Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:07:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 21, 2020, 11:52:56 AM
Richmond meatless Irish sausages are much nicer than Linda's overpriced bangers.

Are they nothing like their meat sausages? Because those are fucking toilet.

DrGreggles

The Bumlord

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 21, 2020, 01:07:54 PM
Are they nothing like their meat sausages? Because those are fucking toilet.

Yah, it's got to be the 70% outdoor-reared acorn-fed pork with cracked Tellicherry pepper and organic quinoa or nothing, darling. Isn't it nice to have sausages that really taste of sausages?

Dex Sawash

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 21, 2020, 04:02:30 PM
Yah, it's got to be the 70% outdoor-reared acorn-fed pork with cracked Tellicherry pepper and organic quinoa or nothing, darling. Isn't it nice to have sausages that really taste of sausages?

There's no need to misrepresent me as some sort of pretentious wanker who only eats fancy sausages, I don't mind cheap/basic sausages however Richmond sausages aren't particularly cheap yet are still fucking toilet.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 21, 2020, 07:05:16 PM
There's no need to misrepresent me as some sort of pretentious wanker who only eats fancy sausages, I don't mind cheap/basic sausages however Richmond sausages aren't particularly cheap yet are still fucking toilet.

They're awful sausages. I think the first time I bought them was at university when I was poor and only just finding my feet in the kitchen, but even then I found them shite. They have that brown, smooth uniform cylindrical appearance of a cheap sausage, so that earned them a tick, but I remember them being bland as fuck. A cheap shite sausage has its place - service station sausage butties, mainly - but Richmonds fail to pass even that threshold somehow.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 19, 2020, 08:12:22 PM
That surprises me a bit; one of the reasons I know they're still a thing is because the sausages seem to be quite well received on here when vegetarian chat crops up.

I do like her sausages but I recently tried her fake fishcakes. The worst thing I've ever put in my mouth in my entire life. And that includes the time my dad made me chips when mum was away and brought me out the ketchup that had been sitting on the kitchen windowsill for the previous week. In the height of summer.  That must be approaching four decades ago and I can still taste it. I managed one small nibble of the fishcakes before chucking them out. I immediately realised my mistake, unlike with the tomato sauce. Yum yum, a lovely chip buttle smothered in ketch...aaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 21, 2020, 04:02:30 PM

Known to be utter dogshit many years before being a foodie wanker was a thing.

Paul Calf

Saying you don't like them is fine, but "Known to be dogshit" is a bit fucking dense, isn't it?

NoSleep

Arguing over sausages, the most processed of foods, is like arguing about which storey is best to jump from a building. Best avoided altogether.

gib

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 21, 2020, 11:52:56 AM
Richmond meatless Irish sausages are much nicer than Linda's overpriced bangers.

Just tried these today after seeing your recommendation and these are now my favourite sausages, so thanks.

pigamus

Richmond sausages are indeed shit and taste of nothing. And unlike Pukka Pies it's not because they've taken half the salt out - they were always shit and tasted of nothing.

bgmnts

One day, around 234 million years ago, it rained.

And didn't stop raining.

For 2 million years.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: bgmnts on June 24, 2020, 02:10:34 PM

And didn't stop raining.

For 2 million years.

Forest Gump was never that good at maths. Big ol FAT rain.

DrGreggles

And didn't stop raining.

Is that bit from the Skelmersdale Herald?

Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

And didn't stop raining.

For 2 million years.

Surely it's always raining somewhere in the world?

bgmnts

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on June 24, 2020, 03:16:25 PM

This is true, I should clarify that it rained all over Pangaea for 2 mil years.

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on June 24, 2020, 03:16:25 PM

It's the same cloud as well. They get blown around by the wind.

olliebean

Presumably there must have been somewhere it wasn't raining. Unless it was raining upwards.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NoSleep on June 23, 2020, 01:25:32 PM
Arguing over sausages, the most processed of foods, is like arguing about which storey is best to jump from a building. Best avoided altogether.

They need some gristle and taste of hog anus otherwise they're just rusk paste.

Paul Calf

Quote from: NoSleep on June 23, 2020, 01:25:32 PM

I've told you a million times...

Ferris

Surely the best storey to jump out of a building is (objectively) the ground floor?

NoSleep

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 26, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
Surely the best storey to jump out of a building is (objectively) the ground floor?

i.e. The no-sausage option.

Ferris

pigamus