Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

The Lurker

studpuppet

Cuellar

petril

Cerys

Ambient Sheep

Surely the whole Alan Melon thing is a play on famous French actor Alain Delon.

It's nice to know all those teenage years staying up to watch late night French movies on BBC2 weren't for nothing. :-)

Gulftastic

There's an animated TV series based on Kirkman's rather marvellous 'Invincible', comic. This year!

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 12, 2020, 05:00:28 PM
There's an animated TV series based on Kirkman's rather marvellous 'Invincible', comic. This year!
Fuck me! Really?? Awesomeness! Loved Invincible, even though I never finished it.

Norton Canes

Fr.Bigley

Artie Fufkin

Fr.Bigley

Artie Fufkin

touchingcloth

Morton-Tiokol - a name I have always associated with the Challenger disaster due to them being the manufacturers of the fateful O-rings - was formed in 1982 through a merger of Thiokol, a chemical and rocketry company, and Morton, a producer of salt for table and road use. After the disaster the companies de-merged and went back their separate ways, one producing rockets and the other producing salt.

But this time around with Morton manufacturing rocketry and Thiokol producing table salt. Truly bizarre.

petril

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 18, 2020, 01:57:34 PM
'Kia ora' is Maori for 'Stay safe'

and not, as I once thought, Maori for a parade of cartoon racism

Sebastian Cobb

I just watched the 'THE CORN IS RAW' scene from Wargames and was amazed by the guy applying butter to his corn using a piece of bread. Why haven't I thought of that before? Game changer!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 23, 2020, 06:24:30 PM
I just watched the 'THE CORN IS RAW' scene from Wargames and was amazed by the guy applying butter to his corn using a piece of bread. Why haven't I thought of that before? Game changer!

Every time I watch War Games I add corn to my shopping list thanks to that scene, and I usually start watching Ferris Bueller straight after as well (unless I started watching War Games thanks to watching Bueller). Somewhat sexistly the same cannot be said for Breakfast Club or St Elmo's Fire.

Does Broderick have the same bedroom in both films? They've definitely become one in my memory.

Sebastian Cobb

Nah, Ferris' bedroom is notable because it has tens of thousands worth of audio equipment in it, including an Emulator II sampler synth (which he uses to play the cough samples).

Wired did an article on it.
https://www.wired.com/2014/11/ferris-bueller-movie-gadgets/

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 24, 2020, 02:57:02 PM
Nah, Ferris' bedroom is notable because it has tens of thousands worth of audio equipment in it, including an Emulator II sampler synth (which he uses to play the cough samples).

Wired did an article on it.
https://www.wired.com/2014/11/ferris-bueller-movie-gadgets/

Thought people were discussing my bedroom there. Was like "wtf"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 24, 2020, 03:11:29 PM
Thought people were discussing my bedroom there. Was like "wtf"

Imagine if you did sleep in a room identical to that.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 24, 2020, 03:12:33 PM
Imagine if you did sleep in a room identical to that.

It'd mean giving the wife and child the heave-ho, but for a Gretsch White Falcon and original Fender Bassman I'd have to give it proper consideration.

Sebastian Cobb

Who needs a wife when you can paint a naked lady on your IBM XT?

Ferris

Icehaven

Queen Victoria only inherited the throne because her father's three older brothers all died with no legitimate children, and her father died while his brother was still king. It's the equivalent of Prince Edward's daughter becoming queen after Charles if Charles, Anne and Andrew had no kids and all Charles' siblings died before he did.

touchingcloth

Could the contents of Bueller's room have been sold to cover the cost of Cameron's dad's car?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 24, 2020, 10:00:32 PM
Could the contents of Bueller's room have been sold to cover the cost of Cameron's dad's car?

We talking the value of an actual 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder, or the mock-up they made out of an MG?