses. I'd be more worried about the levels of selenium.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Hand Solo on March 06, 2020, 11:36:55 AM
Reposting this as one of the images seems to have f'ed up, and it really did fuck my hat:

Whoa, perfect hatfuck! Thanks.

Quote from: icehaven on March 08, 2020, 03:35:13 PM
There's 123 Wetherspoons in London.

And one-and-half times more McDonalds than hospitals in America.

Sean Ymphs

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 13, 2020, 04:32:42 PM

Which does Ronald McDonald House come under?

weekender

'Bread' is short for 'Breadometer', a device used for measuring bread.

touchingcloth

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 13, 2020, 04:32:42 PM

Same in the country, surely?

Quote from: weekender on March 13, 2020, 10:58:06 PM
'Bread' is short for 'Breadometer', a device used for measuring bread.

Breadometer was named for...oh, it was a simple lampoon.

The Bumlord

My hat is completely fucked now! I need a new one.

Cuellar

Jesus fuck

Mr_Simnock

Could someone explain this one?

Anyway, I found out recently that in the Bergerac telly series the police headquarters in it was in fact the Haut de la Garenne peodo children's home, fancy that

Dewt

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 14, 2020, 11:42:06 PM
Could someone explain this one?
The farmer from Withnail and I is Lynn's boyfriend in I'm Alan Partridge series 2. Lots of us a huge fans of both things but didn't realise it was the same actor.

Ferris

Quote from: Dewt on March 14, 2020, 11:56:58 PM
The farmer from Withnail and I is Lynn's boyfriend in I'm Alan Partridge series 2. Lots of us a huge fans of both things but didn't realise it was the same actor.

I thought general consensus was negative on the second season of Withnail and I?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Dewt on March 14, 2020, 11:56:58 PM

wondered if it was something like that. I haven't seen withnail yet but it's seen so hyped up to me over time I can only imagine disappointment awaits, the clips I have seen look a bit tedious too, shame really.

Dewt

JesusAndYourBush

I just learned there was a 3rd Crocodile Dundee film made in 2001 called "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles".  They kept that one quiet, I'd never heard of it until now.

Gulftastic

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 19, 2020, 02:26:47 AM
I just learned there was a 3rd Crocodile Dundee film made in 2001 called "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles".  They kept that one quiet, I'd never heard of it until now.

I think Paul used the slight peak in interest caused by his appearance in the opening (or closing) ceremony of the Sydney Olympics to get it made.

Artie Fufkin

Doesn't he look like that bloke who used to be on Crackerjack (Crackerjack!), Don Maclean