Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

(Rabbits, that is. Not magicians)

Edit: New page COMPLETELY FUCKED THAT OVER didn't it

bgmnts

The difference between a stoat and a weasel is that the line of fur where the brown meets the white is jagged on a weasel but straight on a stoat.

I was told that one is weasily identified and the other's stoatally different.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Special K on October 19, 2020, 09:59:54 PM
You can't hum if you're holding your nose.

hatfucked

Y'know that thing where you roll your tongue, where some people can do it and others can't do it because of genes? Where you turn your tongue into a kind of trough shape?

If you can do it, try to do it without using your lips. Even fewer people can do that, but there are some folk out there who don't need to use their lips to fold their tongue.

Ferris

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: bgmnts on October 21, 2020, 09:48:48 AM
The difference between a stoat and a weasel is that the line of fur where the brown meets the white is jagged on a weasel but straight on a stoat.
Stoats in cold places go white in winter, weasels don't. Which is useful if you're willing to take the stoat to Scotland and wait 6 months.

Stoats also have a black end to their tail, which tends to be bushier at the end rather than tapering.

dissolute ocelot

^Clearly that weasel is not in a cold place. I can't be held responsible for the dubious fashion sense of Polish mustelids.

(Rules about colour change only apply in the UK, in different parts of the world weasels do different things in winter.)

kittens

NoSleep

Hand Solo

Quote from: NoSleep on October 21, 2020, 08:36:49 PM
That would not be humming then, but aahhing.

I can still do it by transferring the vibration from my throat to my lips, it's not a lip trill but the same humming sensation.

Ferris

Quote from: NoSleep on October 21, 2020, 08:36:49 PM
That would not be humming then, but aahhing.

You can do like a Wallace from Wallace and gromit face and it still works.

I'm skiving off work like mad.

Hand Solo

I want to hold Phil Minton's noise..

...in a vice, during a gig.

EDIT

Actually typed nose but auto-correct gone and fucked it. But holding his noise works too, in a Ghost Trap or something for later radioactive disposal?

olliebean

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 21, 2020, 10:11:48 AM
hatfucked

Y'know that thing where you roll your tongue, where some people can do it and others can't do it because of genes? Where you turn your tongue into a kind of trough shape?

If you can do it, try to do it without using your lips. Even fewer people can do that, but there are some folk out there who don't need to use their lips to fold their tongue.

What do you mean by "using your lips?" I can roll my tongue, but I can't work out how using my lips would help.

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on October 21, 2020, 10:47:01 PM
What do you mean by "using your lips?" I can roll my tongue, but I can't work out how using my lips would help.

It doesn't feel like I'm using my tongue, but the sides of my tongue very lightly brush the far sides of the inside of my top lip when I focus on what I'm doing. If I try and not touch the lips, I can't roll.

pigamus

JaDanketies

Hold your lips apart with your fingers, like you're doing the 'My dad's a banker and he banks all day" schoolyard joke, and then try to roll your tongue.

Brian Freeze

It doesnt say how you have to hold your nose when humming; or even if you have to hold it shut does it?

By "it" I probably mean Phillip Schofield.

kittens

i most definitely am humming with my nose held and my mouth open. there can be no question of that.

touchingcloth

If you squeeze down hard on your glans it is impossible to fart. Not sure where the ladies' glans are, but ladies just have a prod around down there and make a bit of when you stop farting.

JaDanketies

I heard if you jab your perineum it stops you jizzing when you reach the vinegar strokes

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 22, 2020, 08:50:30 AM
I heard if you jab your perineum it stops you jizzing when you reach the vinegar strokes

You have to do it just right, though, because if you jab it slightly wrong then you jizz immediately and violently but in a way that feels fucking amazing. For either thing you need to jab really hard though, so come on, lads, muller those bifkins for victory.

NoSleep

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 21, 2020, 08:53:28 PM
I can still do it by transferring the vibration from my throat to my lips, it's not a lip trill but the same humming sensation.

Humming uses the nasal cavity to resonate the sound of the throat throughout the bones in the head. If this doesn't happen it isn't humming. You can hear the loss of depth when you transfer the sound to via the mouth (especially noticeable if you block your nose, as stated in the original post).

touchingcloth

kittens

Quote from: NoSleep on October 22, 2020, 09:23:31 AM
Humming uses the nasal cavity to resonate the sound of the throat throughout the bones in the head. If this doesn't happen it isn't humming. You can hear the loss of depth when you transfer the sound to via the mouth.

that's like saying running with your hand in the air or one eye closed isn't running. it's just a different kind of running. i rest my case

NoSleep

Quote from: kittens on October 22, 2020, 09:27:44 AM
that's like saying running with your hand in the air or one eye closed isn't running. it's just a different kind of running. i rest my case

You can hear the loss of depth in the sound if you block your nose (as suggested in the original post); it is a different sound, not comparable to running. But you probably believe holding one of your legs and hopping is identical to running.

olliebean

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 22, 2020, 12:23:19 AM
Hold your lips apart with your fingers, like you're doing the 'My dad's a banker and he banks all day" schoolyard joke, and then try to roll your tongue.

Ah, right, now I see. My tongue still rolls without my lips, but with the lips they press inwards on either side and make it a "tighter" roll. I don't think, though, that if I couldn't roll my tongue without my lips, I'd be able to do it with the aid of my lips.