Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was a bit surprised - not hatfucked - that Bleak Moments (Mike Leigh's first film) is fifty years old. But that might just be because I'm surprised that 1971 is fifty years old.

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 18, 2021, 01:49:20 AM
I thought you were joking about Rees-Mogg's age, but I've just googled him and he's fucking thirty one?????

I know, and Justin fucking Bieber just turned 40. Makes you think.

George White

Realised both Boba Fetts began  their career  in The Children's Film Foundation
Cat Gang 1959
Rangi's Catch 1972

steve98

I just watched a Dicky Attenborough thing about the Tasmanian Devil - what a fucking noise it makes. Two of them were fighting over some carrion, and the screeching racket was truly horrible.

DrGreggles

Quote from: George White on June 19, 2021, 05:09:15 PM
Cat Gang 1959
Rangi's Catch 1972

So many words I don't understand.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2021, 11:37:44 PM
So many words I don't understand.

I still don't know who Boba Fett is.  I saw the film twice in 1977 when I was 8 (twice because a friends mum took us all to see it and I wasn't gonna turn down a freebie by saying I'd already seen it), and then again when it was shown on tv circa 1981.  I had a comic that made a big thing of Boba Fett and I had no clue who he was.  The in the film ET the kid mentions him and I still had no clue who he was and wondered why he'd single out a lesser character rather than one of the main ones.  Then I saw the film again sometime in the 2000's and specifically looked out for him and failed.  Is it one of those things where he's never mentioned by name or was I not paying attention?  Meh.

famethrowa

Quote from: George White on June 19, 2021, 05:09:15 PM
Cat Gang 1959
Rangi's Catch 1972

After some pondering, I understand. The Star War character "Boba Fett" has been played by 2 actors in various films, both of which began their acting career in films made or distributed by The Children's Film Foundation.

olliebean

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 20, 2021, 12:34:36 AM
I still don't know who Boba Fett is.

I'm still unclear who Buckyballs is in the Marvel films, despite having had it explained to me on numerous occasions. There's something about him that just seems to slide right out of my brain.

DrGreggles

Quote from: famethrowa on June 20, 2021, 02:33:16 AM
After some pondering, I understand. The Star War character "Boba Fett" has been played by 2 actors in various films, both of which began their acting career in films made or distributed by The Children's Film Foundation.

Ah, I'm not a Star Warist.
I've heard of Harrison Ford, if that helps.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: steve98 on June 19, 2021, 07:14:39 PM
I just watched a Dicky Attenborough thing about the Tasmanian Devil - what a fucking noise it makes. Two of them were fighting over some carrion, and the screeching racket was truly horrible.

A couple of years ago I listened to a documentary about them and their face cancer. At night, working by myself. It wasn't pleasant.
Think it was a StereoRadiolab one. It had interesting conclusions about their ailment which I have since forgotten but I'm fucked if I'm going to relisten to it.

Dex Sawash

Kankurette

touchingcloth

Quote from: Kankurette on June 21, 2021, 12:40:33 AM
Ronalado won't get tattoos so he can keep giving blood.

Tattooed people can't give blood. Fuck me in the h.

Sonny_Jim

Most countries make you wait for a certain period of time before giving blood.  Gay man have the same restrictions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_donation_restrictions_on_men_who_have_sex_with_men#List_of_countries_with_their_stand_on_MSM_blood_donors

EDIT:  Slight hat fuck, Isaac Asimov died of AIDs after a contaminated blood transfusion.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 21, 2021, 06:43:28 AM
Most countries make you wait for a certain period of time before giving blood.  Gay man have the same restrictions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_donation_restrictions_on_men_who_have_sex_with_men#List_of_countries_with_their_stand_on_MSM_blood_donors

EDIT:  Slight hat fuck, Isaac Asimov died of AIDs after a contaminated blood transfusion.

That's not a restriction on gay men giving blood, it's a restriction on men who have sex with men. I do that occasionally just for a ruddy laugh, no homo.

NoSleep

Quote from: steve98 on June 19, 2021, 07:14:39 PM

Probably because they were expecting Dicky's surviving brother to be doing the commentary.

steve98

Quote from: NoSleep on June 21, 2021, 01:34:24 PM
Probably because they were expecting Dicky's surviving brother to be doing the commentary.

O right, "Dicky" doesn't equal David, does it. My mistake: "Dicky" means Richard. Sorted.

Paul Calf

The Perpetual Lightbulb Obsolescence Conspiracy Theory isn't just a conspiracy theory. It actually happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5v8D-alAKE

bakabaka

Quote from: olliebean on June 20, 2021, 10:25:07 AM
I'm still unclear who Buckyballs is in the Marvel films, despite having had it explained to me on numerous occasions. There's something about him that just seems to slide right out of my brain.
Buckyballs is short for Buckminsterfullershit, the barman character in the Deadpool movies who was funny in the comics, apparently.

Based on the original buckminsterfullerine, the strongest substance known to man[nb]after vibranium and unobtainium, obviously[/nb], made of perfectly symmetrical carbon molecules. Killed by Magneto in Iron Man #263, but brought back in to our timeline by Doctor Bong in Howard the Duck #23.

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 22, 2021, 10:58:03 AM
The Perpetual Lightbulb Obsolescence Conspiracy Theory isn't just a conspiracy theory. It actually happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5v8D-alAKE

Veritasium's channel is a f**k-my-hat fest. As was the revelation that he was born in Australia.

touchingcloth

RONALADO NÃO LOOK SAME HAVE FAT NÃO TEM COMO SE DIZ GAP

touchingcloth

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 26, 2021, 12:38:09 PM
RONALADO NÃO LOOK SAME HAVE FAT NÃO TEM COMO SE DIZ GAP

BRICK UP ALL WINDWOS
LOKC ALL THE DOOR
RONALADO GOAL FIRST
ON ROBIOOOOT WAR

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🏉

Fr.Bigley

If you squint he does have a look of Craig Charles combined with John Barnes.

touchingcloth

Gulftastic

Nicky Clyne, who played Callie in Battlestar Galactica, and I though was as cute as a button, left to join that weird sex cult that also got hold of Alison Mack out off of Smallville. She ended up married to Mack as some kind of immigration scam.

Check  out the grim details on her wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Clyne

Icehaven

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 30, 2021, 08:24:31 PM
Nicky Clyne, who played Callie in Battlestar Galactica, and I though was as cute as a button, left to join that weird sex cult that also got hold of Alison Mack out off of Smallville. She ended up married to Mack as some kind of immigration scam.

120 year sentence? What did he do, eat the babies?

touchingcloth

The Dog

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 30, 2021, 08:24:31 PM

When they said Battlestar Galacticon was a cult show, they really meant it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Park_(actress)