Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: kittens on December 16, 2017, 11:15:34 AM
of course if you kept living and didn't die of anything else you would die of cancer.

I bet most people would die of suicide first.

kittens

Dr Rock

This is a shit version of living forever where you die at some point.

idunnosomename

I've just realised you can stick your finger out of your trousers for a pretend penis.

Changed my life it has. I'm off to spread the good news!

Quote from: Jockice on December 16, 2017, 09:09:44 AM
Jona Lewie's real name is John Lewis. But they've never used one of his songs for their Christmas advert.

And his first taste of chart success was in 1972 as Terry Dactyl and the Dinosaurs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtuX6INpnrY

SteveDave

Quote from: Jockice on December 15, 2017, 06:06:34 PM
Neither Sarah Cracknell or Tim Burgess were born on Christmas day, despite the St Etienne single claiming so. However Annie Lennox and Shane MacGowan were but they never did a version of it.

Bob Stanley was born on Cmas Day though. And he co-wrote it. So...sigh.

Jockice

Quote from: SteveDave on December 18, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
Bob Stanley was born on Cmas Day though. And he co-wrote it. So...sigh.

I actually didn't know that. But Pete and Sarah should have forced him to sing it.

imitationleather

Being born on Christmas Day sounds shit. Certainly not worthy of boasting about in song-form. I was born on 6th October and you don't see me mentioning it (much), even though it's loads better than getting popped out on 25th of fucking December.

My girlfriend just informed me that she was due to be born on Christmas Day but was a week early. So that makes her birthday... Errr... Shit!

SteveDave

I was due to be born on Cmas Day but ended up being 6 days late and slithered into the world on New Years Eve. The night of the amateur drinker.

Norton Canes

Lord Lucan was screen-tested by Cubby Broccoli for the role of James Bond in Dr No.

Shit Good Nose

Small Man Big Horse

Possibly more disturbing than amazing but I've just discovered that according to trustworthy sources The Sun and The Daily Mail, Smallville's Allison Mack is involved in a sex cult. Here's the DM piece:

QuoteFormer Smallville actress is 'second in command of sex cult under investigation for extorting, beating and branding its members - including Catherine Oxenberg's daughter'

NXIVM, founded by Keith Raniere brands itself as a self-help group, but former members have said it's really a cult

Frank Parlato, a former spokesman for NXIVM, revealed on his blog that Mack has been running a secret sorority within the cult that brands women

The sorority, called DOS, has a master-slave hierarchy where Mack is only second to Raniere in terms of seniority, the blog states

She then presides over a small group of slaves, who in turn must recruit their own set of slaves or else face corporeal punishment

On her personal website, Mack says Raniere has been her mentor for many years

A spokesman for Mack said the actress is not speaking to the press currently

Earlier this week, former Dynasty star Catherine Oxenberg met with prosecutors in New York to detail her daughter's experience in the
group 

By ASHLEY COLLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

A former star of the hit series Smallville has been identified as a high-ranking member of a sex cult. Last month, the New York Times broke the story about a secret sorority that brands women, puts them on starvation diets and beats them if they don't recruit enough 'slaves'. The group, called DOS, is reportedly a secret society for the highest ranking female members within the self-help group NXIVM.

To outsiders, NXIVM is just a run-of-the-mill self-improvement group, offering classes that teach the answers to living a successful and fulfilling life.  But ex-members told the Times that NXIVM functions as a cult for people at the high levels of the group, who have dedicated themselves full-time to founder Keith Rainere and his teachings.  On Wednesday, a former spokesman for the group, Frank Parlato, told The Sun that an 'Emmy Award-winning actress' is a 'key recruiter' for DOS.

While The Sun did not name the actress, DailyMail.com can reveal that she is Allison Mack, who played Clark Kent's sidekick Chloe Sullivan on the long-running CW series Smallville.

Parlato goes into further detail about Mack's role in the group on his blog, The Frank Report, which has been publishing information on the group's inner-workings.  (Parlato says he was fired after one year when Raniere caught him investigating the company's financial records. He has been locked in a legal battle with both Raniere and two Bronfman heiresses who are members of the group, the later of whom claim he defrauded them).  The Frank Report claimed that Mack created DOS with the intention of turning it into a worldwide organization that would be a 'force for good and a female force against evil'.

Ex-members have detailed how only the most loyal NXIVM female members are offered the ability to try out for DOS. In order to join, prospective new members must allegedly turn over damning personal information as a show of trust. But ex-members say that information is actually used to keep members from speaking out about the horrifying reality of the group.  DOS operates as a master-slave hierarchy, with Raniere at the top and Mack as his immediate subordinate. From there, Mack has several slaves of her own who are then ordered to recruit a group of slaves themselves, and it spreads down from there like a pyramid scheme. Women in the group are allegedly kept on a 500- to 800-calorie a day diet because Raniere likes thin women and believes fat 'interferes' with his energy levels, Parlato claims.

Slaves must immediately answer their masters any time they text or call them, and if they do not recruit enough slaves of their own, they are beaten with a paddle on their buttocks. The Frank Report alleges that it was Mack who introduced corporeal punishment to the group. When women are deemed worthy to enter the group, they are ordered to strip at an initiation ceremony and then branded with a symbol that includes both Raniere and Mack's initials.

The blog also says that there's yet another tier of the cult above DOS. Women who perform well in DOS may also be invited to join Raniere's harem. Mack 'has assumed the top position in the harem,' the Report says. 'Miss Mack has proven capable in the recruitment department replacing many aging harem members with younger, more nubile women,' the Report says. DailyMail.com reached out to Mack's spokesman for comment, but learned 'she is not taking press inquiries at the time'.

FredNurke

There was apparently a big exposé piece about all this in the New York Times in October. Bloody hell.

Phil_A

I won't believe this story until I've seen video evidence of this shocking, lurid behaviour.  Let's hope some appears.

Dex Sawash

Isnt Anything

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Isnt Anything on December 20, 2017, 09:04:41 PM
surely thats an obvious thing that youve only just realised ?

When I learned it earlier today, I said aloud "well fuck my hat" so here it is.

biggytitbo

Twed

Twed

Twed

Quote from: olliebean on December 15, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Actually only Aldi South trades in the US as ALDI. Aldi North trades as Trader Joe's.
That's really surprising. Trader Joes is one of the best supermarkets in the US.

Brundle-Fly

Yesterday, some phone in caller to 6Music claimed that the name of John Squires' shortlived band, The Seahorses was an anagram of "He hates Roses". Bit pointed, John.

biggytitbo

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 21, 2017, 06:35:50 PM
Japan has the death penalty.

For what? I got the impression most punishments involved shame and the fear of being ostracised.

imitationleather

bgmnts

America spends 465 billion dollars on Christmas presents every year and that could easily end world hunger. Mental.

biggytitbo

You can't eat a Christmas present (unless it's fruit jellies or a ham)  you silly man.