Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic and Bob-new series of Big Night Out

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, December 15, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

AsparagusTrevor

Autopsy Turvey

Why on earth BBC4? That's where you put documentaries about the motorway system.

TheMonk

We'll know after the Christmas special if a series is a good idea. I do think they should have waited till it screens to announce this. Removes a bit of the novelty of a one off.

Still, I assume it'll be good fun and this format is the best suited to them. I think they've wanted to do a sketch show for ages, perhaps calling it Big Night Out was the only way they could get it going.

magval

Did youse know this is back on Wednesday (28th), 10pm on BBC4?

Mango Chimes

I didn't, because I get all my news from CaB. Thanks! I hope it's better than the special.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on December 15, 2017, 01:24:28 PM
Why on earth BBC4? That's where you put documentaries about the motorway system.

Yes but the one about building the M62 was truly hilarious.

willy crossit

Went to see them show a couple of episodes of this at the BFI last week.

Loved both eps, a step up from the special from what I can remember of it

Alberon

Quote from: willy crossit on November 26, 2018, 12:41:48 PM
Went to see them show a couple of episodes of this at the BFI last week.

Loved both eps, a step up from the special from what I can remember of it

I hope so. There's being deliberately ramshackle and then there's just being in pieces on the floor.

Malcy

Vic & Bob are on 6 Music at midday tomorrow.

sevendaughters

do they think Bob is going to die and they're just getting as much as they can in? He's always on that crap panel show, there was the fishing show, Radio 6, now this. Not complaining like.

Malcy

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 27, 2018, 10:30:06 PM
do they think Bob is going to die and they're just getting as much as they can in? He's always on that crap panel show, there was the fishing show, Radio 6, now this. Not complaining like.

David Tennant must have been terminally ill in 2009 by that logic. Great recovery though!

thenoise

Trying to make up for all the years when they would only 'let' V&B do Shooting Stars?

DrGreggles

It's Vic & Bob pissing about on the telly!
What's not to like?

Captain Z

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 27, 2018, 10:30:06 PM

Would I Lie To You? He's absolutely brilliant on it, and while the show is highly dependent on the guests it's the best panel show going now. You also missed the Athletico Mince podcast which is the best thing he does.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Captain Z on November 28, 2018, 12:10:32 PM
Would I Lie To You? He's absolutely brilliant on it, and while the show is highly dependent on the guests it's the best panel show going now. You also missed the Athletico Mince podcast which is the best thing he does.

oh yeah I mean I just watch his bits on youtube, can't stand the actual show.

podcast isn't Beeb but yeah he's doing a lot for a guy supposedly near dead.

Replies From View

Quote from: Captain Z on November 28, 2018, 12:10:32 PM
You also missed the Athletico Mince podcast which is the best thing he does.

Unfortunately it is unlistenable due to his profoundly untalented, sycophantic, coat-tails riding co-host.

Astonishing to think that of all the potential comedy partners for Bob out there, he went with someone whose only credit in life is stealing something from CaB and passing it off as his own.

garnish

Quote from: Replies From View on November 28, 2018, 07:56:28 PM
Unfortunately it is unlistenable due to his profoundly untalented, sycophantic, coat-tails riding co-host.

Astonishing to think that of all the potential comedy partners for Bob out there, he went with someone whose only credit in life is stealing something from CaB and passing it off as his own.

What did he steal?

Replies From View

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Replies From View on November 28, 2018, 08:06:26 PM
GET IN GRAVE

which he changed to

GET IN THE SEA

They're vaguely similar, but this seems like a bit of a stretch.

PaulTMA

Replies From View

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on November 28, 2018, 08:09:53 PM
They're vaguely similar, but this seems like a bit of a stretch.

Vaguely similar?  They are identical in concept (lists of shit stuff followed by GET IN GRAVE or the far worse GET IN THE SEA), and the latter followed too soon after Boston Crab's version for it to be a coincidence.

If the guy was coming up with anything else of worth one might argue that he's a well-spring of decent ideas and good humour but he isn't; it's just this one thing which happens to be identical to Boston Crab's own version with a word changed into two words - fucking the rhythm of the original, by the way.

I wouldn't mind, but off the back of it he has a GET IN THE SEA book and he is somehow working with Bob Mortimer and trying to pull him down to his level.

colacentral

"Jump in a lake" and similar have been common phrases for years. I find CaB back slapping pretty grotesque.

dr beat

Um yeah. YEAH YEAH YEAH HAVE YOU NOT GET DECKING IN YOUR OOOWWWNNN HOME YEEAAAHHH.

For me the appeal is Bob being brilliant.

WHATS NOT TO LIKE YEAHHHH

Replies From View

Quote from: colacentral on November 28, 2018, 08:42:04 PM
back slapping

I'm not Boston Crab.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread with this; just responding to the Athletico Mince recommendation.  Let's leave this discussion here.

Phil_A

I thought that was absolutely delightful. No complaints whatsoever.