Author Topic: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out  (Read 226449 times)

Re: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out
« Reply #2460 on: January 08, 2021, 05:38:21 PM »
Binging Seinfeld. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is 60 next week.

Re: "F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out
« Reply #2461 on: January 08, 2021, 09:32:25 PM »
Detective John Munch is The Fonz' cousin.

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #2462 on: January 08, 2021, 11:07:17 PM »
'Wake in Fright' and 'Weekend at Bernies' were directed by the same person.

Seven Up! and The World Is Not Enough were directed by the same person (but a different same person from Wake/Weekend).

famethrowa

• mere rhetorical frippery
« Reply #2463 on: January 09, 2021, 03:00:48 AM »
Seven Up! and The World Is Not Enough were directed by the same person (but a different same person from Wake/Weekend).

Surprised me, that one. I wish our fella had put his Roy Mallard-style voiceover on Bond!

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • LIKE A BULLY BOY IN A BENETTON SHOP
« Reply #2464 on: January 11, 2021, 03:14:43 AM »
There were five incidents involving B-52s crashing with nuclear weapons on board in the 1960s in the IS alone.

https://youtu.be/zO3sCdAmwPw

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • LIKE A BULLY BOY IN A BENETTON SHOP
« Reply #2465 on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »
There's a gene-encoded protein named after Sonic The Hedgehog.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog

Hat tip to Blue Jam.

petrilTanaka

• Are we counting shites?
« Reply #2466 on: January 11, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »
There's a gene-encoded protein named after Sonic The Hedgehog.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog

Hat tip to Blue Jam.

In the zebrafish, two of the three vertebrate hh genes are duplicated: SHH a [16] and SHH b[17] (formerly described as tiggywinkle hedgehog, named for Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, a character from Beatrix Potter's books for children) and ihha and ihhb[18] (formerly described as echidna hedgehog, named for the spiny anteater and not for the character Knuckles the Echidna in the Sonic franchise).

lovely

« Reply #2467 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »
The wrestler The Edge plays Kjetil Flatnose in the TV series Vikings.

« Reply #2468 on: January 14, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »
80's comedy 'Happy Families' has never been released on home media due to it's heavy use of the Elton John track 'Song For Guy'. The licensing rights are just too damn expensive and it's too prevalent to edit out.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #2469 on: January 15, 2021, 11:11:57 PM »
Jared Kushner had plastic surgery to look like that.

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #2470 on: January 16, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
80's comedy 'Happy Families' has never been released on home media due to it's heavy use of the Elton John track 'Song For Guy'. The licensing rights are just too damn expensive and it's too prevalent to edit out.

Are you talking about the kids’ comedy based on Janet & Allan Ahlberg books, or the comedy starring French & Saunders, Ade Edmondson and Stephen Fry?

If the latter, it was provided with a budget for its second series, but that was never made so the earmarked money was spent on the first series of Red Dwarf.

« Reply #2471 on: January 16, 2021, 11:36:13 AM »
Jared Kushner had plastic surgery to look like that.

Can I have the cannibalistic sociopath look please. Soul-less empathy void implants? Yes please!

« Reply #2472 on: January 18, 2021, 11:17:03 PM »
A starfish has a mouth on the bottom and an anus on the top, but no brain.

I was trying to find out what animal a starfish's anus looks like, but it just seems to be a tiny circle.

« Reply #2473 on: January 19, 2021, 01:42:41 PM »
The beard guy who plays Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation is the same bloke from that Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction show/memes. Fuck my hat.

petrilTanaka

• Are we counting shites?
« Reply #2474 on: January 19, 2021, 02:17:30 PM »
The beard guy who plays Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation is the same bloke from that Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction show/memes. Fuck my hat.

*wry smile*

we made that one up

« Reply #2475 on: January 19, 2021, 02:39:20 PM »
Rainbow = 'rain' 'bow'

« Reply #2476 on: January 19, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »
Just noticed (and looked up in the OED) that to bow="to bend over" and bow="a curved thing you fire arrows with" despite being pronounced differently have similar meanings and come from the same root in Old Germanic, "bug-" meaning to bend.

« Reply #2477 on: January 19, 2021, 08:34:57 PM »
Ox bow lakes! My one takeaway from CSE Geography.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

• Fuck. You've confused the goat.
« Reply #2478 on: January 20, 2021, 12:41:15 AM »
Just noticed (and looked up in the OED) that to bow="to bend over" and bow="a curved thing you fire arrows with" despite being pronounced differently have similar meanings and come from the same root in Old Germanic, "bug-" meaning to bend.

Same with "Buxom".

« Reply #2479 on: January 20, 2021, 09:36:05 AM »
Same with "Buxom".

I bet it is, you dirty old bollocks, etc...

« Reply #2480 on: January 20, 2021, 01:43:22 PM »
On the subject of words, I thought it was weird that Segway is a brand name, and the actual word is spelled segue.

« Reply #2481 on: January 20, 2021, 02:36:48 PM »
Kate Hardy (of "Mona Lisa" and "The Krays" fame) is the daughter of ornithologist and Goodie- Bill Oddie.

« Reply #2482 on: January 20, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
Kate Hardy (of "Mona Lisa" and "The Krays" fame) is the daughter of ornithologist and Goodie- Bill Oddie.
Kate Hardie. There's also an author called Kate Hardy who's also called Pamela Brooks, Lucinda Chester, Evelyn D'Arcy, Chelsea Miller and Pamela Rochford. (I was just trying to find out who Hardie's mum was, with the hope that there was someone called Hardie-Oddie, but it's apparently a Jean Hart of no particular celebrity, and Hardie's stage name is apparently a mix of Hart and Oddie.)

Tags: